Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model 3 and Y price drop Jan 2023 / April 2023 / Oct 2023 and All other Pricing Speculation going forward

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't pay enough to get $7500. I assume nearly new used MYLR price should be close to $40k soon but looks like that is not happening.

Need a SUV soon with about $40k budget. If I cannot get a MYLR, I would try to get a Toyota Venza which is also hard to find. What's your prediction?

Don't pay enough to get $7500. I assume nearly new used MYLR price should be close to $40k soon but looks like that is not happening.

Need a SUV soon with about $40k budget. If I cannot get a MYLR, I would try to get a Toyota Venza which is also hard to find. What's your prediction?
Are you sure? Single with $69,500 and standard deduction would be $7,550 and married with $94,000 with standard deduction would be $7,516 owed/liability for federal income tax. I would expect that most people looking to buy a $45,000+ vehicle would be above those income levels.

Last edited:
Wow, didn't know that.
I feel it will be a game changer. Many people still think a Tesla is a $100k car, and many more people don't have $7500 laying around up front, or want to roll it into a loan. A Model Y that is $43k 'out the door' vs. waiting months and months and months and doing lots of paper work to get your money back later, this will be 10x more appealing to... literally everyone. I can't imagine anyone wanting to get a rebate when they can get a 'coupon'.

You can then directly compare a $43k Model Y to a $43k Honda or Toyota or Ford or whatever, and people will have the 'ahh hah' moment, and these things will sell like crazy.

but, it's just a hunch.

Are you sure? Single with $69,500 and standard deduction would be $7,550 and married with $94,000 with standard deduction would be $7,516 owed/liability for federal income tax. I would expect that most people looking to buy a $45,000+ vehicle would be above those income levels.
I can only buy a used, or if lease is available. Tax credit shuts the door for people with higher income, or poor enough, too bad.

I just rejected delivery , because my model y rt rt door panel gap was very thin (not specs ) , at bottom and normal at top . Hood was aligned with bumper , but wider gap
Front windshield was tiny misaligned
SA said hood and windshield with specs
Rt door service can bring to align in 5 minutes, but gap between this door and rt back door might be affected . After thinking
I denied delivery.
I don't know if she said the truth. I didn't want to be too picky . That rt door panel gap was very very thin .I was worried.

Attachments

• 20230518_125548.jpg
    20230518_125548.jpg
    475.7 KB · Views: 228
  • 20230518_125601.jpg
    20230518_125601.jpg
    504.6 KB · Views: 184
I just rejected delivery , because my model y rt rt door panel gap was very thin (not specs ) , at bottom and normal at top . Hood was aligned with bumper , but wider gap
Rt door service can bring to align in 5 minutes, but gap between this door and rt back door might be affected . After thinking
I denied delivery.
I don't know if she said the truth. I didn't want to be too picky . That rt door panel gap was very very thin .I was worried.
How many times are we allowed to reject a car ? If we reject a car and wait for the new one , will I still get my trade in value ?

I denied delivery.
so you lost the $250 deposit correct? and did you get to place an order for the next vehicle matching your same specs at your same order cost? (model y cost is $500 more compared to few weeks back.)

Looks less.likely. model y stocks are pretty low in the tracker. I booked now and paid $500 extra that the lowest price :(
I honestly regret it. I talked to my friend owned many Teslas , he said they all will come with some kind of a problem .As long it is functional , no worries . I went back to dealer , was already reassigned to someone else. I was a reason of someone happiness today .

I honestly regret it. I talked to my friend owned many Teslas , he said they all will come with some kind of a problem .As long it is functional , no worries . I went back to dealer , was already reassigned to someone else. I was a reason of someone happiness today .
Yeah no Guarantee your next vehicle will be flawless, panel gaps seem fixable nowadays