Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model 3 and Y price drop Jan 2023 / April 2023 / Oct 2023 and All other Pricing Speculation going forward

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The referral and loyalty changed to 10000 credits for model Y and 3. Plus 6 mo free supercharging for the buyer. Not sure if it is any better than the cash incentive in terms of value.
That sounds like a financial improvement over the 3 months of full self driving. I have yet to figure out how to use the full self driving in ANY way so far. If that 10,000 points would have bought a mobile connector / charger ($230) or floor mats ($60), I would consider it a win.

They changed the $500 to $250, and then the $250 to 6 months of supercharging. Unless I take a road trip, I don’t foresee getting much of a return on that at all. What is it, about $8 for the typical supercharge? In 26 weeks time, it would have to be two $5 charges per week or one $10 charge per week to even beat the $250.

The referral and loyalty changed to 10000 credits for model Y and 3. Plus 6 mo free supercharging for the buyer. Not sure if it is any better than the cash incentive in terms of value.

How is it that they list the 6 months of free supercharging as a loyalty/referee bonus, when (according the order webpages), they are currently offering anyone 6 months of free supercharging (no referral required)?

It would be great if the two 6 months added together to make a year of free supercharging, but I know Tesla well enough to know they're not going to do that! :)

How is it that they list the 6 months of free supercharging as a loyalty/referee bonus, when (according the order webpages), they are currently offering anyone 6 months of free supercharging (no referral required)?

It would be great if the two 6 months added together to make a year of free supercharging, but I know Tesla well enough to know they're not going to do that! :)
Yeah, I wouldn't think they would offer two. What i want to know is if you get 6 mo supercharging, can you use it on your existing vehicles in addition to the new one it came with.

Yea I'm curious about this too. Sounds like they haven't updated the referral bonus (maybe December 1?), so effectively as a buyer you get nothing from a referral right now

Placed an order for a long range inventory model for $46,540. Estimated delivery Dec 3 to 12.
I currently own a Model 3. Tesla app under 'Loyalty' shows 10,000 credits and 6 months Free supercharging if I buy a Model Y. I believe this 6 months super charging from the loyalty will be applied to my Model 3 and the current promotion of 6 months free charging will be for the new Model Y I am buying. I hope so.

Placed an order for a long range inventory model for $46,540. Estimated delivery Dec 3 to 12.
I currently own a Model 3. Tesla app under 'Loyalty' shows 10,000 credits and 6 months Free supercharging if I buy a Model Y. I believe this 6 months super charging from the loyalty will be applied to my Model 3 and the current promotion of 6 months free charging will be for the new Model Y I am buying. I hope so.
That would make sense if you used your own referral code. I did that a couple of years back and I received the same and it shows my name under the people I referred.

No, i did not use my own referral code. Right now, current Tesla owners get 'Loyalty' benefits when buying another Tesla product.

You will see it in your Tesla app under, Refer and Earn, Earn, Loyalty. This is what i see in my app

1000025580.png

No, i did not use my own referral code. Right now, current Tesla owners get 'Loyalty' benefits when buying another Tesla product.

You will see it in your Tesla app under, Refer and Earn, Earn, Loyalty. This is what i see in my app

View attachment 994969
If you have a friend refer you they get 10000 credits and you get 6mo free supercharging and 3mo FSD. If you refer yourself you get 6mo supercharging and 10000 credits.

So if I refer my spouse, I would get 10000 credits and the new car would have 6mo supercharging and 3mo FSD. Correct? That’s better than just me taking the loyalty.

Reactions: vickh
If you have a friend refer you they get 10000 credits and you get 6mo free supercharging and 3mo FSD. If you refer yourself you get 6mo supercharging and 10000 credits.

So if I refer my spouse, I would get 10000 credits and the new car would have 6mo supercharging and 3mo FSD. Correct? That’s better than just me taking the loyalty.
thats what I did and added me as registrant. Even have $500 off b/c that was the promo in Aug. Q is whether i'll get the 6 or 3 mo.s of SC

M3 inventory volumes are still at only ~2x the M3 production rate with a pending refresh and a tax federal incentive supposedly about to be cut in half. Max discounts are around $2800 with a bottom price of $36,260 for maybe two weeks now. I think that’s about 7%. It’s probably the same price for the MY, but at $40,910 as the bottom price, MY sure seems to be getting into the “economy” market with 6.6 seconds 0-60 and 260 miles of range. But heh, it’s got more space and is probably a better untility vehicle for most people. It isn’t as good looking as the 3 or as fast. So redesigning the 3 as a better “performance” vehicle, allowing the Y to replace it as the utilitarian ugly ducking, and replacing the low end market with a Model 2 seems like a decent plan, if they can get this darn Cybertruck off their plate with all those $100 reservations. That is a hole to dig out of with the slow production ramp up. So the model 2 probably is not coming any time soon.

Anyway, with the MYRWD SR LFP (not sure why it gets $7500 and the M3 does not), Tesla will need to manufacture more of them to hold over for the lost M3 sales during the transition.

MYRWD SR might not be LFP
I guess I should not have written LFP in there bc the higher end M3 are not LFP either. My belief is that the SR RWD version of both the M3 and MY are LFP. I don’t really know anything about the batteries either being used or that Tesla plans to use in 2024. I believe I’ve read that the Highland gets no changes to drive or battery though. I guess the question then would be what is actually going to change? Who knows.