Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model 3 and Y price drop Jan 2023 / April 2023 / Oct 2023 and All other Pricing Speculation going forward

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't understand the strategy of so many price changes up and down in such a short amount of time. It would seem to fuel the wait and see approach for people on the fence. Not great for consumer confidence when making a large purchase.

With new cars purchased through traditional dealerships, everyone knows the out the door cost can vary based on a number of factors, but generally you don't know what someone else paid for a car unless they share that info and you go looking for it. So you think you got a good deal because the sales manger took off the market adjustment or sold it below 'sticker' and you're comparing that to someone in another state who shared what they paid online. But with Tesla we all know what the car is going for.

I do find Tesla's sales model refreshing and better than dealing with traditional dealerships, but these price changes can give you whiplash.

Reactions: Happy Hippo
Every time you go into the grocery store, do you also request a refund for the items you bought the last time you were in? More importantly, do you offer to pay them the difference if you paid less for something that now costs more? Fair is fair, right? 😂
Actually yes I do. I like saving money. I go into the grocery store and get refunds for something that goes on sale, all you have to do is bring in your receipt and they give you a refund where I live. At the Dept store, I did the same thing, refund and have also seen something on sale and did not get it and then the price went up and I brought it anyway for the higher price and the next month the price went down and I went back with my receipt and they gave me a refund(again there is a window for these refunds)! Best Buy, I get refunded as well(there is a timeframe) and I do that often. Try to be a savvy shopper.

Hi I orderd MYLR with blue and white a week ago . I noticed price dropped 2 times this month . Now at 49990. That makes me worried that after delivery , it will drop further. I am thinking on cancelling or holding off till price bottoms out
Any comments or suggestions. Please help. I live in LA .

Actually yes I do. I like saving money. I go into the grocery store and get refunds for something that goes on sale, all you have to do is bring in your receipt and they give you a refund where I live. At the Dept store, I did the same thing, refund and have also seen something on sale and did not get it and then the price went up and I brought it anyway for the higher price and the next month the price went down and I went back with my receipt and they gave me a refund(again there is a window for these refunds)! Best Buy, I get refunded as well(there is a timeframe) and I do that often. Try to be a savvy shopper.
I'm waiting for the end of the 2nd quarter!!!🤠🤠🤠

Hi I orderd MYLR with blue and white a week ago . I noticed price dropped 2 times this month . Now at 49990. That makes me worried that after delivery , it will drop further. I am thinking on cancelling or holding off till price bottoms out
Any comments or suggestions. Please help. I live in LA .
Wait until 2024 and it will be point of sale or buy a used one. I am sure you can find one in the $20k range.

Remember that waiting for the new restyle is likely going to be a higher priced car. Highly doubt they release the latest design at a cheaper price. That is likely part of the reason prices have been reduced lately to clear out remaining production inventory before the new designs elements get ordered from suppliers.

Reactions: rmrm and vickh
When is refresh ETA?
I read last quarter of 23 for the Highland (M3) and Mid 24 for the Juniper (MY). Obviously those dates are rumour based. It was said they are lowering production costs with the upgrades so I suspect prices will hold instead of increasing. One can see on the few Highland pictures floating around, little things such as fog light delete which is now incorporated into the headlights, must be a good cost savings on that one item alone. No hole in the bumper cover, no supports, no wiring, no installation. It does add up pretty quick.

• Informative
Reactions: vickh
Yeah, the recent price plunge is hard to stomach, but I will agree that I agree to pay for that price. But what I wished was a more quiet and comfortable cabin. Recently test drove a new Model Y with comfort suspension and feels much nicer, something I would pay for last year's insane price, and the cargo cover seems to reduce noise as well. May Tesla please offer free service upgrades to those? That make me much more comfortable with my purchase as I feel ride is too stiff on mines. Probably not going to happen, but worth to see if it start a movement.

Reactions: vickh