Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank goodness I rarely drive at night so the type of headlight Tesla installs is one less worry for me. :D
Count me as one of the few who is actually glad they didn't get Matrix. I live in the city and when I do on the occasion do an extended drive it's mostly all highway. Even if Tesla did update the software there wouldn't be much advantage for me since I don't really do any twisties. I just think the standard lights look sharper plus no black spots in the low beams 😂.

Reactions: monkft
I guess Tesla going to increase MYP again soon. 🤣
Haha! At this point I'm sure Tesla will use any reason to do so. 😆

As much as I want to say “I’ll believe it when I see it”, I honestly wouldn’t be surprised. Given how hard they must be ramping things up with all this demand, the supplier may not be able to keep pace to use matrix on all Freemont builds. It would be a shame though as it was nice that all Freemont cars were coming with them.
Agreed. Only makes sense since I'm sure the considerable shift in customers switching over to the MYP model due to the IRA limit revision put stress on existing inventory. 🧐

Tesla has stopped and started and stopped and started and.....putting Matrix lights on the MYLR. I wouldn't be surprised they go through another period of Premium lights instead of the Matrix (Global) ones. Only M3 has had consistent Matrix lights (excepting the couple weeks they had to put Premium on them last year due to lack of stock). And of course MYP.
Yeah, I understand this has been their modus operandi for some time. And especially now with the unprecedented demand for the M3P and MYP, I'm sure it's that time of year when they have to pivot again, haha. Personally, I'm okay with non-matrix headlights as it's not a deal breaker. 🙂

Last edited:
Reactions: jhirsch123
I did this too. MSM/Black/19”/tow hitch order on 1/15 but when the tax credit moved to $80k I switched to 20” induction. I just hate the look of the Gemini wheels. Still have delivery date of 2/13-3/13
I test drove the MYLR with the 20" induction wheels and was surprised by the comfort. Did not expect that from such low profile tires. The ride comfort was better than my Honda CRV. I stuck to 19" gemini because of the following reasons:
1. I live in Denver and we have snow. 19" wheels provide better road grip in snow.
2. The 20" wheels are prone to curb rashes and flat tires.
3. I would rather paint/replace rim covers of the 19" myself to improve the look rather than spending $2000

But that's just me. If you are only worried about the comfort, then go for it.
Thank you for your feedback guys. I've been seeing some really nice wheel covers for the Gemini Wheels too. So, may take that route.

Care to share some pics? If you got Matrix headlights, that'd be a first from Austin.
Make the car face a wall or garage door, run the light show, if you've got Matrix headlights, the lights will spell TESLA on the wall.
Looks like Tesla SA lied to me. Not knowing how the Matrix light looked, I asked him. He "looked" it up on the computer and said I had them.

I looked up some pics and checked this morning and they look like the older style.

Reactions: arbitrage000
ghts and yes to the cargo cover.
Thank you for your feedback guys. I've been seeing some really nice wheel covers for the Gemini Wheels too. So, may take that route.
Same here. I had enough with the low profile tires I have on another car. Riding quality is more important for me than the appearance. A set of nice covers don’t cost as much either.

Reactions: 455dan
Folks such as myself who ordered on 1/17 can take a few weeks break from this forum. Looks like the Christmas is only for 1/13ers 14ers 15ers. No point scrolling up and down hoping to find a 17er reporting to have received VIN. That ain’t gonna happen for a while for us… lol. Apologies for the pessimism.

• Funny
Reactions: Teasler and drew212
OD: 1/17/23
MODEL: MYLR WHITE 20INDUCTION BLACK INT
EDD: 2/17-3/19
VIN ASSIGNED: 2/2
NEW EDD: 2/16-2/23
REGION: PA

HAS ANYONE OR IS ANYONE TRYING TO TRADE IN THEIR LEASED VEHICLE? I HAVE A LEASED 2021 SUBARU CROSSTREK THAT I WANTED TO TRADE IN. GOT A QUOTE FROM TESLA FOR TRADE IN $26100 WHICH IS ABOUT TO BE EQUAL TO PAYOFF AMOUNT EXCLUDING PA TAXES, AND I GOT A QUOTE FROM CARMAX FOR $27400 BUT I AM NOT SURE THE QUOTE FROM CARMAX IS WORTH OF TAKING. DO CARMAX PAY MY LESSOR(CHASE BANK) JUST PAYOFF AMOUT WITHOUT TAX AND GIVE ME THE REMAINDER? PLUS I HAVE A PENDING LOAN FROM TOWER FCU, WHICH I APPLIED 3 DAYS AGO, AND GOT A TEXTFROM TESLA TODAY TO FINISH PRE-DELIVERY TASKS TO GET MVPA, BUT I DO NOT KNOW THE EXACT AMOUNT I NEED TO FINANCE UNTIL I KNOW THE EXACT COST. CAN I JUST PUT IN THE AMOUNT ORDER AGREEMENT JUST TO MOVE ON AND MAKE A FINE MODIFICATION WHEN IT GETS CLOSER TO DELIVERY?
Dad is that you?

Hello, I was trying to modify my order but couldn't find a way to do it. All I see is cancel order option. Can anyone guide me on this? I currently have a MYLR ordered on 1/18 for Chicago area (no VIN) MSM, black with 19" and would like to change it to 20". I may also change the color to blue but is that a wise decision? Considering nobody knows what the new guideline will say.m about the last date to take delivery. I don't really see myself taking the delivery if I miss out on any portion of the $7500.

Hello, I was trying to modify my order but couldn't find a way to do it. All I see is cancel order option. Can anyone guide me on this? I currently have a MYLR ordered on 1/18 for Chicago area (no VIN) MSM, black with 19" and would like to change it to 20". I may also change the color to blue but is that a wise decision? Considering nobody knows what the new guideline will say.m about the last date to take delivery. I don't really see myself taking the delivery if I miss out on any portion of the $7500.

I texted 510 and let SA change as you wish

Log in to your account using a browser instead of trying to change it using the app on your phone.

Orisun,
How do you go about applying load through Tower.
Can you do it all online?
do you have to open checking/saving account with them?
Yes, you can apply online. Yes, you need a bank account. Make a $35 donation to TowerCares to be eligible. Then apply for a loan. Then apply for membership. You will get conditional loan approval but you have to be an approved member to be issued the loan.

I have the same order date and EDD dates including it getting pushed back last Monday to start today. Also 30 minutes from Fremont. Only difference is I ordered blue. Texted the 510 number this morning and was told based on their production plans I should have a VIN in the next few days 🤞. So maybe we’ll both get some good news this week.
@Pirahna
@Al a Meda
Any updates from you guys?

I believe we are all in the same boat.

OD: 1/14
EDD: 2/7 - 2/18
Bay Area
White / Black LRMY 19"
No VIN yet.......

Some perspective:

- Oct 2022 US backlog ended 4x higher than Jan 2023 backlog. Tesla was able to reduce US backlog to zero by end of 2022.

- The last month of every quarter has historically accounted for over 50% of the quarter’s deliveries. Delivery pace will increase every week.

- Q1 2023 Model Y production WILL be more than Q4 2022 (Austin continues to ramp).

- IRS hopefully gives 30 to 60 day waiting period on ev battery material guidance, if they happen to even figure it out.

So high likelihood that all orders placed thus far should be delivered this quarter. Some caveats may exists for low volume configs.

Fair likelihood Q1 Model Y deliveries will qualify for $7.5k credit for eligible folks. Worst case should be at least half the credit for Q1 deliveries.

*still refreshes app for updated EDD every 5 minutes*