Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It appears Tesla is delivering folks that are closer to the factory first. I ordered mine in December 2022 with standard white/white/5/19” wheels and just got a Feb. 20th to March 20th. I live in midwest so understand that it could take sometime, but folks ordering now with custom inventory and still getting eariler date.

Just praying that it arrive before March.

Reactions: WyoDude
It appears Tesla is delivering folks that are closer to the factory first. I ordered mine in December 2022 with standard white/white/5/19” wheels and just got a Feb. 20th to March 20th. I live in midwest so understand that it could take sometime, but folks ordering now with custom inventory and still getting eariler date.

Just praying that it arrive before March.
I’m hoping my resumes order from May gets a bit of a priority as well. We resumed on the 15th. Everything is in. Finance, trade, down payment. Just waiting on a car.

No rhyme or reason on who gets what when, but seeing yours pushed out to March doesn’t give me much hope. I’m also a white/white/19”

Ordered Fri Jan 13th at 9:44 am EST
MYLR White Exterior / Black Interior / 19" wheels
Delivery window was initially Jan-Mar, but switched to Jan 21 - Feb 5 this afternoon.
Received a VIN early this morning, 4 days after ordering, and my delivery window changed to Jan 22-29.

About an hour ago, I was prompted to schedule delivery. We'll go pick it up this Saturday, Jan 21. We're in metro Atlanta. The car was built in Austin.

This will be my wife's new car. I put gas in her car for the last time yesterday. I've had a 3 for nearly 5 years, so we'll now be an all-Tesla family!

Reactions: WyoDude
I started the process. I think it would be smoother if I got a preapproval, rate locked and everything ready so that once the car arrives, I there are no delays.
Yup. Thought the same thing and did the same. Saw on the Tesla website that ordering a MYP with EDD was Jan to Feb. Quick turnaround window, so ordered and then immediately applied for loan to my bank/credit union. Got approved right away.

Didn't want any delays so made sure I had everything before VIN creation. Pre-approval loans are good for 30-90 days depending on your bank. So I had time since the EDD was only 1 month time window out.

Will finalize car insurance once I have the scheduled pick-up date. Everything else I can do on the app from Registration, Trade-in and Financing has been completed and submitted. So hopefully no delays and the process goes smoothly.

Details:
MYP
White Exterior/White Interior
OD: 01/15/2023
VIN: 01/17/2023
EDD: 01/31-02/06

I’m hoping my resumes order from May gets a bit of a priority as well. We resumed on the 15th. Everything is in. Finance, trade, down payment. Just waiting on a car.

No rhyme or reason on who gets what when, but seeing yours pushed out to March doesn’t give me much hope. I’m also a white/white/19”

To confirm you order on May 2022 for white/white/19” and still waiting on the car? That doesnt sounds right, where are you located?

Yup. Thought the same thing and did the same. Saw on the Tesla website that ordering a MYP with EDD was Jan to Feb. Quick turnaround window, so ordered and then immediately applied for loan to my bank/credit union. Got approved right away.

Didn't want any delays so made sure I had everything before VIN creation. Pre-approval loans are good for 30-90 days depending on your bank. So I had time since the EDD was only 1 month time window out.

Will finalize car insurance once I have the scheduled pick-up date. Everything else I can do on the app from Registration, Trade-in and Financing has been completed and submitted. So hopefully no delays and the process goes smoothly.

Details:
MYP
White Exterior/White Interior
OD: 01/15/2023
VIN: 01/17/2023
EDD: 01/31-02/06
Dang. LR same order date. No dice.

My sense (hope) is that lobbyists are working hard behind the scenes to loosen up the battery composition rules, if only to delay their implementation to January 1, 2024. It's one thing for a private company like Tesla to dramatically cut prices and alienate some owners, but it would really surprise me to see the government provide an extra $3750 in tax credits for only 2-3 months in a calendar year. Pure speculation though...

Reactions: acpd
OD: 1/14
EDD: still Jan-Mar
Spec: MYLR white/white no other options

Hopefully I get an EDD soon. I think CA has to have the highest concentration of orders so not too hopeful that I’ll get the car before April. Just hope the $7500 tax credit doesn’t expire then

OD: 1/14

Hopefully I get an EDD soon. I think CA has to have the highest concentration of orders so not too hopeful that I’ll get the car before April. Just hope the $7500 tax credit doesn’t expire then
I think we got screwed for folks that ordered MYLR White/White. Got two orders in as I didn't know that Tesla auto price adjustment for first order as I was super excited that the price dropped and thought it was one of those price mistake. Get in and asked question later, loosing $250 is pocket change, as long as we get it before March 1st to qualify the $7500.

OD: 12/18
EDD: Feb 13th - March 20th

OD: 1/13
Spec: MYLR white/white/Hitch

Anybody ordered on 1/13-14th for White/White in Midwest and got their EDD date?

I think we got screwed for folks that ordered MYLR White/White. Got two orders in as I didn't know that Tesla auto price adjustment for first order as I was super excited that the price dropped and thought it was one of those price mistake. Get in and asked question later, loosing $250 is pocket change, as long as we get it before March 1st to qualify the $7500.

OD: 12/18
EDD: Feb 13th - March 20th

OD: 1/13
Spec: MYLR white/white/Hitch

Anybody ordered on 1/13-14th for White/White in Midwest and got their EDD date?
Hard to say. There's a few white/white and they've gotten an EDD already. Maybe if you add a few more options it'll be prioritized. Also think largely could be the region you are in as demand is drastically different.