Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Disappointed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
seems like there is a need for an intermediate company to help us deal with tesla.

(more than half serious)

a few posts on the forum have shown that owners are too emotional at purchase/pickup time and they often are rushed or don't have proper light or, are just too excited and not paying full attention. understandable.

so, we need someone else to inspect the cars (sigh) - and it would actually be more useful to NOT have the owner in the loop while this is happening. if a company can front-end all this messy crap for the buyer, I wonder if people would go this route?

and after a few inspections by the 'pros', the pros will have it down to a science, take good docs/photos and tesla will be kept honest, more.

better yet, we could get stats from those companies to see how tesla is doing.

VERY SAD to have to say this, but tesla needs to be 'managed' at this point.

there's an old joke about dealing with salesman; it does "after you shake hands with that guy, you better count your fingers". tesla is getting (has gotton) to that point ;(

I might schedule another service appointment at another service center and see i got better luck there.

Maybe try the Berkeley SC? They took care of my Y pretty well when I took it in after delivery.

From what I've been reading about Dublin SC, their service isn't good. I was supposed to have an appointment there today to fix my supercharger module since they had the earliest appt available but after what I read about the SC and it's quite a drive for me, I decided to change it to Berkeley SC for next Wednesday.

Sorry you had to go through that. That touch up is no bueno.

Maybe try the Berkeley SC? They took care of my Y pretty well when I took it in after delivery.

From what I've been reading about Dublin SC, their service isn't good. I was supposed to have an appointment there today to fix my supercharger module since they had the earliest appt available but after what I read about the SC and it's quite a drive for me, I decided to change it to Berkeley SC for next Wednesday.

Sorry you had to go through that. That touch up is no bueno.
Thanks for the info, was original thinking about Fremont but since you recommended Berkeley I will give it a try.

Best thing for anyone to do is thoroughly inspect the vehicle BEFORE accepting delivery. Make sure to note anything and everything you see with the delivery person. Then if it is all acceptable to you, and they say they will fix what you have pointed out, accept delivery at that time.

It's my understanding from what I have read in many places: you must accept delivery BEFORE they will allow you to get inside. So you can't inspect the inside before accepting the delivery. I pick up tomorrow morning at 1030...

It's my understanding from what I have read in many places: you must accept delivery BEFORE they will allow you to get inside.

I would escalate that, as it is completely unreasonable to accept goods without an inspection. Arguably, Tesla is waiving its rights to deny warranty or remediation to anyone discovering defects while inspecting the inside after "accepting" delivery.

These kinds of inconsistent practices are indeed a weak area of Tesla's business practices.

I have the same complain with Tesla that you can inspect the interior only after you accept delivery. Tesla says it is the covid-19 policy to minimize the spread of the virus. I think is just BS. In a time like this, it is Tesla responsibility to do take steps to keep the public safe and makes good products and delivers good service to customers. How much trouble it is to let a customer inspect the interior before accepting the delivery? if the product is good, customer will accept it after inspection. If not, Tesla just has someone to clean up the car and offer it to the next customer who may be willing to take it. Tesla does clean up the car after each test drive now.

seems like there is a need for an intermediate company to help us deal with tesla.

(more than half serious)

a few posts on the forum have shown that owners are too emotional at purchase/pickup time and they often are rushed or don't have proper light or, are just too excited and not paying full attention. understandable.

so, we need someone else to inspect the cars (sigh) - and it would actually be more useful to NOT have the owner in the loop while this is happening. if a company can front-end all this messy crap for the buyer, I wonder if people would go this route?

and after a few inspections by the 'pros', the pros will have it down to a science, take good docs/photos and tesla will be kept honest, more.

better yet, we could get stats from those companies to see how tesla is doing.

VERY SAD to have to say this, but tesla needs to be 'managed' at this point.

there's an old joke about dealing with salesman; it does "after you shake hands with that guy, you better count your fingers". tesla is getting (has gotton) to that point ;(

We're thinking alike. I decided to ask a friend of mine to come with me to do the inspection. He's a definite car guy and knows his way around body work and mechanical issues. I better understand the technology. He's going to use a checklist and do the exterior inspection while I do the paperwork. He'll then go over the interior while I ensure connectivity and the technology works. He's been reading this forum and has a good sense now of what would be acceptable - meaning fixable - and what isn't. I've pretty much decided that if he says to walk away I will. My life is busy and complicated enough without really troublesome issues. We're schedule for pickup this Sunday afternoon. We're both wishing for the best but...

I'm going run your comments by him after we're finished with my MY to see if he thinks its a viable business. Thanks for your thoughts. (I'm definitely more than half serious)

let us know how it goes.

its not a comment about the owners; its natural to be excited about your car. I think about it like when I was a kid and I wanted something and my father said 'no' if it was not right, at the time. I really wanted the thing, but there had to be an adult around to listen to reason ;) that would be the non-owner, who can be detached and its not going to be his car, he has no 'dog' in the fight and can be more neutral.

when I was into bmw's (sorry; I did get over it, lol) there was an 'ombudsman' who could help iron out some issues between the owner and the dealership/company.

hope this does not turn people off from the idea - but I can also think of it as a 'union for owners', to keep some balance of power against an increasingly uncaring company (that would be tesla). you guys have to admit, tesla holds all the cards, here. that's not fair and it does not look like this is going to self-fix, as tesla gets bigger.

