Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery times of Tesla Model-Y (June-July orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Um, okay. I just logged in and this morning it was 8/10->8/31 (I ordered 6/21) MYP and it said "order update!" and it was asking about the fact I knew it no longer had a Radar (I had answered this update a while ago, so weird it showed up again). I clicked continue and now it shows my delivery date 6-8 weeks out bringing my model Y Perf which had an ETA of 1-7 weeks when I ordered it to a new ETA of Sept-Oct. WTH is this all about? I figured I'd drop the extra $$$ on perf because I love the punch but also the ETA was 1-7 weeks back in June. This is BS. Oh, but I have a VIN now (248xxx), I didn't before? I'm confused as to if this is a good thing or not.
You may have realized this by now, but the EDD goes a bit crazy for a few hours when the VIN is assigned. You’re very close now - probably 1-2 weeks away from delivery.

• Love
Reactions: Britboy007
So I'm new to the forum, but from reading this and other threads, EDDs and when they show is all a crap shoot right? I mean I've read similar configs of people who are near me in the SE with order dates after me who have gotten VINs. Leads me to believe there really is no real rhyme or reason to the madness? That sound right?

Reactions: dyau and E30-4ME
So I'm new to the forum, but from reading this and other threads, EDDs and when they show is all a crap shoot right? I mean I've read similar configs of people who are near me in the SE with order dates after me who have gotten VINs. Leads me to believe there really is no real rhyme or reason to the madness? That sound right?
Sounds right to me, Tesla orders are insane right now and I can't imagine what's going on behind the scenes trying to keep up.

Reactions: ApolloSquare
Yes, it's a roller coaster ride. You have the highs of seeing delivery dates getting closer then the lows when the delivery dates completely disappear. Lots of people have lots of opinions/theories/beliefs of the mythical EDD and my advice would be guarded enthusiasm until the moment you drive your new car off the dealer lot. In the meantime, learn all you can (read the owners manual, watch YouTube videos), explore accessories and reveal in the anticipation of getting a new Tesla.

EDD now 8/13 - 8/24, end date pushed back by +2 days....feels close yet so far.

Ordered on 7/8:

MY LR AWD, BLACK, WHITE INTERIOR, 19s, AP, 5 seater
8/2 - 9/3

Modified on 7/9:
MYP, BLACK, WHITE INTERIOR, 21s, AP, 5 seater 8/2 - 9/3

EDD Timeline:
7/13: 8/8 - 8/28
7/14: 8/1 - 8/21
7/15: 8/15 - 9/4
7/16: 8/1 - 8/21
7/23: Grayed out "Review Agreements" button appeared
7/24: 8/8 - 8/28