Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Diono Radian RXT & Clek Foonf Owners - Feedback

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone find a high back booster that is narrow enough to allow kids to easily buckle themselves? Or easier for adults to buckle?

I finally broke down and have allowed my kids in the car, but it is such a chore to buckle the seatbelt. Every.Single.Time.

My 6-year-old can buckle his Clek Oobr most of the time. That being said, it's apparently common that Tesla owners add a little extender to the receiver part to make it stick out further for easier access.

I have a clek. I've tried it in the middle with the latch and found it a bit wobbly since the middle is raise. It's more wobbly than in my Corolla. But my passenger seat up against it kept it stable. When in any of the other back seats, it was perfectly stable. However, If you have a front seat right up against the rear facing clek, I've found the clek to scratch the plastic part behind the font seat. As far as passengers sitting around, I've found the base is fine since it's narrower there but if your passengers have a wide frame, they might be resting their arms on the car seat as the upper part widens right where my arms would want to rest. I have not tried front facing but I think that would feel even tighter since the widest area goes all the way up to the shoulders.

All in all, I'm really happy with my clek and bought it similarly for the narrower width as I drive other passengers for longer drive vacations. So it's me with my wife in the back, baby in the middle, friend (wife) in the back, friend (husband) in the front and their dog in the middle floor. If you are in the position to have 3 kids that all need rear/front facing it's a no brainer to get something narrower.

Which Clek model? I've been considering using the middle but it doesn't have the Isofix.

Man I'm so glad I've passed this phase of life with my kids. Of course, now they both want to borrow it when they are going somewhere. Not sure what is worse.

For those of you with young children, enjoy them while you can.

Keith
I guess a plus side would be people won't be breaking the rear window to gain access to the trunk. Seems like a common method for thieves.

I did use the angle adjuster. It helped with letting a passenger sit in the front seat properly, without it the seat is really far forward.

I just really didn't like the reduced visibility out of the rear door window. It was almost nothing with the seat installed.

FYI, I use a GB Pockit+ stroller in my Model 3. It takes up half the frunk. In my CUV, I keep a full size stroller in there.

Good to know. Is there any rear facing convertible seat which allows for good visibility in the 3? I will be using a Mesa infant seat initially followed by the convertible.

I just recently switched the Radian RXT from rear facing in the center seat to forward facing in the center seat. It works fine, but due to the width of the top part of the seat, it makes it for an almost impossible shoulder squeeze for any average size adults in the back seat, so it makes the rear seats mostly useless for adults. If you want some usable adult seating in the back seat along with the car seat, you will probably have to put it on one of the side seats.

How do you deal with the top of the seat digging into the headrest?

I just recently switched the Radian RXT from rear facing in the center seat to forward facing in the center seat. It works fine, but due to the width of the top part of the seat, it makes it for an almost impossible shoulder squeeze for any average size adults in the back seat, so it makes the rear seats mostly useless for adults. If you want some usable adult seating in the back seat along with the car seat, you will probably have to put it on one of the side seats.

I used the Uppababy Mesa and the Diono RXT, worked well for both in our X. In our M3 we have another Diono but haven't tried rear facing in that set up. Be careful with rear facing the Diono, it has some sharp edges on the back, while resting against the back of my driver's seat it left a permanent indent into the head rest. Would place some sort of material there to prevent it if you find the seat touching the back of the carseat.

In the 3 the set up you won't have any room for the middle seat, although I did have a friend who wanted to check out our M3 and actually squeezed into and got his seatbelt on.

Duh just saw this, sometimes I don't bother to read through every threat. Looks like someone mentioned it already. You can place a sticky wool pad (the type to place on chair feet) over the area that sticks out, or duck tape and any sort of soft material that will cushion the plastic would work as well.

In which configuration? In the center seat I didn't really have any problem with it against any of the headrests. I do have a thin mat underneath it to try to prevent indents into the car seat cushions, so it probably lifts it slightly away from the seats. Taking a look at it right now there are some slight indents from the top strap, but it doesn't look like anything that wouldn't come out with a little bit of hairdryer + rubbing + time.