I do like my m3 (the tesla one, not the bmw) but I don't think I'm going to be in a hurry to buy another, given the trajectory of how the company is acting over the last year or so.

I've said this before - elon should go. he did his thing, but his attitude is not in line with customer service and that's the one thing that tesla completely fails at. good basic design, bad service attitude. the ceo should go and they should re-invent themselves before its too late.

Factory advisor, service team and two manager at dublin all refuse to fix the paint for me.
Although the service team do agreed to do a courtesy touch up for me but the result wasn't really satisfying..

See attachment for the touch up they did.
I know it's a touch up, but i recently found out more problem on my car and that really made me felt like im buying a very expensive car that had all these flaws and defect...

If you need paint corrections you should bring it to a professional, not Tesla SC, since you have to pay for it anyway. On the other hand you will have plenty of rock chips in a few months anyway so trying to get perfection now is almost pointless.

If it's one thing I despise, is people not taking pride in their work. What kind of half-as*ed 'touch-up' is that? I'm sure the OP could have done a much better job. Tesla really needs to start taking a hard look at some of these service centers and start handing out pink slips.

So how does this work for people that dont have a SC in their city? In my case, I live 75 miles (one way) from what will be my delivery location. Does that mean that I take delivery, drive home and only have 25 miles to inspect the car. That doesn't seem right.

We ordered almost the same car and I got mine today!
9CE29186-DDEF-4718-B3A4-BBFA293ED2E2.jpeg

Reactions: rxlawdude
Just figure I should share this.
Berkeley is not willing to fix it for me either, not that I'm surprised.
I attached a screenshot of text message from Tesla.

I also attached a summary of all my problems and solution of each one of them.
For those future owner that haven't take delivery, inspect the car ASAP and have someone that can do a very thorough inspection do it with you.
Because to be realistic, i see lots of people did a very thorough inspection but still failed to discover some problems.

I gotta say, Tesla's customer service did not meet my expectation.
I see tons of youtube video and posts online claiming "Oh Tesla cars had a lot of problems but they are willing to make it up to you and fix it".
Apparently this is not what I'm getting and I felt like most of the time i'm on my own, take the wireless charging and paint chip as an example.
If they did a good job I wouldn't be going in the second time.

Tesla vision is good and many supported their vision.
In my opinion, they are growing too fast and they should stop down and treat those who supported their vision better.
When a customer felt like a company doesn't care about them, it is bad.
Although I like the vision and the car of Tesla very much, their customer service and quality control will eventually become a deal breaker.

If there is another company with the same vision like Tesla and is delivering same or better car and with exceptional customer service unlike Tesla I jump ship.

That being said, I think after the 2nd appointment service I will be pretty much on my own and not relying on them unless something major come up like system or motor failed that only Tesla can fix it.
I tried and disappointed one after another.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    95.3 KB · Views: 50
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    29.8 KB · Views: 57
Just figure I should share this.
Berkeley is not willing to fix it for me either, not that I'm surprised.
I attached a screenshot of text message from Tesla.

I also attached a summary of all my problems and solution of each one of them.
For those future owner that haven't take delivery, inspect the car ASAP and have someone that can do a very thorough inspection do it with you.
Because to be realistic, i see lots of people did a very thorough inspection but still failed to discover some problems.

I gotta say, Tesla's customer service did not meet my expectation.
I see tons of youtube video and posts online claiming "Oh Tesla cars had a lot of problems but they are willing to make it up to you and fix it".
Apparently this is not what I'm getting and I felt like most of the time i'm on my own, take the wireless charging and paint chip as an example.
If they did a good job I wouldn't be going in the second time.

Tesla vision is good and many supported their vision.
In my opinion, they are growing too fast and they should stop down and treat those who supported their vision better.
When a customer felt like a company doesn't care about them, it is bad.
Although I like the vision and the car of Tesla very much, their customer service and quality control will eventually become a deal breaker.

If there is another company with the same vision like Tesla and is delivering same or better car and with exceptional customer service unlike Tesla I jump ship.

That being said, I think after the 2nd appointment service I will be pretty much on my own and not relying on them unless something major come up like system or motor failed that only Tesla can fix it.
I tried and disappointed one after another.

bummer, sorry to hear about your experience. my lesson learned is to not buy a first year tesla anymore. by the time I buy the truck it should be in 2nd year of production and hopefully with these types of things already ironed out.

bummer, sorry to hear about your experience. my lesson learned is to not buy a first year tesla anymore. by the time I buy the truck it should be in 2nd year of production and hopefully with these types of things already ironed out.
You must be a millennial. GEN-X's know already not to buy ANY 1st year production car from any manufacturer. (But I did anyway with Model Y LOL - hatch doesn't close properly - I knew there would be trouble though)