Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did they remove the ability to make a service appointment?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Called the local number. Pressed the number for sales. Immediately I got a person who was able to connect me to someone in service. After trying every other button for service and anything else for 10 minutes and it kept telling me to use the app/chat online. Attempted to chat online -- I think this button/feature was also accidentally deleted because there is no chat!.... I was about to give up.... Really stinks if you don't live close to one and can't stop by without a 1 - 1.5 hr drive.

So the SC squeezed me in today for my 12V replacement. I asked if they could schedule another appointment for a different issue. The rep said “don’t worry about it, the app will be fixed in a few days so you can make it from there”. Okay...

Public service announcement. :) Looks like the ability to schedule appointments has returned for me after disappearing for a few weeks.

Thanks for the head up. I just looked at my app and the "Schedule Service" option is back for me as well!

However it is still missing from my account on the Tesla.com site.

EDIT: I just clicked on the "Schedule Service" option on the app and got an error message:
SORRY! A critical server error was encountered, either try again or go back. Contact your administrator for more information.

So - I guess I still don't have the ability to schedule service... :(

Edit again: I guess I just needed to be patient. It is working now....

Last edited:
Yes, back for me too.

Two days ago I called general customer service (waited 30min) and I explained to them this issue, also my account did not have the right info on my car (still missing some things like it says NO premium and NO performance which is not true), and also that the add app access to 2nd contact wasn't there. The rep said he would notify IT.

Seems like it was my doing ;)

Now... if they could only fix my music streaming remotely. I've tried hard reboot several times. No success.

EDIT: So wife and I have access to both cars in two different accounts. I see the schedule service on my account but not the schedule service on her account. I see 'schedule service' on both accounts for the model 3. Odd.

Last edited:
it's back for me this morning also but something new isn't working for me. My referral link doesn't not work. When you click on it, there is no option to order any model. only show how much CO2 is Tesla saving the earth. I don't see the Loot Box icon in the app either.

Last edited:
On Friday I was able to plan a service. I am lucky that I did it, today the button is gone again.
On my iOS and on the website.
Tesla, we know that you are not a car manufacturer, but software was ok so far. Well I don’t need farts, or other game stuff, but a better route planner. It seems that you have also lost your software skills....

To bad!

They aren’t removing anything, it’s a bug some people are having for whatever reasons. As has been said, I’d call support to get on record that you have the issue and then call your service center using the ‘check my car that is in for service’ option to make an appointment. (Since there appears to be no other way to call the SC.)

Reactions: jerry33
Happening here to. I have two Model S, it randomly disappears per vehicle. I had to schedule service for one of my cars, but the button wasn't there.

I fixed it by playing around a bit with URLs in "My Tesla" on my laptop.