Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: HW.4 Suite - Availability, retrofit, suitability etc.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
did you manually remove the hold? and how long did it take for you to get a new VIN after you're back in line?

auto after 2 weeks, unless you want/remove the hold. I wanted a longer hold due to HW4 but EDD late june now so I think I'm good?

Estimated Delivery: June 24 - June 30​

build details​

• Model Y Long Range Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive
  • Pearl White Paint
  • 19’’ Gemini Wheels
  • Black and White Premium Interior
  • Five Seat Interior
  • Autopilot

Ahh. I only have AP. Hope HW4 will do it with AP? I like the # drop when I'm pulling into a tight spot and I believe that's radar based?
It doesn't matter with HW3 or HW4. It's just in Beta right now.

It's not the 360 camera you think about from standard vehicles, it's computer generated. The 360 from other vehicles isn't possible with HW3 or HW4 until they decide to add a front camera...even then the repeater cameras don't see all the way up to the bumper.

• Informative
Reactions: vickh
It doesn't matter with HW3 or HW4. It's just in Beta right now.

It's not the 360 camera you think about from standard vehicles, it's computer generated. The 360 from other vehicles isn't possible with HW3 or HW4 until they decide to add a front camera...even then the repeater cameras don't see all the way up to the bumper.
thx!
is there still a countdown when you pull in to a spot w/o radar?

After placing mine MYP on hold for 2 weeks, it automatically went back into queue. I was assigned a VIN the next day. No idea why so fast. Confirmed via VIN # and with Tesla rep that HW4 was part of build. Tesla is now wanting delivery 13 days after VIN assignment. No idea why this time was lightning fast and past times was 6-8 weeks. I did order process the same both times. Who knows. I am just sharing my timeline.

After placing mine MYP on hold for 2 weeks, it automatically went back into queue. I was assigned a VIN the next day. No idea why so fast. Confirmed via VIN # and with Tesla rep that HW4 was part of build. Tesla is now wanting delivery 13 days after VIN assignment. No idea why this time was lightning fast and past times was 6-8 weeks.

More inventory and less demand.

Reactions: antwerpflash
After placing mine MYP on hold for 2 weeks, it automatically went back into queue. I was assigned a VIN the next day. No idea why so fast. Confirmed via VIN # and with Tesla rep that HW4 was part of build. Tesla is now wanting delivery 13 days after VIN assignment. No idea why this time was lightning fast and past times was 6-8 weeks. I did order process the same both times. Who knows. I am just sharing my timeline.
trying to hit quarterly delivery target

Ahh. I only have AP. Hope HW4 will do it with AP? I like the # drop when I'm pulling into a tight spot and I believe that's radar based?
No, you are talking about Parking Assist. That was USS based, nothing to do with radar. Cars with radar completely removed (a long time ago), but still with USS still had the numbers that counted down.

It was when the USS were removed that Park Assist disappeared, but Tesla has began rolling out park assist based on vision:
Tesla Introduces Vision Park Assist: Availability, Accuracy and Videos

• Informative
Reactions: vickh