Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery times of Tesla Model-Y (June-July orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EDD now back to October, this morning it came at 9/17 - 9/30.
Order Date: July 3rd
White / Black /5S/ FSD/ Tow

Another 60 days could cost my trade another 3k from what I am seeing on other trade in issues here. One would assume they would expedite order with a trade lol.

I ordered MYLR ON 05/21 I've had my delivery date pushed from Late July, to mid August, now says October? ARE YOU KIDDING ME??

Welcome to my world. Ordered on Feb 21 and was ready to take delivery in mid-March. Had my VIN, ACH payment paid, and delivery date set.... until Tesla sold my car to somebody else and then put be at the end of the line to wait for another LR, which now has an EDD of 9/2 - 9/22 :rolleyes:

On a side note, my July 15 MYP order was bumped a couple of days from 8/9 to now 8/13 - 9/2. I suspect I may see a VIN next week or sometime next week for that.

Welcome to my world. Ordered on Feb 21 and was ready to take delivery in mid-March. Had my VIN, ACH payment paid, and delivery date set.... until Tesla sold my car to somebody else and then put be at the end of the line to wait for another LR, which now has an EDD of 9/2 - 9/22 :rolleyes:

On a side note, my July 15 MYP order was bumped a couple of days from 8/9 to now 8/13 - 9/2. I suspect I may see a VIN next week or sometime next week for that.
You gotta be kidding me...

I ordered my LR MY 5 seater/no fsd/19in wheels/White on May 27th. Account is showing estimated delivery between Aug 5-25, but has been bouncing around over the past couple weeks. At first it showed July 25th -> Aug 15, then Aug 15- Aug30th, now Aug 5-25 lol. I also spoke with my SA last week and he said his screen showed Sept 5-sept 15.... dunno who to believe!
Just an update, account now says "October" like most that i've read on this thread. Hoping this changes back to Early Sept like it said on Saturday! :mad:😭

I'm in a similar situation as far as the dates, but no VIN yet. Weird you received the VIN and the dates are still being pushed back. Have you talked to your Tesla Advisor?
I spoke with my advisor and they thought it was weird as well. The advisor stated that a car is delivered within 7 days of a VIN being issued, but when he checked the order apparently the car wasn't even being built yet. It was really weird. National VIN registries show my make and model.

For anyone (rightfully) worried about October dates, I view them as placeholders to be honest. If you had a normal EDD before and it shows October, my guess is that the system put a default placeholder. I had a normal EDD on Saturday, then Sunday morning it went to October, Sunday evening it went back to the previous EDD, and this morning it was October again.

If it stays at October for like a week, then I'd be a bit worried.

Reactions: TheSackLakeKid
For anyone (rightfully) worried about October dates, I view them as placeholders to be honest. If you had a normal EDD before and it shows October, my guess is that the system put a default placeholder. I had a normal EDD on Saturday, then Sunday morning it went to October, Sunday evening it went back to the previous EDD, and this morning it was October again.

If it stays at October for like a week, then I'd be a bit worried.
What if you had no EDD before getting the October placeholder?

Just got an update on my Tesla account with a EDD for December! It was October when I ordered 7/24. I'm getting the MYLR/ White/Black/5 seats/19"/No FSD. That's madness. Looks like a second credit soft check for me. Sucks!
oh, I ordered on 7/21. As of now it says October. But if yours moved to December, it's just a matter of time mine will be moved too, oh well

That is insane!