Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We sold the first for huge profit. So we’ll soon be a family of two
I can’t sell my M3, she’s my baby! (At least not now) I begged my husband for years to get a Tesla and he was always saying NO. I finally got him to say Yes. I offered to trade the MSM Y in on a PW one and he’s like no let’s keep it. 😊

Reactions: -Amanda and Y@Trox
I like all of Tesla's paint colours but my favs are DBM and MSM. I went back and forth on which to order. Originally ordered MSM but then switched to DBM to get the car 3 months earlier (good ol' days...LOL). My previous CX5 was dark grey so I decided to buy Blue which I've never owned before and blue is my favourite color. Both MSM and DBM have drastic changes in appearance depending on the light. DBM is almost black at night and really bright in sunlight. MSM also goes almost black at night yet sparkles in the sun. The only thing I don't like is how MSM appears inside (like underground parking) takes on some bluish/grey color that to me doesn't look great.

I think Red is a great color...not as good as more recent Mazda red but still very nice. Black always looks good but I don't want to care for soft black paint.
White is a nice paint with depth but I do not like the shape/appearance of the MY straight on in white (looks like a big marshmallow coming towards me on the road)...really ruins the lines IMO. M3 looks great in white.

Next to my FIL's EV6....

68868641649__B8FFE550-0F64-4564-B0D7-7DA654DB6A39.jpeg

For anyone rejecting and wondering when a car may come in as replacement. Ordered 1/13, msm black, 19”. Went yesterday 1/20 to pick up but clear coat was totally messed up. Little specs throughout the entire car under clear coat. Had to reject.
New EDD 1/20-1/27. Not sure how that’s possible since today is 1/21 and still shows 1/20. I guess systems didn’t update yet.

Reactions: jose3030
For anyone rejecting and wondering when a car may come in as replacement. Ordered 1/13, msm black, 19”. Went yesterday 1/20 to pick up but clear coat was totally messed up. Little specs throughout the entire car under clear coat. Had to reject.
New EDD 1/20-1/27. Not sure how that’s possible since today is 1/21 and still shows 1/20. I guess systems didn’t update yet.
Just make sure they don't just slap you with the same VIN....like the other guy on here had done to him....LOL
At least they are getting you another car quickly. Supposedly you can only reject one VIN before forfeiting your $250. Not the biggest deal when wait times are reasonable but that was a big worry when wait times were 8-12 months because if Tesla didn't get you a good quality car the with the 2nd VIN you were sort of forced to take it or forfeit your $5K-10K lower price from when you had originally ordered. Now I guess the only risk of rejecting a 2nd VIN is if you are trying to get the car before the tax credit rules update. Anyways, it seems like most people are happy with their 2nd VIN. Haven't read many rejecting 2 in a row.

Reactions: jose3030
Just got an overnight update, first time that’s ever happened.

I have a VIN - but it’s Austin and now I’m really confused?!? White seats out of Austin?
January 31st to February 7th.

Now a week window, was 4 weeks.

OD 1/15
EDD Jan 26-Feb23
Updated EDD (sometime in the wee hours of Jan 21st) - Jan 31-Feb7

White/white/19
Indiana
Nice! I’m glad the white interiors are coming through. I think you are the first I saw who got a vin for a white interior.

Was it a text or an email? Or an update via text??

Nice! I’m glad the white interiors are coming through. I think you are the first I saw who got a vin for a white interior.

Was it a text or an email? Or an update via text??
Actually woke up at 4am, for other reasons, and refreshed the app. *because I’m obsessed…

Every search I’ve done has said no white interiors from Austin so I’m absolutely perplexed.

Reactions: KangThe
Ordered 1/13, just got my VIN today and updated EDD again now to Feb 7-14.

It says I need to update insurance info before I can schedule delivery, can I add my insurance info without the Tesla on it? Or does it have to have the Tesla on the policy first?

Go ahead and update so app stays current, if you are replacing a vehicle w/ the Tesla more than likely your policy number will not change.

