Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did I get FSD or not?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SOULPEDL

Cyber-Bandit is Ready!
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2016
Arizona
Referral Code
Back in Apr 2018, I'm almost certain that we ordered EAP + FSD for our Model 3, but it doesn't show online today. I'm wondering if the names of things have changed or something? I haven't dug up my copies yet, but where did FSD go? Did I overlook this. (I need Enhanced Summon!).
EAP.png

I just went through my eMails and they confirmed it was added, with new financing amounts, but what I signed was the outdated version... they never updated the contract. Surprise, I don't have it!

Someone had better finance the original $3K as promised. That's really nasty... I've been talking about this for years as though I had it.

What does it say on your account? It should show FSD if you have it. The quote you posted may have been generated before they added FSD. You need to look at the final invoice to see if it was added. But if you only paid $5K for EAP that did not include FSD. You paid exactly the same as we did for our first Model 3. We added FSD in March when it went on sale for $2K.

No. You have EAP only. The upgrade for EAP owners is now $3K.

That was the original price, lol. So it made its way up to $5K (or 4), and now on sale again?

I replied to the Sales eMail asking what's up? I swear it was there online at one time, they probably were missing $3K and found that I underpaid and so updated the online stuff. This really sucks.

Here's the letter confirming that I added it with the new Total including FSD. They clearly dropped the ball. Hope Ashley is still at her desk...

Technically, we clearly did not have a "meeting of the minds" at the moment that I signed (and until today). So I should be able to return the car (won't happen, but bet I legally could).

9-4-2019 12-40-44 PM.png

So it looks like you asked them to add FSD, which would have increased the price from $57,500 to $60,500. But which amount did you actually get charged for?

If it was only $57,500 there’s really no harm since it’s still the same $3K additional to upgrade to FSD as it was when you first purchased the vehicle. The only difference is you have to pay up front rather than having it built into your monthly payment.

Not sure if this is helpful since my LR AWD was ordered on 6/26/18 (and closed five months after you), but here's my MVPA below along with the Final Price Sheet info. I basically have the same car options but at 325 mile range you must have RWD and not sure what the price difference between the two was then. At 62K configured I'm 1,500K more than what you are showing for Vehicle Configured pricing.

Do you have your final documents to review? I'd go over them closely to see how the numbers ended up where they were. We looked over my Agreement pretty well when we were signing at delivery to make sure all the numbers matched what I had ordered back in June. If you paid for FSD back then, it should show up in on your Tesla Account under Manage under Vehicle Details also. I didn't initially order FSD and mine only shows EAP. Without seeing the numbers I have to say it kind of sounds like you never paid for FSD back then which was $3K (total for EAP and FSD was 8K) and if not it really was up to you to ask questions about the contract pricing and what was listed before signing at delivery.

6-26-18 purchase AWD LR - 1.jpg 6-26-18 purchase AWD LR_2 - 1.jpg

Looking only at your MVPA list, it's worded differently than mine, but I'm thinking the 9K for LR battery plus the 5K for premium upgrades (the interior color plus premium package sound etc) totals $14K compared to my $18K, and the difference there would be $4K for my AWD as oppose to the cost of the RWD. Believe FSD would have been listed under EAP on the MVPA vehicle config form.

With EAP already purchased, FSD is still $3 as someone pointed out. Elon has said he is holding off increasing it until the new software comes out giving FSD more features. If that V10 then it's expected to come out pretty soon.

BTW back on 6/24/18 when I ordered the RWD option was $49K and AWD was $53 ($4K difference).

Last edited:
So it looks like you asked them to add FSD, which would have increased the price from $57,500 to $60,500. But which amount did you actually get charged for?

If it was only $57,500 there’s really no harm since it’s still the same $3K additional to upgrade to FSD as it was when you first purchased the vehicle. The only difference is you have to pay up front rather than having it built into your monthly payment.

Exactly what happened, I paid the lesser amount because they didn't update the contract in time (assuming).

Salesperson just told me that it shows on his Salesforce screen, and suggested I hunt down the NDPA for what I signed.

But since the Financed amounts match what I received (AFAIK), they are telling me to go throw it on a Visa or come up with the cash for the upgrade. I have a problem with this - I don't like their proposal. Money has time value. How can I escalate this, on principle at least?

