Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Disappointed in Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Very sorry you are experiencing this. I have one thought that might help you if you are able to escalate to a senior manager. A previous employer schooled me in what constitutes a "correct sales transaction," vs one which violates Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX). I'm not a CPA, but from what I recall from my previous experience, your sale is flawed, and could be a big problem for Tesla. I think there is a little lee-way in the time a project has to complete/you take delivery, but not much. I would think their CFO would want to not only get this addressed for you, but also get in front of this before it becomes a bigger problem.

Like you and many others, I want Tesla to succeed. They need to do that by staying on the right path.

Good Luck.

Reactions: srthomas21
Alright guys, thanks for all the comments and suggestions on this. I'm going to chill out until my car gets here and I'll post an update with resolution.

Good luck! Going up the chain doesn't have to be about getting anyone in trouble or making a stink, it can simply be about ensuring you know what's going on and ensuring they know where the gaps exist in their current processes. As they move to scale, especially with the Model 3, any small issues will become greatly magnified. If they care enough about the customer experience then they are very interested in working through these problems now rather than dealing with them 100x magnified later.

My DS in Marietta (GA) said company is trying to ship by rail as much as possible because vehicles get much less shipping damage that way... but it can mean 20 days to ship (to east coast) -and they are hostage to rail schedules - rail shipping usually gets congested when economy is perking along (as it is now) - so it could be logistics; on the other hand does "finished production" mean it is also done with all QC checks?

On a different note, I got a VIN assigned for new (MS) order over a week ago, and still no delivery date... is that normal?
Nice to see someone from GA too. I'm ready to order one next week and want to know when did you placed your order and when is the estimated delivery date.

So I talked to one of the Vice Presidents of Sales at Tesla today. Wasn't able to really tell me why the car was delayed but did clear up a few miscommunications for me and listened to my concerns. Promised me my car would be delivered this Friday. Then I got a call from a regional sales manager who said she would make sure everything went smooth from here on out and work with my DS.

It did sound like they had a huge push end of Q1 to try and meet their delivery goals and I'm pretty sure that's why I don't have my car yet as it caused a backlog with shipping.

Anyway, I feel like Tesla listened at least and I will get a free Annual service as well. They do need to really work out some of these issues before they start producing 200K cars a year. I hope they can work on their internal communication to provide a better experience for customers going forward. Only two more days and I can start enjoying the car rather than stress out about it.

Thanks for all those here who helped out. This is a great community.

I feel so relieved for you. As you said, the delay may not be a big deal in the grand scheme of things and you can understand it if they explained a bit. But the lack of communication and accountability was horrible.

You probably still have to wait till you actually get the car before celebrating, but better news for now.

Wow, what an amazing piece of technology this car is. It was worth the wait. My 5 and 7 year old girls were screaming uncontrollably when I punched it. The Auto Pilot is amazing. Someone yelled "I LOVE YOUR CAR" as I was driving around the neighborhood. Pictures soon to come. I have the Tesla Grin right now :)
I'm glad this ended well. Have fun and try not to get a ticket. 65 turns into 95 pretty quick, and pretty easy.

All of this just so they didn't have to say "due to an large amount of vehicles being shipped we are currently experiencing a longer wait time from what we had expected". People like the truth way more than some round about answer with no content.

Saying you have no idea what the problem is makes the people at Tesla frankly sound like fools.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

All of this just so they didn't have to say "due to an large amount of vehicles being shipped we are currently experiencing a longer wait time from what we had expected". People like the truth way more than some round about answer with no content.

Saying you have no idea what the problem is makes the people at Tesla frankly sound like fools.

I agree completely. If logistics in Fremont would have simple told my DS they were backed up I could accept it. Hopefully they can improve internal communications. The car is awesome. Everything I thought it would be and more. Pics above.

My DS in Marietta (GA) said company is trying to ship by rail as much as possible because vehicles get much less shipping damage that way... but it can mean 20 days to ship (to east coast) -and they are hostage to rail schedules - rail shipping usually gets congested when economy is perking along (as it is now) - so it could be logistics; on the other hand does "finished production" mean it is also done with all QC checks?

On a different note, I got a VIN assigned for new (MS) order over a week ago, and still no delivery date... is that normal?

Who's your DS? I am also picking up at Marietta

I'm glad this ended well. Have fun and try not to get a ticket. 65 turns into 95 pretty quick, and pretty easy.

Autopilot should help here. I noticed while driving Nissan Leaf that you have to keep one eye glued to the speedometer. Actually got a ticket driving it - you can easily lose track of speed due to EV quietness. Now I put in a radar detector. Constantly watching speedometer is a driving distraction & safety issue just by itself.

Reactions: Camera-Cruiser
View attachment 171443 View attachment 171441

I agree completely. If logistics in Fremont would have simple told my DS they were backed up I could accept it. Hopefully they can improve internal communications. The car is awesome. Everything I thought it would be and more. Pics above.
Nice wheels. I see you didn't waste any time! You also got my favorite color. My next Tesla, is going that direction.