I have State Farm and tried to go in and get update cards but their online system is garbage. Will have to call my guy this AM.

Hello all, I ordered my MYLR last night after test driving one in Austin a few hours earlier. My EDD shows Jan-Mar but will update when I get a VIN and better EDD. Ordered the Blue with 5 Seats and Gemini Wheels but have an Amazon List already filled with accessories (new wheel covers, rear spoiler, sunroof shade, illuminated door sills, puddle lights, screen protector, floor mats, you know… the fun stuff). The showroom guy said I can guarantee it’s an Austin build her in Texas because it isn’t the 7-seater but he said that’s a good thing since Austin is using the single gigapress for the framing. He didn’t know anything about the matrix headlights situation but the trade off for the single framing would be worth it.

Looking forward to being a Tesla owner and the ups/downs going from a BMW to a Tesla. 👍🏻

Reactions: KangThe
Actually woke up at 4am, for other reasons, and refreshed the app. *because I’m obsessed…

Every search I’ve done has said no white interiors from Austin so I’m absolutely perplexed.
They had to start making them eventually. I wonder if they'll sneak the first Matrix lights on yours also? Probably too much to ask!!
If Tesla is planning to make Matrix a standard MYLR feature then Austin will have to start using them. Of course we have no idea if Tesla is going to make it a standard feature (like it is on M3) as they keep switching back and forth. Because they keep switching, it seems only Fremont was using them because they have them there for MYP already (and M3 although I don't know if M3 and MY headlights are the same part??).

Reactions: WyoDude
They had to start making them eventually. I wonder if they'll sneak the first Matrix lights on yours also? Probably too much to ask!!
If Tesla is planning to make Matrix a standard MYLR feature then Austin will have to start using them. Of course we have no idea if Tesla is going to make it a standard feature (like it is on M3) as they keep switching back and forth. Because they keep switching, it seems only Fremont was using them because they have them there for MYP already (and M3 although I don't know if M3 and MY headlights are the same part??).

I made the ask through text. Indy doesn’t get in till 10am EST so we’ll see if it I get a response.

They said once I had a vin they could give me additional details, so we will see how “open” they are gonna be…

Go ahead and update so app stays current, if you are replacing a vehicle w/ the Tesla more than likely your policy number will not change.

I have State Farm and tried to go in and get update cards but their online system is garbage. Will have to call my guy this AM.
Yeah did that and fortunately my wife was able to add us. Allstate. $761/yr additional for the Tesla MYLR.

Btw for anyone that's curious, my VIN shows Fremont. I live in NC. Purchased white ext/black int. Ordered 1/13. Hope I get the matrix headlights!

Reactions: HalfNHalfT
Hello all, I ordered my MYLR last night after test driving one in Austin a few hours earlier. My EDD shows Jan-Mar but will update when I get a VIN and better EDD. Ordered the Blue with 5 Seats and Gemini Wheels but have an Amazon List already filled with accessories (new wheel covers, rear spoiler, sunroof shade, illuminated door sills, puddle lights, screen protector, floor mats, you know… the fun stuff). The showroom guy said I can guarantee it’s an Austin build her in Texas because it isn’t the 7-seater but he said that’s a good thing since Austin is using the single gigapress for the framing. He didn’t know anything about the matrix headlights situation but the trade off for the single framing would be worth it.

Looking forward to being a Tesla owner and the ups/downs going from a BMW to a Tesla. 👍🏻
Same here. Going from a fully loaded 2019 3 series to a Model Y. Had 1 baby in 2019 and now I have 2. So the bigger car would definitely help. If I put a stroller in the 3 series, I couldn’t really put a lot of anything else. Especially groceries.

Reactions: WyoDude
Ordered white/white MYLR 1-19
Jan-March EDD still
Cannot use their app finance button yet. Just errors out.

I have been seeing good screen protectors but they seem extremely annoying if you wear polarized glasses with all the rainbow effects and also just a lower resolution. Anyone know of a screen protector that doesn’t have the rainbow effect and doesn’t hurt the screen resolution?