Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model 3 Price reductions - Jan / April / Oct 2023 and all other pricing discussions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now it is stupid crazy the other way.

It's more realistic. In 2016 I bought a BMW 340i xDrive with M Sport Package and all options. Paid about $63k for it. 3 years laster, with just 16k miles on it, I sold it for $28k to buy my Model 3 Performance. That’s how much regular luxury cars depreciate . Now that Tesla is pumping out a couple million a year I suspect they're going to start depreciating similarly. Maybe not quite as bad, but $33-39k seems reasonable.

Last edited:
Except the red one. $55,990 > $55,000.

Does anyone else think it’s odd that they would exclude just one color? Almost like they forgot that one of their color options was more than the others…

I actually had a red one on order, but on hold until Feb 1st as my lease expires at the end of March. I just changed the order to blue instead. I like the red, but it's essentially an $8,500 option now and I can't justify that.

Except the red one. $55,990 > $55,000.

Does anyone else think it’s odd that they would exclude just one color? Almost like they forgot that one of their color options was more than the others…
For the M3P, the black paint ($1500 above base) gets excluded also as does the combo of white interior with any other color than the base white ($2000 to $3000 above base.)

Also the MSM paint is back to a $1000 option, it's no longer free.

Reactions: Dan203
It’s funny that anyone thinks this is the end of competition for Tesla. These price cuts just puts Tesla vehicles down to what they are actually worth, if not maybe still too expensive for what you get with the overall package. I mean these cars still don’t have sensors compared to the competition. Luxury? None compared to the competition.

Not to mention service and a crazy PR person. No, this isn’t the end of Teslas competition. Tesla better start thinking about presenting the 2nd gen 3 and Y soon. The CT will be obliterated by the competition when it come to tech also.

Most of the pricing is literally just reverting back to "normal" pricing from 2021 as a whole.

The M3 RWD is more expensive while the M3 LR is the same price, but the M3P is cheaper.

The MY LR is the same price but the MY P is cheaper

The MS and MX are still more expensive.

For those who haven't seen it before, below is the link to a Google sheet someone has kept up with all Tesla prices since the dawn of time:

Most of the pricing is literally just reverting back to "normal" pricing from 2021 as a whole.

The M3 RWD is more expensive while the M3 LR is the same price, but the M3P is cheaper.

For those who haven't seen it before, below is the link to a Google sheet someone has kept up with all Tesla prices since the dawn of time:

The price for the M3P is exactly what I paid in September 2019. My red M3P was $56,990 which is exactly what it costs under these new price cuts.

The price for the M3P is exactly what I paid in September 2019. My red M3P was $56,990 which is exactly what it costs under these new price cuts.
Yeah the prices have varied quite a bit over time, but to me this is just a simple market correction like that which is going on with used cars as well.

Coupled with the $7,500 tax credits now available, Tesla is going to be selling A LOT of cars IMO.

Reactions: Dan203
Yeah the prices have varied quite a bit over time, but to me this is just a simple market correction like that which is going on with used cars as well.

Coupled with the $7,500 tax credits now available, Tesla is going to be selling A LOT of cars IMO.
More than they projected for 2023? Because they were always expected to sell their entire production for 2023…

Elon states that these prices now more closely represent the reduction in his costs of build, considering the reduction in suppy chain issues. He is automatically lowering pricing on those who ordered earlier, but are now just taking delivery. Seems to make sense. Tesla provided $7500 to many customers taking delivery late last year, so seems to have been easing into this new pricing.
Most all cars sold last year had huge dealer markups. People that paid those higher than MSRP prices will be seening those $$$s evaporate as well.

• Helpful
Reactions: Silicon Desert

$47k for the cheapest Tesla is still a $700 payment due to interest rates. There are not a lot of people who can afford that payment or have a big down payment to plunk down on a Tesla that doesn’t come standard with floor mats or sensors.

$7500 tax credits that you won’t see until the following year if you are lucky. Yeah sales will remain the same. The Auto industry is about to get slapped.

Reactions: cdub
For the M3P, the black paint ($1500 above base) gets excluded also as does the combo of white interior with any other color than the base white ($2000 to $3000 above base.)

Also the MSM paint is back to a $1000 option, it's no longer free.
My bad. You are correct. The black paint is $500 (well $490) over the limit. I still think it’s really bizarre that color options push the price over the limit. The government wants to incentivize electric cars … as long as they’re not black or red?

The M3P is a huge bargain right now IMO. Even without the tax credit, it's $1000 cheaper than its previous low point, and $4000 less than what I paid in late 2021 (I ordered two days before a $1K jump.)

Anybody know what does it mean with "Additional fees may apply" and what should I expect the final price be? It doesn't show me the final price with these additional fees and rebate. I would like to know before I order it. Thank you.

• Vehicle Price$54,990
    • Destination & Doc Fee$1,880
    • Federal Air Conditioner Tax$100
    • OMVIC Fee$10
  • Purchase Price$56,980
Taxes and fees calculated using the Purchase Price and current taxes and fees. Additional taxes and fees may apply.

• Helpful
Reactions: pilotSteve
Canada model 3 price dropped now qualify with $5000 rebate in Ontario, Canada.

Does anybody know what would the final price be? It says "Additional fees may apply"

Anybody know what does it mean with "Additional fees may apply" and what should I expect the final price be? It doesn't show me the final price with these additional fees and rebate. I would like to know before I order it. Thank you.

• Vehicle Price$54,990
    • Destination & Doc Fee$1,880
    • Federal Air Conditioner Tax$100
    • OMVIC Fee$10
  • Purchase Price$56,980
Taxes and fees calculated using the Purchase Price and current taxes and fees. Additional taxes and fees may apply.