Not sure if this is helpful since my LR AWD was ordered on 6/26/18 (and closed five months after you), but here's my MVPA below along with the Final Price Sheet info. I basically have the same car options but at 325 mile range you must have RWD and not sure what the price difference between the two was then. At 62K configured I'm 1,500K more than what you are showing for Vehicle Configured pricing. Do you have your final documents to review? I'd go over them closely to see how the numbers ended up where they were. We looked over my Agreement pretty well when we were signing at delivery to make sure all the numbers matched what I had ordered back in June. If you paid for FSD back then, it should show up in on your Tesla Account under Manage under Vehicle Details also. I didn't initially order FSD and mine only shows EAP. Without seeing the numbers I have to say it kind of sounds like you never paid for FSD back then which was $3K (total for EAP and FSD was 8K).

View attachment 450491 View attachment 450494

Interesting. You have the car I wanted (AWD) but I bought early wanting the full tax credit (delivery times were rumored very long unless you lived in Ca).

All the better though... I'd wear both sets of tires bald, and 2 motors would have to be really hard on the battery here in Phx Az. It's in the garage day and night, but it gets 100F-105F on a rare peak just sitting there. Range is affected in the summer months. I'm at 307 range now with 12K mi on it, so slightly below average decline.

(... but I'd still love to have AWD for the shear joy. Maybe next one, or a P3)

Reactions: SMAlset
Exactly what happened, I paid the lesser amount because they didn't update the contract in time (assuming).

Salesperson just told me that it shows on his Salesforce screen, and suggested I hunt down the NDPA for what I signed.

But since the Financed amounts match what I received (AFAIK), they are telling me to go throw it on a Visa or come up with the cash for the upgrade. I have a problem with this - I don't like their proposal. Money has time value. How can I escalate this, on principle at least?

I don’t think you’ve been damaged here. Had they added it into your loan you would have paid interest on the additional $3K for the past 16 months but you would not have received any actual benefit because FSD still does not exist. In theory you were to receive a discount for purchasing it at delivery and the post delivery price was supposed to be higher but the price has come down since then. So if you were to buy it today you get it for the same price but the $3K you did not spend got to earn interest in your savings account.

I don’t think you’ve been damaged here. Had they added it into your loan you would have paid interest on the additional $3K for the past 16 months but you would not have received any actual benefit because FSD still does not exist. In theory you were to receive a discount for purchasing it at delivery and the post delivery price was supposed to be higher but the price has come down since then. So if you were to buy it today you get it for the same price but the $3K you did not spend got to earn interest in your savings account.

Good point. Bummer. And it's going to go up here shortly! Like maybe end of Q3.

... But since the Financed amounts match what I received (AFAIK), they are telling me to go throw it on a Visa or come up with the cash for the upgrade. I have a problem with this - I don't like their proposal. Money has time value. How can I escalate this, on principle at least?

Time value of money doesn't really come into this since you'd have been paying interest on the $3K. I can understand that you weren't planning to spend $3K out of pocket, but short of having your loan refinanced with the $3K added, I don't see how anyone can fix it at this late date. I havve trouble seeing this as a matter of principle since the time to push back on this was when the paperwork was wrong at delivery. Even if you weren't clear on the terminology, you know you were paying the wrong price.

OMG, this from Finance showing FSD. And per our Chase loan, it appears that we're paying for it.
I think I'll set a service appt so by the time they figure it out...
Config Tesla.png

When asked how I can add it... lol.

Headlines:
"The features (FSD) are not yet available." according to Tesla.
9-4-2019 3-01-17 PM.png

Reactions: SMAlset
OMG, this from Finance showing FSD. And per our Chase loan, it appears that we're paying for it.
I think I'll set a service appt so by the time they figure it out... View attachment 450528

When asked how I can add it... lol.

Headlines:
"The features (FSD) are not yet available." according to Tesla.
View attachment 450529

What a mess. And a clueless guy from credit too.

But how are you determing if you have FSD? There are no FSD features available beyond what you already have with EAP so the only way to know if Tesla thinks you purchased FSD is to look it up on the “manage” section of your account. What does it say there?