Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

DI.FM premium channels streaming with the native music player

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone!
I've created a small wrapper script which lets you stream all DI.FM premium channels (separate account required) in your car using the TuneIn section of the music player.

photo.jpg

Github repostiory:
No0ne/DI.FM-Tesla

Currently theres a small catch: you have to have a webserver running PHP where you can place a copy of the script and your playlist.
But I will check if there is a way to use one URL for everyone without logging premium keys.

Please try at your own risk!

Hi everyone!
I've created a small wrapper script which lets you stream all DI.FM premium channels (separate account required) in your car using the TuneIn section of the music player.

Currently theres a small catch: you have to have a webserver running PHP where you can place a copy of the script and your playlist.
But I will check if there is a way to use one URL for everyone without logging premium keys.

i haven't gotten a chance to look at your code yet, but could something like this theoretically be done with any other playlist / music source? the fact it won't play custom URLs in tune in is something that they're probably not going to fix, i reported it when i got my car two years ago...but if this works universally it wouldn't matter.

• Informative
Reactions: APotatoGod
Hi everyone!

photo.jpg

Github repostiory:
No0ne/DI.FM-Tesla

i can't get this to work. i keep getting "a stream conection error occurred" every time i try to load it in tune in. that plus when i log into my tunein account in the car, my favorites don't load.

Hi everyone!
I've created a small wrapper script which lets you stream all DI.FM premium channels (separate account required) in your car using the
TuneIn section of the music player.

Thanks for figuring this out! What's the correct way to add my URLs? Can you give a generic example of how to put in multiple stations? I downloaded my favorites list and it looks like this:

Code:
[playlist]
NumberOfEntries=12
File1=http://prem1.di.fm:80/chillstep?PRIVATEKEY
Title1=DI.FM - Chillstep
Length1=0
File2=http://prem1.di.fm:80/chillntropicalhouse?PRIVATEKEY
Title2=DI.FM - Chill & Tropical House
Length2=0
File3=http://prem1.di.fm:80/trance?PRIVATEKEY
Title3=DI.FM - Trance
Length3=0
Version=2

Which other sources have you tried?

the main one i'd been trying to get to work is KNX 1070 here in so cal. there are several streams online for it (a few of which are just redirects)...tried both the redirecting URL and the URL it redirects to. none of them worked...they show up on the car's touchscreen but won't load when pressed. it just gets the spinning wheel that just sits there forever until you decide to change inputs or stations...

i have a few ideas on this but i need time to figure it out. i'm guessing it has something to do with the fact that you can't open a session to a radio.com station by doing it this way, so it's sending a connection: close header instead of connection: keep-alive (that's really the only difference i saw between the streams that work, which is the DI.FM ones, and the ones that don't).

Just paste the playlist like this:

Hi everyone!

Thanks! Do you know if I need the latest 2020.24.6.1 for this to work? Mine loads TuneIn favorites (stations that are part of TuneIn) but none of the custom URL favorites show up. I can access the PHP from a desktop browser fine.

i can't get this to work. i keep getting "a stream conection error occurred" every time i try to load it in tune in. that plus when i log into my tunein account in the car, my favorites don't load.

How did you fix the error? I have the same problem. Is a premium TuneIn account required?

I'm running this on 2020.20.12. If you would like me debugging this please send a PM with your script URL.

Thanks, I'm on the same software, let me see what above poster did to fix it before I bug you about it.

That was when I tried to load it on my phone. It worked on the actual car.

I tried a few times-loaded the station (the PHP page) on the app, and got the favorites station to show up on TuneIn in Tesla, but if I click it I get an error: "Unable to reach TuneIn, try again". Did you ever run into this?

So when I added custom URL on the phone, and then add it to favorites, I have to name it, like "difm". When you load TuneIn > Favorites in Tesla UI, do you get all the DI.fm stations, or do you get the difm text that you click to get you to all the DI.fm stations?

interesting. how'd you figure that out?
He tried to use cURL to access my page and could not, even though I could load it in a browser. I uploaded to a different hoster and it worked :) I am trying to see if I can make my own icecast stream(s) to shuffle my own playlists, but I'm not a pro with Linux but I always run into weird errors when installing/building so I don't think I'll reach that goal.

@TheNoOne you've made my commutes and drives 10x better :) I got tired of these same old stuff playing on Slacker/Spotify.

Reactions: TheNoOne
He tried to use cURL to access my page and could not, even though I could load it in a browser. I uploaded to a different hoster and it worked :) I am trying to see if I can make my own icecast stream(s) to shuffle my own playlists, but I'm not a pro with Linux but I always run into weird errors when installing/building so I don't think I'll reach that goal.

@TheNoOne you've made my commutes and drives 10x better :) I got tired of these same old stuff playing on Slacker/Spotify.

interesting...i'll have to mess around with that and see if it resolves my issue where other sources wouldn't load.

has anyone had any success getting their own personal account favorites to actually show up in the car consistently? in order for me to get mine to come up, i have to pick a station and tap the star, then go back to favorites...then the list shows up. until i do that though, my favorites list is empty and all i have is the option to sign out...

TuneIn is really buggy, the favorites in the car show up after some time but you can force it by doing the workaround you described. On the TuneIn website and iOS app you currently can't delete custom URLs, it only works in the Android app (also you can't delete any folders). :confused:

Fortunately if you have selected every entry in your playlist once, you can use the "recently played" list of the car, that works fine (although the buffering periode after a channel switch is a bit long, but still nicer than always starting the di.fm phone app)!

Last edited: