TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Did they run out of MSM paint?

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by jtpassat, May 4, 2018.

1. jtpassat

jtpassat Member

Looking at the color and wheel site - MSM seems to be the consistent color that they have a significant backlog on. What's up with that? Elon call PPG and order more MSM paint!

Tesla Model 3 Invites - Color and Wheel

• Informative x 1
  2. NoTDI

NoTDI Member

3/22 configure and still no VIN
    MSM
    EAP

3. apacheguy

apacheguy S Sig #255

Yikes! This makes me nervous.

You should seriously escalate that and demand to know what’s going on.

4. NoTDI

NoTDI Member

I have called several times and talk to front line folks and they just say I have to wait
    What else can I do?

5. jtpassat

jtpassat Member

nothing - you and everyone else's mom is calling them to get a status.

• Like x 1
  6. Zaphod

Zaphod Galaxy President (former)

seems to be more combination of MSM and aero wheels being the worst. MSM with sport wheels do not seem any different than rest of the colors.

7. Gheldean

Gheldean Member

Well, they have *SOME* MSM paint, they did get a bunch out to the people in WA losing their rebates. (also waiting on my MSM/Aero configured on 4/7)

8. kengchang

kengchang Active Member

Buy some Behr paint from Home Depot and ship it to Fremont factory /s

• Like x 1
  9. Dogwhistle

Dogwhistle Member

Looks like they’re sending all the MSMs to Canada now!

• Like x 1
  10. SDKoala

SDKoala Model 3 LR RWD

MSM/Aero is my combination and every other color from my configuration date got VINs assigned first. Maybe it's just the production cycle and MSM happens to be the last one every time. I took delivery 7-8 weeks after configuration.

11. m4eyyz

m4eyyz Member

Yep - got the VIN yesterday 289xx.
    MSM Aeros to Toronto

• Like x 1
  12. GoingVerde

GoingVerde Member

^ when did you configure?

13. TaoJones

TaoJones Beyond Driven

I traded in my last S and they were still out of stock for the MSM paint. I ordered it in month 3.

14. apacheguy

apacheguy S Sig #255

That’s really disappointing. IMO, you have an axe to grind. You have waited much longer than practically everyone else. They should assure you that they are giving your build priority at the very least.

15. parkds_nyc

parkds_nyc Member

It is odd that there are a few random MSM’s with 19” on the spreadsheet from before 4/12 that are still waiting for VINs. Unfortunately I am also one of them: configured 4/3.

16. jtpassat

jtpassat Member

Makes you wish you chose any other color. Besides black.

17. NoTDI

NoTDI Member

They really don’t seem to to be very concerned. They say 3-6 weeks is an estimate and they are working very hard to find me a car. When I tell them I already had a VIN and why was it taken away they say that VIN did not give me the quickest delivery. When I say why are people configuring their cars weeks after me getting their cars delivered and I don’t even have a VIN they say we are searching for a car with quickest delivery with exact specs I want which bull because all these cars are the same. When I said I want to cancel and get my money back they say you can cancel but you don’t get your money back.

18. mathewajith

mathewajith New Member

I feel the pain too configured 4/1 MSM/ aeros and still nothing. I took my trade in option down a couple of weeks ago, hoping that would shift the wait time, but so far no luck.

19. Justaguy

Justaguy New Member

Non-owner, pre-ordered online before reveal, invite 3/22, conf 4/1, MSM/18/EAP, still no VIN. Disappointed to see people who acted on all accounts after me getting their cars rapidly delivered. A bit of me understands the WA push, but the value of my trade-in decreases by approx. $10-15/day which I'm sure is true with a lot of people waiting. I can't wait for this car, but the background data indications definitely make me feel like my business is second class even though I'm paying the same as everyone else.

20. shrspeedblade

shrspeedblade Rideshare Monkey

If you do a search there is a thread from over a year ago from a Model X owner that really needs to be sticky. Basic summary is don’t put too much stock in estimates, it won’t always be fair, and in the end it will be worth it.

Good advice to heed right now.

• Like x 1