Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery times of Tesla Model-Y (June-July orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Folks, can you please advise?
My SA told me on the phone that after receiving a VIN and payment, you now wait for the delivery date and then before your pickup time upload your insurance.
One of my friend said, her SA asked her to put the insurance first in order to receive the delivery date.
Which one is true? Without uploading insurance, they don't schedule the delivery?
Please help.

My SA told me on the phone that after receiving a VIN and payment, you now wait for the delivery date and then before your pickup time upload your insurance.
One of my friend said, her SA asked her to put the insurance first in order to receive the delivery date.
Which one is true? Without uploading insurance, they don't schedule the delivery?
Please help.
My understanding is they won't schedule until you upload insurance...

First time I've been happy my time slid right. November 24 to December 8 now. Looks like I should be able to deny the VIN and slide into 2022 if tax incentives happen.
Everyone is doing this but will it be for people who bought in 2022 or receiving their car in 2022? I am not seeing info on that. Or is there a purchase from date in 2021? so many factors in this. Also what is the amount 10k or 8k I see so many different answers.

and if this really happens, I bet Tesla raises their prices a substantial amount to "take" some of the rebate.
Read somewhere that says it most likely will increase. But of course if you placed an order already you are fine. If I did not need another car now I would wait. I will more than likely order a model 3 in a few days and lock in the price. I will be trading in my current car to Tesla plus the 8K and downpayment should be a nice chunk off the price. I will be using that car to rent it out.

Reactions: Falcon73
How long after you acknowledge the Tesla Vision do you get the vin?

For me it was within a few minutes.

Please help.

I just scheduled my delivery this morning and have not uploaded my insurance yet.