Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model 3 and Y price drop Jan 2023 / April 2023 / Oct 2023 and All other Pricing Speculation going forward

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Y RWD was delivered last week at the $46,990 price. After 7 price cuts this year I thought it was a gift, and still do. Maybe there will be further cuts and the $250 price bump is nothing at all, but I also wouldn’t be surprised if the price increases again soon.

They cut S/X prices $5k then raised them $2,500 soon afterward. My Y AWD was $60,990 on January 2. Is it worth betting on more price cuts, or saying “Thank you” and locking in today’s sharply lower pricing? I took today’s price as a great opportunity and I don’t care if it falls further after a savings of $14,000 compared to January pricing.

OD 4/15
MYLR / blue /white/hitch
EDD1 04-23 TO 06/23
Today I got EDD2 05/7 - 05/21/23
No Vin
Anyone knows when I actually will get/deliver the car . ?
What do I need to do if I want to delay delivery till end of June ?
Your 2nd EDD is probably accurate ~week of 05/15/2023. I think you can reject the 1st VIN, but they will probably assign you another like a week later. If you reject again, they may cancel your order and keep your deposit. Another option is to arrange for delivery, then reject the car during the inspection due to paint/panel/other imperfections and/or problems. I think that may get you back to the end of the queue.

Reactions: rmrm
Your 2nd EDD is probably accurate ~week of 05/15/2023. I think you can reject the 1st VIN, but they will probably assign you another like a week later. If you reject again, they may cancel your order and keep your deposit. Another option is to arrange for delivery, then reject the car during the inspection due to paint/panel/other imperfections and/or problems. I think that may get you back to the end of the queue.
Can I put on order on hold now before VIN is assigned , I read here that might put me till end of original DD ( ie 06/23). if I put after Vin assigned , they only give me 7 days hold . Right ?

Can I put on order on hold now before VIN is assigned , I read here that might put me till end of original DD ( ie 06/23). if I put after Vin assigned , they only give me 7 days hold . Right ?

Do you pay new price after hold release? My hold expires 5/9. I want to see if delivery will be around 6/31, and hope for Q2 incentives

No , you pay what your ordered price after hold release. Me too , I wanna hold till end of June but I haven't put hold yet .I don't know how you can extend it to end of June.
i got a 14 day hold and i was told if dont remove the hold within that timeframe then i will loose the $250 order fee, i'm on vacation and my delivery got bumped up 3 weeks which surprised me

Very strong rumor that the refresh Model 3 is coming Q4 this year or Q1 '2024 so people are probably holding off on the Model 3s.

Y is more popular than the 3. There are tons of Model 3s in inventory, but hardly any Ys.
I read on electric , that Elon has increased price by only 250 just to make people think that prices are bottomed and is time to buy instead of waitting . They said is a trick because inventory is increasing and no way he will jack prices up. Is his way to make people think that there r no more cuts and to make investors happy.
I am thinking about cancelling my MY order. It may be cheaper in the next quarter
What u guys think about all that? I don't know if inventory increased is all Model 3 or Model Y .

No one really knows except for Tesla. Media says price cuts are coming. Inventory levels did seem to drop slightly this past week, but holding steady now. Maybe they'll drop prices on all models except the Y? Maybe he'll only discount the inventory vehicle prices. I don't know.

I don't think prices, in general, are going up tho. I agree that the $250 increase is to mess with us somehow.

I use this site to keep track of inventories.

Last edited:
No one really knows except for Tesla. Media says price cuts are coming. Inventory levels did seem to drop slightly this past week, but holding steady now. Maybe they'll drop prices on all models except the Y? Maybe he'll only discount the inventory vehicle prices. I don't know.

I don't think prices, in general, are going up tho. I agree that the $250 increase is to mess with us somehow.

I use this site to keep track of inventories.
Thanks , this site is very helpful. There is hardly any Model Y