Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If it gets delivered by 3/31 you would get the full amount of $7500.
Are we sure about that? Based on what I'm seeing, the IRS will publish their guidence 'sometime' in March, at which point the new battery source requirements will kick in.
I'd be be happy to be contradicted, especially since my delivery window is January-March and don't want to miss out on the tax credit.
Just provide a source

Are we sure about that? Based on what I'm seeing, the IRS will publish their guidence 'sometime' in March, at which point the new battery source requirements will kick in.
I'd be be happy to be contradicted, especially since my delivery window is January-March and don't want to miss out on the tax credit.
Just provide a source
I would see if you can get it prior to March 1st, I do work for a federal agency and anything we release policy or new guidance is usually end of quarter so I am just going with precedence on what government does and what I have seen.

I would see if you can get it prior to March 1st, I do work for a federal agency and anything we release policy or new guidance is usually end of quarter so I am just going with precedence on what government does and what I have seen.
At the mercy of Tesla. Not sure there is anything anyone can do to ensure delivery before March. (Maybe accelerated delivery?)

Reactions: PewPew
SoCal Area
OD: 1/13
Delivery Scheduled: 1/20
MYLR: White/Black, 19", Tow
VIN assigned: PA051xxx

Curious if others with VINs out of Austin are in the same range or if I was assigned someone’s reject. Seeing other Austin VINs in the 059xxx range which has me questioning the car I’m getting.
I just got 061 out of Austin assigned this morning

What does it mean if your date range completely goes away? I ordered a MYP yesterday, got a date range of January 29-February 12 earlier today but not the date range is completely gone. I can’t even see the status of my account on the app. When I try to access the order on the website, the page just goes blank

What does it mean if your date range completely goes away? I ordered a MYP yesterday, got a date range of January 29-February 12 earlier today but not the date range is completely gone. I can’t even see the status of my account on the app. When I try to access the order on the website, the page just goes blank
They may be having server issues. As my App now shows a "Go To Account" blue button, that opens up my web browser. But the website never loads.

Reactions: Hawk10

I see the same thing, the updated EDD is completely gone, can't even open "manage" on the app and blank page on the website.

Just provide a source
Most of the US Govt rules are applicable 6month waiting period (starting 1st day end of the 6 month) or next Jan 1st or when bill say a month it normally 1st day of the month... if bill says March, we should probably assume it will be on March 1st. very few exceptions on the above... recent EV bill was applicable from Aug 16th to mark as "American build car"

I had a mini freak out as well. Haha. Until I logged into my account via webbrowser and the dates were still there.

Not good actually.. vehicle is fine and atleast i didnt find issues.. i will look into more detail at home
Real issue was, i was trading ID4 and expecting my custom plate transferred and also it will minimize the registration fees.
Once i am at tesla, delivery rep told me that the plate needs to be minimum 60 days for them to transfer. I asked them why they didnt inform me all these.. til yesterday my balance was zero and at 10am today my unpaid balance is $177.
Question, keeping my current custom plates will lower my registration fees? How?

Most of the US Govt rules are applicable 6month waiting period (starting 1st day end of the 6 month) or next Jan 1st or when bill say a month it normally 1st day of the month... if bill says March, we should probably assume it will be on March 1st. very few exceptions on the above... recent EV bill was applicable from Aug 16th to mark as "American build car"
one more thing... many people think famous detroit friends behind the EV bill. With the price cut by tesla and now for sure detroit freinds are rattled and will find some way to stop the rampage done Tesla... so something going to happen pretty soon... :)

thanks for the info. I was reading Austin build was shipping 4680 batteries.
Austin does build a version of the MY that Tesla calls "Model Y All Wheel Drive" (MYAWD). It is not available to be custom ordered. They randomly show up in available inventory from time to time. The MYAWD uses the new 4680 batteries and structural battery pack. It has a rated range of 279miles. It has a base price $2K less than the base MYLR.
I don't really see why someone would want to save $2K to lose all that range when there is no other proven benefit to the current iteration of the 4680 pack.