Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did Tesla forget my order?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe it's me getting jealous with all you guys getting calls and getting your M3s. Or me being impatient but isn't it first come first serve? I called a Tesla agent and asked if they deliver the cars based on reservation or configuration and he said it was when you put down the $2500. I know some got lucky and got their cars early because their configuration matched whatever they stockpiled before July 1. But those should be gone by now so why am I not getting a call when I configured June 27 for a Red RWD? I have read of people ordering in July and have delivery dates already. pls tell me I'm not the only one waiting who configured in June. I need someone to sit with me in my corner while the popular guys with M3s are in the popular table :(

I see you are located in Loma Linda, I think you are just at the mercy of batching. Red is probably popular so more people are in front of you for it? Did you get RWD with sport? Cause sport wheels seem to have a longer wait. Hang in there...it will be soon!

Hard to believe that it's based on the $2500 deposit date, since mine is in April and I haven't moved one bit.

EDIT: Might make more sense to base it off of the AWD/P availability order date (June 27), but still.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: P85_DA
I see you are located in Loma Linda, I think you are just at the mercy of batching. Red is probably popular so more people are in front of you for it? Did you get RWD with sport? Cause sport wheels seem to have a longer wait. Hang in there...it will be soon!

Hey @rich89! no i ordered Aero. did you get yours already? do you mind telling me what specs u got? and can you explain what you mean by batching? sorry not familiar with how this works

Your location plays a factor, also batching means Tesla produce the cars in batches of specific color, interior, and trim. So if you happen to have ordered the correct combination that they just produced hundreds of, and you are located where they are shipping them off to, then you're in luck.

For an example, people who have gotten the Performance Model 3's early all were red with white interior. So those that ordered a different color combination had to wait longer.

• Informative
Reactions: Abnoidz
For an example, people who have gotten the Performance Model 3's early all were red with white interior.
Tesla had initially built a batch of that configuration to send to showrooms for test drive units....and then, reportedly, changed plans when a bunch of orders for them came in and instead of sending them out sold most of them.

You’re kidding yourself if you don’t think reservation date matters at all. Buckle up buttercup, some of us have been waiting years for this thing...

Well I hope you get yours very soon. waiting sucks and i can just imagine the agony of waiting for years. I hope you get yours tomorrow so I can get mine next week. for now *click* im all buckled up coz you know safety first!

i think color plays a factor. i had originally ordered red, changed my mind and switched it to blue... edit button disappeared and had a VIN the next day...

For context:
4/1/16 deposit
6/27/18 order date, changed 7/30 to blue
AWD non-P, EAP

Reactions: AnarchyEOD
Maybe it's me getting jealous with all you guys getting calls and getting your M3s. Or me being impatient but isn't it first come first serve? I called a Tesla agent and asked if they deliver the cars based on reservation or configuration and he said it was when you put down the $2500. I know some got lucky and got their cars early because their configuration matched whatever they stockpiled before July 1. But those should be gone by now so why am I not getting a call when I configured June 27 for a Red RWD? I have read of people ordering in July and have delivery dates already. pls tell me I'm not the only one waiting who configured in June. I need someone to sit with me in my corner while the popular guys with M3s are in the popular table :(
i've got the same config and am still waiting.

We reserved before reveal 3/31/16 and ordered 6/26/18.
our config:

Orig Roadster owner (VIN#1256)

Silver Metallic
Black Interior
LR AWD
PUP
18's Aero
EAP
FSD

Not a peep. Not even any crickets.

I don’t think silver metallic is as popular a color choice so sure it’s not produced as often and only when they have enough orders batch with a similar config to run the paint shop for it. We put down our $2500 deposit on 6/26 also and got our call this past Friday, but I think the Pearl White is up there on the popular color choice list.