Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OD: 1/18
Model Y LR
Blue/White, No tow
Basically the nearest build to $55,000 (54,990)
South Carolina
EDD: Feb 21-Mar 28
First time Tesla owner, my wife owns a Mini-Cooper electric and she loves it.
Question: will I be able to pick the delivery location? I live in the middle of three showrooms and would prefer to travel to one location over another.

I wouldn't be surprised if things have changed, but when I bought our Model ≡ in 2018, we got to pick which service center would do our delivery. But back then, the process was driven on their website vs. the app. Hopefully the current process still gives you a choice. Curious, I didn't realize Tesla had started opening up locations in SC. Do you perhaps mean you are debating whether to travel to NC or GA for pickup?

Does tesla take care of registration and Taxes? My MVPA does include those costs, so wondering if I have to do it myself in DMV. Also, does Tesla give back the extra amount financed in case they don't take care of the registration? I took a $58k loan assuming Registration and Taxes would be included. Still, the MVPA says -$3600 as the customer's down payment because it only includes the Vehicle price, destination charges, Ordering fee, and Tire fee.

This is for my state, does it mean I have to pay DMV directly for registration?

Tesla will mail you a self-registration packet.

Tesla will mail the documents you'll need to complete registration. Any registration fees will be calculated and collected at the time of registration.
Yes, that's the way I interperet that statetment. It's best to check with your SA when one is assigned.

I wouldn't be surprised if things have changed, but when I bought our Model ≡ in 2018, we got to pick which service center would do our delivery. But back then, the process was driven on their website vs. the app. Hopefully the current process still gives you a choice. Curious, I didn't realize Tesla had started opening up locations in SC. Do you perhaps mean you are debating whether to travel to NC or GA for pickup?
Currently there are no showrooms in SC. But where i live is in between Charlotte, Atlanta and Savannah, if i had my choice i would much rather drive to Charlotte than Atlanta, avoiding 285 at all costs!

Reactions: evannole
How is everyone getting such short ranges for their EDD. I ordered on the 13th and feel like I am the only one who still doesn't have a VIN or narrower edd lol.

OD: 1/13 @1130am
Model Y LR
Default all (white ext, black int, Gemini)
Initial: Jan-Mar
EDD updated 2 days ago: Jan30-feb 27
No VIN
North Carolina

How is everyone getting such short ranges for their EDD. I ordered on the 13th and feel like I am the only one who still doesn't have a VIN or narrower edd lol.

Model Y LR
No VIN
North Carolina
Lots of people with no VIN yet. Also you are East coast - your range isn’t that far out in my opinion based on what others are posting

Reactions: mshort_utk

Model Y LR
No VIN
North Carolina
Mine are the exact same dates you stated for a MYLR7 MSM w/ White, tow pkg, and induction.

Model Y LR
No VIN
North Carolina
Did you do all the steps in the app? Like providing your drivers license etc

Somebody else earlier in the thread did it pretty late and they hadn’t gotten a more specific range either

I don’t know if it makes a difference, but it can’t hurt to try

Model Y LR
No VIN
North Carolina
I haven't been assigned VIN as well.
OD: 1/13
Model Y LR AWD
Default all (white ext, black int, 19", 5 seat)
Initial: Jan - March
EDD updated to Jan 20 - Jan 30
CA

Custom order MYLR, MSM, Black Interior, Tow Hitch on 1/13 at 8 am PT
Estimated delivery was Jan to Mar (I saw an exact match car in local inventory, which disappeared a couple hours later)
VIN PA049 assigned on 1/15 with scheduled delivery offered between 1/16 and 1/20
Model Y delivered last night, 1/19, manufactured in Austin on December 2022

I was surprised to see my MYLR came with carpeted mats, since I had to pay extra for my M3SR+. As expected, my Austin build has the rear cargo cover and no matrix headlights. As mentioned earlier in the thread, my VIN has an F in position 8, which identifies it as a Dual Motor Performance vehicle. The software is definitely setup as Long Range, so I wondered if that digit is just identifying a 980 Performance motor or the 990 Long Range. I put my cell phone behind the wheel to verify, but it appears Tesla is starting to place a black cover over the motor, making it difficult to determine which motor you have. This is probably to deter people from purchasing after market speed boost kits that are only available for the 880 motor?

Attachments

• Tesla Motor Cover.JPG
    Tesla Motor Cover.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
Custom order MYLR, MSM, Black Interior, Tow Hitch on 1/13 at 8 am PT
Estimated delivery was Jan to Mar (I saw an exact match car in local inventory, which disappeared a couple hours later)
VIN PA049 assigned on 1/15 with scheduled delivery offered between 1/16 and 1/20
Model Y delivered last night, 1/19, manufactured in December 2022

I was surprised to see my MYLR came with carpeted mats, since I had to pay extra for my M3SR+. As mentioned earlier in the thread, my VIN has an F in position 8, which identifies it as a Dual Motor Performance vehicle. The software is definitely setup as Long Range, so I wondered if that digit is just identifying a 980 Performance motor or the 990 Long Range. I put my cell phone behind the wheel to verify, but it appears Tesla is starting to place a black cover over the motor, making it difficult to determine which motor you have. This is probably to deter people from purchasing after market speed boost kits that are only available for the 880 motor?
Feel like your the second person who is reporting a performance motor on a long range?!?

Did you do all the steps in the app? Like providing your drivers license etc

Somebody else earlier in the thread did it pretty late and they hadn’t gotten a more specific range either

I don’t know if it makes a difference, but it can’t hurt to try
Yes, did all the drivers license etc even did the loan approval via Tesla lol. We are still pending better rates at 2 credit unions.

The rest of the steps says I need to check back later when I am assigned a delivery date