Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery times of Tesla Model-Y (June-July orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MYLR OD: 7/2 Blue, Black interior, 7 seat, No tow, 20" induction wheels, EDD: 10/5-10/20, sunnyvale CA
My date got moved 8 times or so. Aug 5 -> Aug 18 -> sept 5 -> sept 18 -> sept 26-30 -> sept 29-30 -> oct 2-20 -> oct 5-20
I hope VIN will get assigned in coming week :(

Finally !! woke up to an email from Tesla asking me to make final payment (email came in @ 2AM). Logged in and got the blue button to "Proceed with Delivery" ..

Old EDD: Oct 10 - 24
New EDD Oct 20- 23
Model Year 2021
VIN 5YJYGDEE6MF286XXX

Was able to download MVPA since I was set to Cash for payment. Have to call Tesla and switch to financing.

Finally !! woke up to an email from Tesla asking me to make final payment (email came in @ 2AM). Logged in and got the blue button to "Proceed with Delivery" ..

Old EDD: Oct 10 - 24
New EDD Oct 20- 23
Model Year 2021
VIN 5YJYGDEE6MF286XXX

Was able to download MVPA since I was set to Cash for payment. Have to call Tesla and switch to financing.
Congratulations!! Is that a 2021 or 2022 model year?

Reactions: RichAuntie444
You guys, I’m starting to lose hope for the first time in 3 months.
I was inside my EDD twice over the last couple of weeks (including yesterday), then today my EDD shifted again to 10/13-11/12. I’m so pissed…

Although my SA told me my build date is mid October back in august and it’s said the same even with the EDD changing…. So, maybe it will be October? Idk. I’m just super frustrated…..

Reactions: DZMY
You guys, I’m starting to lose hope for the first time in 3 months.
I was inside my EDD twice over the last couple of weeks (including yesterday), then today my EDD shifted again to 10/13-11/12. I’m so pissed…

Although my SA told me my build date is mid October back in august and it’s said the same even with the EDD changing…. So, maybe it will be October? Idk. I’m just super frustrated…..
We are in the same boat...the same stinking, sinking, rotting boat! But at least we are together. :) Have a good day, we will get through this and laugh at it one day.

💪

Reactions: MTBevrider
I ordered last week of June, delivery date shows as about mid month to end of month. No vin, according to the dealer they "have us in they're system" for that date range, which as far as I can tell is just them seeing the same bullshit estimated delivery date as I am in the app/website. Maybe, I'm wrong, but seeing as I still don't have a VIN, I don't have much trust for the dates.

Reactions: MTBevrider
I ordered last week of June, delivery date shows as about mid month to end of month. No vin, according to the dealer they "have us in they're system" for that date range, which as far as I can tell is just them seeing the same bullshit estimated delivery date as I am in the app/website. Maybe, I'm wrong, but seeing as I still don't have a VIN, I don't have much trust for the dates.
To be more specific, according to SA, they "plan to be delivering" my car in late october, and my date range is <15 days. Still no vin, and not sure if this means anything more than a salesmans way of repeating my EDD or not

I realize this is a Tesla forum, and hence this comment will probably be met with scrutiny, but when you are selling a product that competes with luxury OEMs (eg: BMW, MB, Audi, Lexus, JLR) a little more transparency would be appreciated. Then again, every automaker is suffering from a bit of this rn, but at least most hand you the VIN so you have some idea of when its going to be built and not feel like your 60k purchase may never be realized. So glad I didn't order a model x like I planned to and turn 60k anxiety into 100k anxiety. New BMW X3 M40i looks more and more attractive by the day.

I realize this is a Tesla forum, and hence this comment will probably be met with scrutiny, but when you are selling a product that competes with luxury OEMs (eg: BMW, MB, Audi, Lexus, JLR) a little more transparency would be appreciated. Then again, every automaker is suffering from a bit of this rn, but at least most hand you the VIN so you have some idea of when its going to be built and not feel like your 60k purchase may never be realized. So glad I didn't order a model x like I planned to and turn 60k anxiety into 100k anxiety. New BMW X3 M40i looks more and more attractive by the day.
Honest question. If you told Merc/BMW that you wanted a car model that was going to take 3-4 months for you to get, how transparent and accurate would they be about the updates? Would you have the call the sales person every week to get updates, would they be able to tell you? I also wouldn't consider (most) Tesla's a "luxury" vehicle in the same sense as Merc/BMW, BUT in terms of price range - they can be similar. You're buying the battery and technology, and not getting the same level of plush luxury and fancy options available with other brands.

Reactions: Nikola369
Honest question. If you told Merc/BMW that you wanted a car model that was going to take 3-4 months for you to get, how transparent and accurate would they be about the updates? Would you have the call the sales person every week to get updates, would they be able to tell you? I also wouldn't consider (most) Tesla's a "luxury" vehicle in the same sense as Merc/BMW, BUT in terms of price range - they can be similar. You're buying the battery and technology, and not getting the same level of plush luxury and fancy options available with other brands.
Well, a couple of things, first of all, it's through the dealer that the process usually begins, so you would have a communication line with the factory at all times in the ordering process (I can verify at least that this is true for BMW) and if something came up, you would get a detailed explanation of events and a somewhat concrete production date, delivery would be however long it took to get the car from Germany to the delivery location.

As a secondary, at least for my Model Y, which is about 60k give or take as specced, the german competition in this segment (namely base 3 row GLE or X5) doesn't really offer anything much more in terms of luxury features unless you spend a lot more on options. This Model Y is actually a step down for me from usual in terms of price range for cars I buy, but honestly the only thing its missing in my view is ventilated seats. The biggest difference between Audi/merc/bmw and tesla seems to be build quality and material quality, which at this price point I can live with a deficit in. Had I ordered a Model X I might've taken a bit more issue with that.