Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model 3 Price reductions - Jan / April / Oct 2023 and all other pricing discussions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone know about the process of buying a new Tesla out of state? Did some initial research and haven’t seen anything conclusive from Tesla. Just conflicting anecdotal stories in forums. A showroom 3 hours away in a neighboring state currently has RWD’s almost $2k cheaper than the in-state showrooms. More than happy to drive 6 hours round trip if it means getting those savings. Will call Tesla tomorrow but wanted to see if anyone had info here!
I have checked with two different locations in Ohio and two different locations in Pennsylvania. All four locations have said it is not possible for Ohio residents to purchase inventory and pickup in Pennsylvania.

The Cleveland Tesla location says they have cars in transit and should be here close to Christmas. Sounds like prices won’t go much below $37,040 at this location due to this fact.

Edit: Model 3 inventory in Ohio is down to 9. We were at just a week ago.

Last edited:
I have checked with two different locations in Ohio and two different locations in Pennsylvania. All four locations have said it is not possible for Ohio residents to purchase inventory and pickup in Pennsylvania.

The Cleveland Tesla location says they have cars in transit and should be here close to Christmas. Sounds like prices won’t go much below $37,040 at this location due to this fact.

Edit: Model 3 inventory in Ohio is down to 9. We were at just a week ago.
Good to know, thanks for sharing. Guess I’ll be a hawk on inventory for the next two weeks!

After further communication with Cleveland and Columbus locations, it sounds like they both have back to back delivery dates scheduled for December 30th and December 31st. They will do "everything in their power" to get these to customers by the end of the year. I don't think we will see $35,090 or $35,480 for a base configuration Model 3 RWD again. We may be lucky if we see $35,870 or $36,260. Configuration has been sitting at $37,040 for the last 2-3 days with $36,650 showing up at times.

After further communication with Cleveland and Columbus locations, it sounds like they both have back to back delivery dates scheduled for December 30th and December 31st. They will do "everything in their power" to get these to customers by the end of the year. I don't think we will see $35,090 or $35,480 for a base configuration Model 3 RWD again. We may be lucky if we see $35,870 or $36,260. Configuration has been sitting at $37,040 for the last 2-3 days with $36,650 showing up at times.
Shooooot. Feeling some heavy FOMO… Will be an interesting week. I’m undecided whether this sways my purchase decision and what my own price ceiling is.

Reactions: RazorB
I picked up my new inventory M3 RWD this afternoon and had a great 2.5 hour drive home. I like it!
IMG_4836.jpeg

Picked up my inventory M3 RWD this Saturday in Utah (Pleasant Grove) and drove it back to Denver. Made a great trip out of it and was more impressed than expected with the quality improvements. I owned a 2018 M3 LR RWD and currently have a 2022 MYLR. The MY was definitely more solid than my 2018 M3 but still has a couple of squeaks and rattles along with a rough suspension that annoys me. The M3 RWD had absolutely no rattles and was super smooth compared to the other 2 teslas I've owned and by far the cheapest haha.

Two days and about 600 miles to break it in...
IMG_4736.jpeg

IMG_4812.jpeg

Looks like I missed out in Ohio trying to time the lowest discounts. In 10 days we went from $35,090 to $38,210. We are down to less than a handful of Gray Model 3 RWD with black interior and 18 inch tires in the entire state (3 locations). Unless someone decides not to take delivery or financing falls through, I wont be making a purchase and reevaluating in 2024. Lesson learned that once discounting hits 9-10%, pull the trigger as those don't last long.

Looks like I missed out in Ohio trying to time the lowest discounts. In 10 days we went from $35,090 to $38,210. We are down to less than a handful of Gray Model 3 RWD with black interior and 18 inch tires in the entire state (3 locations). Unless someone decides not to take delivery or financing falls through, I wont be making a purchase and reevaluating in 2024. Lesson learned that once discounting hits 9-10%, pull the trigger as those don't last long.
It wouldn't surprise me if this is "it" for the Model 3 as it currently exists.

Losing the tax credit is going to fundamentally change the economics of the car in the US. I think we're likely to see the line shut down in early Jan and switch over to the Highland model in Q1 with significantly increased transaction prices.

Reactions: mpgxsvcd
I’m likely in the same situation… A sad ending.

It wouldn't surprise me if this is "it" for the Model 3 as it currently exists.

Losing the tax credit is going to fundamentally change the economics of the car in the US. I think we're likely to see the line shut down in early Jan and switch over to the Highland model in Q1 with significantly increased transaction prices.
I would guess the current M3 production line is already shutdown as the numbers of cars continues to decrease as shown on Tesla-Info.com. It’s showing under 1,000 Model 3 cars in the US now.

Guys…. Was checking prices tonight and saw a RWD MSM pop up for $36,650. I lingered for 15 minutes before deciding that I’m going for it. I do an inadvertent refresh and magically another pops up for $36,260. Immediately bought and will hopefully take delivery this weekend. TuxMat floor mats already delivered today LOL.

Fingers crossed for a clean and smooth delivery. Who knows if the $36,260 was a rejected delivery or dropped sale but not going to stress about it for now.

Guys…. Was checking prices tonight and saw a RWD MSM pop up for $36,650. I lingered for 15 minutes before deciding that I’m going for it. I do an inadvertent refresh and magically another pops up for $36,260. Immediately bought and will hopefully take delivery this weekend. TuxMat floor mats already delivered today LOL.

Fingers crossed for a clean and smooth delivery. Who knows if the $36,260 was a rejected delivery or dropped sale but not going to stress about it for now.
Congrats! It sounds like we both got lucky tonight! I noticed a $36,650 pop up in Cleveland around 7PM. I checked again around 9PM and noticed one for $35,090. I couldn’t believe my eyes. I placed my order without even thinking.

Congrats! It sounds like we both got lucky tonight! I noticed a $36,650 pop up in Cleveland around 7PM. I checked again around 9PM and noticed one for $35,090. I couldn’t believe my eyes. I placed my order without even thinking.
Amazing, congrats! I didn’t see the $35K but happy to hear that it went to you. I can’t complain about getting it for $36K especially with the limited stock. Will be headed to Cleveland this weekend for pickup.