Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model 3 Price reductions - Jan / April / Oct 2023 and all other pricing discussions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hope I am wrong, but I think we have passed or are just starting to rebound from the $35,090 figure. With Tesla announcing the credit going to $0 come January 1st, it seems to have scared a lot of people into purchasing now. In Ohio there were 44 inventory Model 3s on December 5th, today there is only 27. The price on a Gray Model 3 RWD, with black interior and 18 inch tires on December 5th was $35,870, today it is $37,820. I am still holding out as I do not need a car. We will see what happens the last two weeks of the month.

Edit: Interestingly enough, you can still get a really good deal on Gray Model 3 RWD with white interior and 18 inch tires. They are going for $35,990 in 20 different states which is a 10.1% discount.

Edit #2: I was wrong, a $35,090 Gray Model 3 RWD, with black interior and 18 inch tires just got listed in Cincinnati, Ohio. A 350 mile, four hour drive one way from Cleveland. Not sure if it is worth the trip?

Last edited:
Reactions: mpgxsvcd
I hope I am wrong, but I think we have passed or are just starting to rebound from the $35,090 figure. With Tesla announcing the credit going to $0 come January 1st, it seems to have scared a lot of people into purchasing now. In Ohio there were 44 inventory Model 3s on December 5th, today there is only 27. The price on a Gray Model 3 RWD, with black interior and 18 inch tires on December 5th was $35,870, today it is $37,820. I am still holding out as I do not need a car. We will see what happens the last two weeks of the month.

Edit: Interestingly enough, you can still get a really good deal on Gray Model 3 RWD with white interior and 18 inch tires. They are going for $35,990 in 20 different states which is a 10.1% discount.

Edit #2: I was wrong, a $35,090 Gray Model 3 RWD, with black interior and 18 inch tires just got listed in Cincinnati, Ohio. A 350 mile, four hour drive one way from Cleveland. Not sure if it is worth the trip?
I don't think the 10% discount is gone but I think it may be the bottom... Waiting for MSM with White interior to hit Columbus at $35,990. Already saw it in Cinco but want to go to the home sales center. Would be wild to see 11% or 12% nationally on tesla-info because then I'm just going to be waiting for it to show up here LOL.

What’s the feeling that there may not be much in the way of discounts coming in the last few weeks of the year? Given that it’s been announced that there will be no more credit I could see a run on demand and no need to discount to boost sales?

Yikes….. Ohio must have had some buyers this weekend because I’m seeing the cheapest RWD hike to $37,430 (was $35,090 a few days ago). I guess that happens when you try to time to market! Let’s see if another dip comes during the week.
I am right there with you! Crazy how fast the prices have increased in just a few days. Looks like we’ll be competing against each other. Are you looking for a specific configuration or are you looking for the cheapest option?

Anyone know about the process of buying a new Tesla out of state? Did some initial research and haven’t seen anything conclusive from Tesla. Just conflicting anecdotal stories in forums. A showroom 3 hours away in a neighboring state currently has RWD’s almost $2k cheaper than the in-state showrooms. More than happy to drive 6 hours round trip if it means getting those savings. Will call Tesla tomorrow but wanted to see if anyone had info here!

Anyone know about the process of buying a new Tesla out of state? Did some initial research and haven’t seen anything conclusive from Tesla. Just conflicting anecdotal stories in forums. A showroom 3 hours away in a neighboring state currently has RWD’s almost $2k cheaper than the in-state showrooms. More than happy to drive 6 hours round trip if it means getting those savings. Will call Tesla tomorrow but wanted to see if anyone had info here!
It’s dependent on the specific states and all sorts of different regs, sales tax reciprocity, etc etc etc.

But generally they don’t do this.

If a car doesn’t show up as available when you put your registration zip into the inventory tool and select “all deliverable”, they generally won’t sell it to you.

Last edited:
Thanks! No, no rebates for me.

I’m having fun reading and learning about the car. I have an electrician coming Monday to give me a quote for a home charging setup.
I use a standard charger with 240V NEMA 14-50 outlet, and it is totally sufficient even for two Teslas we have. I mention this because it can be a much easier and less expensive installation if you only install a 14-50 outlet on a 50A breaker. I paid $225 for this job in 2019.

Reactions: RazorB and mpgxsvcd
I use a standard charger with 240V NEMA 14-50 outlet, and it is totally sufficient even for two Teslas we have. I mention this because it can be a much easier and less expensive installation if you only install a 14-50 outlet on a 50A breaker. I paid $225 for this job in 2019.
Thanks, Alex. This might be the way I go too but not sure yet. I’m going to have the electrician quote for this and also a TWC install. I’ve been reading up on the pros and cons of different home charging solutions.

My delivery date is tomorrow. RWD for 26.5 after 7.5 + 1k off.

For RWD, MSM, black interior, 18in wheels, TX shows 7 within 25mi and 10 all deliverable.

TX seems to have a lot of RWD units available compared to other states. 35k units have been available for over a week. I wonder if they will go down more.

Reactions: mpgxsvcd and RazorB