Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered white/white MYLR 1-19
Jan-March EDD still
Cannot use their app finance button yet. Just errors out.

I have been seeing good screen protectors but they seem extremely annoying if you wear polarized glasses with all the rainbow effects and also just a lower resolution. Anyone know of a screen protector that doesn’t have the rainbow effect and doesn’t hurt the screen resolution?
we purchased the Matte version from Spigen.

Ordered 1/14:

Blue/white LR 19's ($54,990.... w00t!)

Original ETA was "January-March" but I just checked this morning and it now says 2/9-3/9. It's narrowed it down a bit and I assume based on what others have stated I can expect a more accurate (and possibly earlier) delivery date any day now.

Ordered 1/14:

Original ETA was "January-March" but I just checked this morning and it now says 2/9-3/9. It's narrowed it down a bit and I assume based on what others have stated I can expect a more accurate (and possibly earlier) delivery date any day now.
Love the Apollo naming convention on your cars!

We name our cars as well. Our first EV (kinda) was a White CMax named “EVE” after the movie Wall-E. Even had the “plant sticker” plastered to the charging port.

This being our first FULL EV and Tesla we’ve decided to go with Zero after Nightmare before Christmas, but works on other levels as well. I wanted to go with Ghost, but was outvoted.

Love the Apollo naming convention on your cars!

We name our cars as well. Our first EV (kinda) was a White CMax named “EVE” after the movie Wall-E. Even had the “plant sticker” plastered to the charging port.

This being our first FULL EV and Tesla we’ve decided to go with Zero after Nightmare before Christmas, but works on other levels as well. I wanted to go with Ghost, but was outvoted.
Our first Tesla was name "Eve". It is a popular name. I currently drive "Stormrunner" and the MY is for my wife, and she is naming the car "Betty"

Ordered 1/13, just got my VIN today and updated EDD again now to Feb 7-14.

It says I need to update insurance info before I can schedule delivery, can I add my insurance info without the Tesla on it? Or does it have to have the Tesla on the policy first?
Congrats on the update to a fellow Raleigh member! Hope my wife and I hear soon on ours … and interesting that you and my wife’s friend who just got a VIN both are coming from Fremont.

Reactions: EpicNguyen
Ordered 1/14:

I have the EXACT same build. I ordered 1/13. My EDD is 2/5-3/5.

OD: 1/15, EDD: Jan - Mar, MYLR White/Black/19"
No changes since EDD updated on 1/18 to 2/8 - 3/8

Registration and Trade-In are complete in the app but Financing. Should I add Financial Partner Information and complete the task since I will get my own loan? I had a test drive last weekend and SA told me that the only task needs to be completed to get this order going is Registration. I'm wondering if uncompleted financial task is holding it up.

OD: 1/16 late morning Cali time
MYLR PW / black int / 19 / no upsells
First 3 steps done up to sched delivery
EDD posted on 1/18 IIRC as Feb 9 - Mar 16

We're literally the same drive time to Denver and SLC, so we'll have to travel for pickup no matter what. So I have been closing watching inventory sites nationwide this whole week, and man does everything under $55k get snapped up fast.............

OD: 1/16 late morning Cali time
MYLR PW / black int / 19 / no upsells
First 3 steps done up to sched delivery
EDD posted on 1/18 IIRC as Feb 9 - Mar 16

We're literally the same drive time to Denver and SLC, so we'll have to travel for pickup no matter what. So I have been closing watching inventory sites nationwide this whole week, and man does everything under $55k get snapped up fast.............
I also ordered the same config and am equal distance to Denver or Salt lake!! I ordered 8 pm Cali time.

Update: I went ahead and asked the SA in Indianapolis if they could provide me more details on the VIN since they were open to discussing more information "once you have the VIN".

Looks like that wasn't the case. The only detail they have been willing to share is...

"Your Model Y is in transit & slated to arrive onsite on 1/31.
As it gets closer, you will receive a text with the available days to schedule delivery.
Just keep an eye out for that!"

Looks like I'll be surprised. Always feel bad about asking them since I know they are busy, so I'll just stay quiet until next week.

Also hoping this weeks potential "snow storm" doesn't have Zero flying through drifts...

This is a good range!
When I ordered my Model Y in October 2021, I never picked it up until May 2022. 😳
Yep. We had the same experience. We ordered our blue MYLR on October 20, 2021, and picked it up June 5, 2022.
We ordered red this time on Jan 13, and have an EDD of Jan 24-Feb 7.
One comment I’ll make about the blue, which I’m sure is also true about black, is it’s difficult to find the outside door handles when it’s dark and raining outdoors.

Reactions: 3YMimi73
Just got an overnight update, first time that’s ever happened.

I have a VIN - but it’s Austin and now I’m really confused?!? White seats out of Austin?
January 31st to February 7th.

Now a week window, was 4 weeks.

OD 1/15
EDD Jan 26-Feb23
Updated EDD (sometime in the wee hours of Jan 21st) - Jan 31-Feb7

White/white/19
Indiana
What time did you order the car? That's interesting that a White seat is coming from Austin but sounds like it is true that Austin serves folks ordering from the Mid to Eastcost regions

Hello all, I ordered my MYLR last night after test driving one in Austin a few hours earlier. My EDD shows Jan-Mar but will update when I get a VIN and better EDD. Ordered the Blue with 5 Seats and Gemini Wheels but have an Amazon List already filled with accessories (new wheel covers, rear spoiler, sunroof shade, illuminated door sills, puddle lights, screen protector, floor mats, you know… the fun stuff). The showroom guy said I can guarantee it’s an Austin build her in Texas because it isn’t the 7-seater but he said that’s a good thing since Austin is using the single gigapress for the framing. He didn’t know anything about the matrix headlights situation but the trade off for the single framing would be worth it.

Looking forward to being a Tesla owner and the ups/downs going from a BMW to a Tesla. 👍🏻

Do you mind sharing the links to the accessories? Guessing you did your research that these are good ;)

MYLR Blue/Black 19" w/ Tow
OD: 1/14, midday EST
EDD currently: February 09 - March 09

First time ordering, I've found this forum really helpful.

I'm thinking about switching to pearl white -- does anyone know what that would likely do to my EDD? Would that be a better chance of earlier delivery, or does that risk pushing back delivery significantly? Do they penalize you for switching up the order?

Also, my app still says "complete your tasks to avoid delays in delivery", but I've done registration and financing and am waiting on a trade-in offer from Tesla. Does having that pending make me appear as not having completed the tasks? I'm probably worrying too much, but reading through this thread makes me wonder whether or not that matters.

Reactions: leoita