Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Derby Redcar and return - topping up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the not too distant future I need to drive from Derby to Redcar and then return. It's 135 miles each way and say 30 miles pottering around up there. I have an M3P and work on a "safe" max of 200 miles, maybe a bit more now it's warmer.

Even if I call in at Sheffield north bound on the M1, I still don't have enough for the onward 105 miles, local use and then return.

I may be missing something but I don't see a supercharger A1 north bound on this route or anywhere close? Anyone does this route regularly and can advise please? The missus has cottoned on and I'm getting the "I told you it was a bad idea" earache - nearly one year on and no charging issues so far. Bless her!

Any advice appreciated please (not about the missus!)

Cheers

In the not too distant future I need to drive from Derby to Redcar and then return. It's 135 miles each way and say 30 miles pottering around up there. I have an M3P and work on a "safe" max of 200 miles, maybe a bit more now it's warmer.

Even if I call in at Sheffield north bound on the M1, I still don't have enough for the onward 105 miles, local use and then return.

I may be missing something but I don't see a supercharger A1 north bound on this route or anywhere close? Anyone does this route regularly and can advise please? The missus has cottoned on and I'm getting the "I told you it was a bad idea" earache - nearly one year on and no charging issues so far. Bless her!

Any advice appreciated please (not about the missus!)

Cheers

Go Anywhere | Tesla

Edit:as above beaten to it!

Thanks folks. The Tesla tool is a bit pants but I'll investigate ABRP and third party chargers. For now the Scotch Corner detour will do. Hopefully they'll add some capacity up there soon.

Cheers

Just be aware that there aren't any facilities at the Scotch Corner supercharger. There are services on the other side of the roundabout so pop in there first if you need anything.