Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery times of Tesla Model-Y (June-July orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My EDD just shifted to Oct. 27 - Nov. 11. Not sure if that will hold true or not.

Now that its actually close I need to decide whether to to try and hold out for potential tax incentives/rebates. TBH I expected my order would shift more to the right. Does anyone have experience with putting an order on hold? What was the process and how long will a hold last? I had heard 90 days at one point which would easily let me wait out any potential tax changes.

EDD shifted to 10/10-11/01! Was in the EDD window twice it shifted out both times.

Model Y LR | Red/White | 7 Seat | 20" Induction Wheels | No FSD | Tow - OD 6/18/2021 (Profile 6/23) | Pick up (?): Seattle, WA
EDD - Best: 8/15-8/30 - Worst: 10/10-11/01 (Current)

Ok peeps, here is another data point:

Since August my SA and another SA that I spoke to, both told me my tentative build date is Mid October. During that time my EDD has changed quite a few times, while the build date on their end stayed the same.... So, my overall conclusion is what most of us already know: The EDD means nothing. It's at the whim of the algorithm.

I hope come mid-October, (15-18) I get a VIN. We'll see if the SA's knowledge holds true!

Reactions: dualmotor and DZMY

Since August my SA and another SA that I spoke to, both told me my tentative build date is Mid October. During that time my EDD has changed quite a few times, while the build date on their end stayed the same.... So, my overall conclusion is what most of us already know: The EDD means nothing. It's at the whim of the algorithm.

I hope come mid-October, (15-18) I get a VIN. We'll see if the SA's knowledge holds true!

My SA just emailed me that she sees a mid-October delivery and that I should be expecting a VIN in 1-2 weeks. Let’s see if that holds true as well. Staying optimistic but it’s hard…

Wait, so you’re getting a VIN at the same time as delivery?
We’ve had very similar EDD’s. What’s your pickup location?

Maybe I’ll get a VIN 1-2 days before pickup. I’m picking up in Costa Mesa.