Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model 3 and Y price drop Jan 2023 / April 2023 / Oct 2023 and All other Pricing Speculation going forward

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did order a Hyundai Ioniq 5, Lounge almost a year ago. Got a phone call from my dealer 2 weeks ago, it was ready to be delivered.
HOWEVER, the price was up €3.000. If we could settle the bill please.
Long story short, cancelled the Ioniq 5, ordered a MYLR for 5k less. It used to be 10k more a year ago.
Don't know the reasons for Tesla to lower the prices, however for me it worked just fine 🙂
Car is to be delivered in May or June, so no waiting for 12 months!
Glad and happy for you, much smoother ride now and a bit quieter with the cargo cover which should be standard and at this price, it's a steal! Won't be more bothered if they lower the price more if I got it at this price because it's a bargain already.

60K overpriced, but only EV suitable for road trips.

Only thing that bothers me with current gen is lack of USS

Glad and happy for you, much smoother ride now and a bit quieter with the cargo cover which should be standard and at this price, it's a steal! Won't be more bothered if they lower the price more if I got it at this price because it's a bargain already.

60K overpriced, but only EV suitable for road trips.

Only thing that bothers me with current gen is lack of USS
Is the tesla camera vision they updated recently for those without USS as good as USS ?

Is the tesla camera vision they updated recently for those without USS as good as USS ?
I'm hearing no, like if you have a bike rack, behind they will detect it as a wall. My friend scratched his rear in December because of no USS.

Like I get Tesla wants to cut cost and simplify things, but don't delete it until you actually have a software replacement for USS features. Don't ship half baked stuff. Like my gen, don't ship with a suspension that tries to break your back, don't have to be best in class, but at least around that 60K level.

So even if 45K for a Model Y which is a steal, I will admit I will still be bothered with the lack of USS until they get the software right. Not asking for perfection as there is none (the guy who ask me about how I feel about technological advancement), but asking for decency. We all work hard for the money. Doesn't fall from air, so not entitled. We should be happy with our purchase.

I picked up my model Y last Wednesday and I got the $3000 price adjustment. However, they told me it would be sent to me because they don’t really deal with the money at the service center. Do you guys know when I will get the check or deposit? Not exactly sure how it works.

I picked up my model Y last Wednesday and I got the $3000 price adjustment. However, they told me it would be sent to me because they don’t really deal with the money at the service center. Do you guys know when I will get the check or deposit? Not exactly sure how it works.
Wait, so you picked up before the price drop happened again and then ask for an adjustment?

I believe in the past it took about 6-8 weeks to receive a credit (check). If a vehicle is financed, I would guess they will issue the credit to the lender not the buyer.

Reactions: bhigh8 and rmrm
Wait, so you picked up before the price drop happened again and then ask for an adjustment?
I was supposed to pick it up last Wednesday. Price Adjustment Took Pl., Tuesday night. I got an invoice Tuesday night Wednesday morning of the $3187 they owed me. Check was already sent from the financer. So I would assume it comes back to me but either way I don’t really care.

Reactions: vickh
Why did Tesla increase prices by $250 today . I wonder if it is to edge people like me who are on the fence to bite ? :)
Last time in january ,they increased by 500 after the big cuts . Then they decreased in April another big cut.. I don't know if that increase will follow by more increases . It may prepare for another big cut at end of June assuming to follow trend in January.
Really no one knows anymore .

Reactions: illusion