Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Diono Radian RXT & Clek Foonf Owners - Feedback

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All,

With my Model 3 order in, I'm starting to look at car seat options. I'm eyeing the Diono Radian RXT (or even the Rainer) as well as the Clek Foonf. I would ideally like to keep it in the center seat in the rear for maximum safety and to accommodate rear passengers.

Looking to hear some feedback from people who have either of these seats installed. How do you find the fit of them? With both of them around 17" width, did that make a significant difference space wise?

This would be my first time purchasing a convertible car seat and safety is top priority. I appreciate any feedback.

Cheers!

Thank you very much! Looks like there is some info in there for the Diono seats.
I have two diono radians in our back seat do the model 3. We have them on the outsides though so they kids can’t fight with each other.
image.jpg

image.jpg

I had the Radian RXT installed in the rear facing config on the rear passenger side seat. It almost fully obscured my rear passenger window. I ended up moving that seat into my CUV and using a Graco 4 Ever seat in the Model 3.

Did you use an angle adjuster for the radian rxt and did it help? Figuring out which infant seat/ convertible and stroller to get for our first. Want it to be able to fit in both a 3 and X.

Anyone find a high back booster that is narrow enough to allow kids to easily buckle themselves? Or easier for adults to buckle?

I finally broke down and have allowed my kids in the car, but it is such a chore to buckle the seatbelt. Every.Single.Time.

• Funny
Reactions: Runnergirl
Did you use an angle adjuster for the radian rxt and did it help? Figuring out which infant seat/ convertible and stroller to get for our first. Want it to be able to fit in both a 3 and X.

I did use the angle adjuster. It helped with letting a passenger sit in the front seat properly, without it the seat is really far forward.

I just really didn't like the reduced visibility out of the rear door window. It was almost nothing with the seat installed.

FYI, I use a GB Pockit+ stroller in my Model 3. It takes up half the frunk. In my CUV, I keep a full size stroller in there.

I've got an RXT, alebit in the side not the middle. Fits great. I definitely love Diono and the Radian. I bought my wife the most expensive Britax for her Volvo and while at first it looks so nice and expensive, it's a total nightmare to clean. The Radian is simple and effective, I also think it looks the best and least bulky.

I have a clek. I've tried it in the middle with the latch and found it a bit wobbly since the middle is raise. It's more wobbly than in my Corolla. But my passenger seat up against it kept it stable. When in any of the other back seats, it was perfectly stable. However, If you have a front seat right up against the rear facing clek, I've found the clek to scratch the plastic part behind the font seat. As far as passengers sitting around, I've found the base is fine since it's narrower there but if your passengers have a wide frame, they might be resting their arms on the car seat as the upper part widens right where my arms would want to rest. I have not tried front facing but I think that would feel even tighter since the widest area goes all the way up to the shoulders.

All in all, I'm really happy with my clek and bought it similarly for the narrower width as I drive other passengers for longer drive vacations. So it's me with my wife in the back, baby in the middle, friend (wife) in the back, friend (husband) in the front and their dog in the middle floor. If you are in the position to have 3 kids that all need rear/front facing it's a no brainer to get something narrower.