Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Denied by Alliant

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Omg guys. Stop giving me financial advise. I appreaciate it but don't need it. I do have other investments that I didn't need to disclose on here at the time. Once again, thanks.
Ha ha! I just finished my "advice" post and then saw your post so I deleted it as not to offend. Let us know what you lease and share some pics please.

Let me know if you need some extra cash in the future. I have a house in Frisco TX off the 9th hole of the Fairways (1 of 12 I own) and I need someone to stain a fence for me... I don't have a Tesla though as I can't afford one yet....

Ha ha! I just finished my "advice" post and then saw your post so I deleted it as not to offend. Let us know what you lease and share some pics please.

Let me know if you need some extra cash in the future. I have a house in Frisco TX off the 9th hole of the Fairways (1 of 12 I own) and I need someone to stain a fence for me... I don't have a Tesla though as I can't afford one yet....

Not sure if in jest or serious.

Being a landlord isn't for everyone...

The ROI is OK, but I could probably do just as well by smartly investing it longterm into the stock market.

Very true -- residentially speaking but you have to start somewhere and once you build up equity you can move to triple net commercial property which is much, much less of a headache. That's what I did although I still have one duplex with great tenants, fortunately.

As to the stock market, it's not one or the other as I see it. In fact, I bought Apple, Google, Sirius, and Canadian bank stocks years ago and have made way more off them than on properties but I think the market is due for a significant correction and it's more like gambling to me than owning property.

• Helpful
Reactions: Max*
Now you have me curious. I need to do some reading, thanks.

Like I said I'm torn between selling, keeping it, or using the equity to buy another one. I'm all over the place.

From personal experience, I would try to get cash from any available source (but from personal savings) and load up. Given where rates are at right now, it's a no-brainer. Real-estate is the only investment where you can really make your money work without losing sleep.

I'm in fact going to max out the auto loan so that I can use the extra cash+rebate towards down payment on an investment property.

Reactions: Max*
[Insert male monkey-like chest beating about how great I am here.]

Right. That makes sense. My name is "Canuck" and my picture is a moose. I guess I'm trying to boost the egos of Canadian Moose everywhere.

Did you ever think for a moment the advice could have maybe an ounce of merit? Maybe even the advice could radically change someone's life for the better?

No, better to say it's all about the ego of an anonymous poster. That makes much more sense.

Omg guys. Stop giving me financial advise. I appreaciate it but don't need it. I do have other investments that I didn't need to disclose on here at the time. Once again, thanks.

Point taken except that the advice was really for more people than just you. I actually forgot all about you... ;)

Last edited:
I got an email around 4:00 today with 'thanks for applying with Alliant, you've been denied. You'll get a letter within 7-10 days." NO questions asked, or anything.. So- of course by the time I try to call him, he's already gone. I know exactly why they denied it. It's not due to debt to credit ration (4%), it's not due to Income (over 4K month without any expenses), not due to no previous car buying lease experience (BMW lease prior) and not due to credit score (752), the BMW is still showing up under my name because the process is not done yet. If it was due to credit score, they would of come back with a higher rate- not just flat denied. I don't know what to do. I told my guy at Tesla and he said to call on Monday and see if they will reevaluate it, he said it's happened before. The guy at alliant is Scott Meyer. Did a quick google search and his name has appeared on TMC before. Anyone ever been denied, then approved?

Check with Energy Federal Credit Union. They are fast and have reasonable rates.

I have to agree with others here, you should not be in a Tesla. Buying a house, having your retirement funded, etc. is more important. Tesla's are great, but not as good as financial security.

Just want to point out that while having your retirement decently funded according to your lifestyle is important, buying a house is not on everyone's radar (incl. mine). For me at least, while I'm young, as long as it doesn't prompt a major lifestyle change due to a decrease in available capital, I'd rather have the Tesla and do what others are doing. That is, taking a loan and outperforming the interest rates, which I'd then use to finance a much higher commitment, such as a home, in the future.

I suppose I could afford a home now, but I don't need a home now. I don't particularly have the home improvement/DIY bug (only occasionally) and the maintenance of a home just barely makes me shudder still. I still regularly spend large amounts of time abroad. My point is that everyone has their reasons and some may actually preclude that from being a secure decision.

On topic...thank you Brandon for revisiting this and letting us know you got it worked out. I was actually a little worried after seeing the original post. My situation sounds a little like yours so I'm glad to know that won't be an issue.

Last edited:
I'm typing this from my hotel room in Copenhagen after travelling from London, Paris, Brussels, Amsterdam, Heidelberg, Munich, Salzberg, Venice, Nice, Pisa, Florence, Rome and tomorrow Iceland before heading home

This post has nothing to do with this thread except that when I typed the above I had just recently spent 3 days in Nice with my wife and 3 daughters. We walked the Promenade des Anglais every day to and from our hotel that over looked the water and promenade directly in front of where the tragedy occurred. My wife told me that she tried to plan our trip so that we would be in Nice for the Bastille Day celebrations but it didn't work out. I don't believe in fate, and it really bothers me when people "thank god" for avoiding a tragedy. To me, that's very disrespectful to the people who didn't avoid it, as if god chose to spare me and my children but not them. I don't believe that for one instant. What kind of a god would do that?

I told my wife that if her and our daughters were run down, and I was left standing, I can't even imagine the pain. I'd rather not be living. I don't think I'm strong enough to survive that. That's the strange thing about life - death is hardest on the living. I feel so bad for those people who are in this position right now.

After I heard the news of this tragedy, I gave my wife and my kids a big hug, and I told them how much I love them, and how lucky we are to have each day together.

I hope this post make you all do the same with your loved ones.

This post has nothing to do with this thread except that when I typed the above I had just recently spent 3 days in Nice with my wife and 3 daughters. We walked the Promenade des Anglais every day to and from our hotel that over looked the water and promenade directly in front of where the tragedy occurred. My wife told me that she tried to plan our trip so that we would be in Nice for the Bastille Day celebrations but it didn't work out. I don't believe in fate, and it really bothers me when people "thank god" for avoiding a tragedy. To me, that's very disrespectful to the people who didn't avoid it, as if god chose to spare me and my children but not them. I don't believe that for one instant. What kind of a god would do that?

I told my wife that if her and our daughters were run down, and I was left standing, I can't even imagine the pain. I'd rather not be living. I don't think I'm strong enough to survive that. That's the strange thing about life - death is hardest on the living. I feel so bad for those people who are in this position right now.

After I heard the news of this tragedy, I gave my wife and my kids a big hug, and I told them how much I love them, and how lucky we are to have each day together.

I hope this post make you all do the same with your loved ones.
In the last year, I have visited almost all of the places you just visited. Shortly after I was in Kiev, the Russians came in. Shortly after I was in Paris, some x"{@$ did that thing. Just last month I was walking in Nice and have good memories. Now there is this angry truck driver.
I'm with you point for point. How to factor fate, luck, fear, pain, love, death?
My path? Carpe diem...seize every day as if it is your last. Love, hug ( and cry for those who can't)

In the last year, I have visited almost all of the places you just visited. Shortly after I was in Kiev, the Russians came in. Shortly after I was in Paris, some x"{@$ did that thing. Just last month I was walking in Nice and have good memories. Now there is this angry truck driver.
I'm with you point for point. How to factor fate, luck, fear, pain, love, death?
My path? Carpe diem...seize every day as if it is your last. Love, hug ( and cry for those who can't)
I see the common thread...