Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery times of Tesla Model-Y (June-July orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My EDD just updated yesterday, pushed back to 10/20-11/9. This is concerning, as I'm attending a conference the first week of November, and per my SA, they don't have much flexibility in the five-day pickup window after delivery. If this comes in while I'm away and I can't get back in town to pick it up in time, I can't imagine myself going back into the queue willingly. Has anyone else run into this?

Just wanted to update all. OD 14th July and completed all profile settings same day. MY LR White, Black, 19" 7 Seater FSD no Tow. EDD had been floating all around from Aug to November and back to Sept steady for 10 days. I had been following up with my SA (excellent guy) for any match up/cancellation. 3 weeks back i had a call for blue exterior and same configuration if interested, but my family did not agree. This week i got an exact match with a VIN 254xx and I agreed to take it. Picking up this Friday. Hopefully, all goes well as planned. This forum has definitely been a great support over the roller coaster date changes.

Also, in last 24 hours, i have had multiple changes to my profile, change from cash to Finance, got Finance approval instantly, then decided to cancel and go back to using personal LOC and all those changes, but only after getting the VIN matched with my SA. All of those changes were very prompt with no issues.

Reactions: Ladybugn and OCJeff
OD July 24th - MY LR Red, Black int, 19", 7 Seater, FSD, Hitch

Original estimate was November. Bounced around alot, before settling on 9/17-9/30 ~2 weeks ago. Over the weekend pushed to January. As of yesterday its back to 9/17-930.

Weird thing - I never got contacted by a SA or from anyone at Tesla, which seems to be outside the norm from friends I have who have also ordered. Does everyone get an SA assigned?

OD July 24th - MY LR Red, Black int, 19", 7 Seater, FSD, Hitch

Original estimate was November. Bounced around alot, before settling on 9/17-9/30 ~2 weeks ago. Over the weekend pushed to January. As of yesterday its back to 9/17-930.

Weird thing - I never got contacted by a SA or from anyone at Tesla, which seems to be outside the norm from friends I have who have also ordered. Does everyone get an SA assigned?
I ordered online in July, I have also never been assigned an SA. (as far as I know)

But that is not unusual, as far as I can tell. I believe you only get "assigned an SA" if you place an order with in a Tesla showroom, or you request to talk to one over the phone.

But I'm not concerned, they will reach out to me when the order date is closer. But I would call if my expected delivery date (at time of order) started being pushed back more than a few weeks.

Reactions: larryfromtexas
I believe you can check with your SA or maybe Tesla Chat and confirm when your profile was last updated/locked in.
Just had a chat with Tesla. Apparently, whatever change the guy at the Tesla storefront made on July 29th caused my profile to be "re-marked" as complete the day I made that change. Payment method was the only change that was discussed, so here I am with a profile completion date that changed to a month after I initially completed it and pushed back because of it.

Full transcript of the chat below in case anyone wants to read it.

Tesla
02:06 PM
Welcome to Tesla! How can we help you today?
Alex
Good afternoon, Thomas!
Thomas
Hello Alex!
Alex
We hope you and your family are safe and well during these times. Thank you for chatting in!
Thomas
02:07 PM
Thanks! I actually have an order in from June, and just checking to see if there is any information as to why my expected delivery jumped to a November-December time frame?
Thomas
02:08 PM
That seems unexpectedly long given the September estimate given at time of order
Thomas
02:08 PM
And I can't seem to get in touch with anyone via email since placing the order
Alex
02:10 PM
Let me check on that for you - One moment, please.
Thomas
Thanks! Reference number is RN115181844
Alex
Thank you - That's very helpful information.
Alex
02:13 PM
Potentially (key word potentially) the reason the delay may have occurred is because your delivery profile wasn't completed until July 29th.
Alex
02:13 PM
However, supply and production-related matters are more likely the culprit.
Thomas
02:14 PM
Hmm, the only thing that changed on July 29th was a switch from Lease to Cash for the payment option.
Thomas
Well...that sucks
Alex
That shouldn't have affected it at all then.
Thomas
Yeah, I wouldn't think so either
Alex
02:15 PM
Sorry about that. This has actually been happening a lot lately, due to ongoing supply and production issues that are slowly but surely starting to improve.
Thomas
02:16 PM
Alright well, question...if I wanted to make a configuration change, would that set me back even further?
Alex
02:16 PM
That would definitely cause a setback.
Thomas
02:17 PM
Bleh, ok. Was considering switching to the white interior, but not at the expense of being pushed back again
Alex
02:18 PM
Also, the price of Model Y increased by $1,500 since you ordered, so I recommend sticking with the current configuration.
Thomas
Yeah, that was my thought as well
Alex
Right and then you'd see a $2,500 price increase.
Thomas
oh yikes, yeah no thanks, haha
Thomas
02:19 PM
Alright well, while very frustrating that changing the payment method set me back so much, I understand. This has been very helpful
Alex
The white interior is beautiful, but I don't know about $2,500 beautiful!
Thomas
Haha, no!
Alex
02:20 PM
The Payment Method didn't set you back.
Alex
I didn't know that was the only change; sorry about that.
Thomas
Hmm, it doesn't say what changed on the 29th? Just that that was the date it was marked as "complete"?
Thomas
02:21 PM
I orderd online and then went into a Tesla storefront here in Austin and had the gentleman there update the payment method. That was the only change that was discussed.
Alex
02:21 PM
Right.
Alex
02:22 PM
Maybe it just changed back to complete a second time - If it's just the payment method or something paperwork related, it doesn't affect the timeline at all.
Alex
02:22 PM
Unless let's say it's the day of delivery and you decide you want to trade in a vehicle, change the registrant, and apply for a lease haha.
Thomas
02:23 PM
lol, no I'll probably change to finance after I'm assigned a VIN
Alex
Sounds like a plan!
Alex
That won't delay delivery for even a second.
Thomas
02:24 PM
Alright, well thanks for looking into it for me
Read
Alex
Of course, Thomas. Sorry for all the confusion!
Alex
Anything else before I go?
Thomas
02:25 PM
Nope, that's it for today. I will just adjust my expectations based on a July 29th profile completion
Alex
02:26 PM
If you initially completed it earlier, then the new profile completion date is simply a formality indicating a change was made.
Thomas
02:27 PM
Well, we will see what happens. Even for a July completion end of November still seems a bit long but given the supply issues everyone is seeing, who knows?
Thomas
02:29 PM
Thanks for all your help today. I appreciate it.
Alex
02:30 PM
Right. It's eery to go to dealerships (of all brands) and see some of the lots empty for as far as the eye can see!
Alex
02:30 PM
Of course. Should you need anything else, please feel free to reach back out to pick up where we left off. Thanks again for chatting in with Tesla, and have an electric day!

Last edited:
Ordered date 7/23 model Y white, till yesterday shows in Oct and today pushed forward to nov16-dec09

Attachments

• tesla1.jpg
    tesla1.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 82
  • tesla2.jpg
    tesla2.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 53
Ordered date 7/23 model Y white, till yesterday shows in Oct and today pushed forward to nov16-dec09
Sounds about right for a late July order... Typical deliveries are about 90-120 days right now. Maybe even longer for new orders.

You cannot pay attention to any EDD when it simply shows the name of a month (October, November, January, etc...). They are errors/placeholders as the system wasn't able to calculate an EDD for your order. Happens sometimes.

My delivery date was scheduled to 9/2 like a week ago.
Paid amount due, updated insurance policy with Tesla VIN.
Today my delivery date is swapped to EDD 9/2-5 and SA says transit ETA is now 9/6 and that makes 9/7 for my earliest delivery date.

I didn't see this coming.

MYLR ordered 6/26
Never pay amount due until you are there and have inspected the vehicle. That’s what I did with my 2020 MY. Otherwise you’re up Schitt’s Creek (great show by the way) if they jerk you around like they’re doing or if the vehicle needs to be rejected for any reason. Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: Tony_YYZ
You’re in NY also? What’s your EDD and when did you order.
Hi Tes-Ionda!

yes NY. ordered a few days ago on 8/23. EDD on webpage is Sept 3-6.

However, the manager of the delivery site (smithtown) called me. She said she got an update, my car is at the logistics hub in cali and the read EDD is Sept 15-18. Shes not sure why the webpage says otherwise (still says 3-6 right now).

Btw, Thx OCJeff

These date shifts are nutty!

I ordered on 7/29. After my EDD was hanging in the late October / early November time frame, I decided to put my order on hold and shoot for a January delivery so my current car would be paid off (not trading in). Last Friday, my SA called me to recommend that I remove the hold, since new order estimates have been January for the past week or so.

I removed the hold last Friday and then yesterday I had an EDD of 11/9-29. So much for a January delivery. Decided I can deal with the double car payment for a month rather than keep trying to manage my delivery date.

Crazy that a number of people who ordered in the same time frame as me have a similar EDD even without the hold!