Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OD 1/17/23
MYLR Blue/Black no other changes
EDD Jan-Mar
EDD Feb 19-Mar 19
EDD Feb 28-Mar 17
Feb 21: VIN will be assigned in 1 to 2 weeks
Feb 23 night: VIN Assigned (PF69XXXX)
Fremont Build
Current EDD Mar 9-16 (We will reach out to schedule your delivery soon)

Does PF69 means not a recent build(I see ppl with 70 VIN)? Is there a way to check build date with VIN#?
I'm picking up a PF69 same config as you tomorrow. My SA said build date was 2/13. My guess is you are also 2/13 or close to it. I have the same OD and had the same Feb19-Mar 19 EDD until I got my VIN evening on the 22nd. I'm in KS, so probably why the car is getting here sooner.

I am sure this question is probably asked before but do we get some kind papers from dealer during delivery which we need to submit when filling taxes for credit? I remember seeing somewhere that we need to submit a form which show Vin and additional info which tells IRS about battery built details.

Reactions: Lady
I-40 is only 172 miles in TX, but we travel it twice a year going from Maine to Arizona. When east bound, we pop onto I-40 just east of Albuquerque turning north on I-81 in VA. A little over 1200 miles on I-40 (over 1/3 of our 3000+ mile trip). If we get our MYLR by the end of March as EDD suggests, we'll only have had it about 6 weeks before we head to Maine for our first big road trip in it.
I-40 is southern equivalent of I-90 in the north. I-90 goes from Boston to Seattle vs I-40 goes from Los Angeles to Wilmington, North Carolina. Both of these were built to have coast to coast connectivity. Its my dream to travel on both of these roads someday. Hopefully IRA will make it possible by putting in enough chargers along the way to make that trip possible. A friend of mine is the inspiration for this. He went from Boston to Seattle on I-90, then Seattle to Los Angeles on I-5 (runs parallel to Pacific coast), then LA to Wilmington on I-40 and finally back from South Carolina to Boston on I-95 (runs parallel to Atlantic coast). He says it was the best trip of his life and he learnt so much about our country. He took it easy and probably took 3-4 weeks for the entire trip. And before anyone asks, he did the trip in a gas car not electric.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr_Joe
Looking to swap tires on my MYLR from 20” to 19”. Located in Chicago area. Suggestions are welcomed and so are offers to swap them. Thank you.
I have had my order in since 1/26 for the 19” wheels. Seems all that are coming into inventory have been the 20”. Take a look at waitingfortesla.com and do a sort for what is headed to ORD area. When I have checked I had not seen any 19” Ys. Like everyone else, I have been trying to snag an early delivery.

I have seen some posters that are willing to put a deposit on two cars with different options. They are also willing to sacrifice the $250 deposit to try for a faster delivery. Perhaps that is wise instead of risking the $7,500 tax credit? If the $250 loss is not a big factor for you that might be a better move?

I have had my order in since 1/26 for the 19” wheels. Seems all that are coming into inventory have been the 20”. Take a look at waitingfortesla.com and do a sort for what is headed to ORD area. When I have checked I had not seen any 19” Ys. Like everyone else, I have been trying to snag an early delivery.

I have seen some posters that are willing to put a deposit on two cars with different options. They are also willing to sacrifice the $250 deposit to try for a faster delivery. Perhaps that is wise instead of risking the $7,500 tax credit? If the $250 loss is not a big factor for you that might be a better move?
Yup. Everything is 20". Those are definitely the priority. I changed to 20" when on 2/14 my EDD was pushed out significantly. Now I am getting my car about 3 weeks before the first day of that EDD. Just by switching to 20". One could say that even with 19" the EDD could've moved up but I don't see that happening.

I don't mind losing $250. But the problem is that all new inventory cars are about $2-3K costlier than my original order. I don't consider this to be a wise decision. I am pushing them to honor my old price. They purposely do not respond on time to text because they know I want my old price on a higher priced car. I get a response soon after the car is taken out of the inventory by someone else.

Capitalism wins at the end, always 😂😂

I'm considering going with Tesla financing as well. The big banks are in the high 5's.
What kind of information/proof do you need to provide as proof of income that needs to be uploaded? paystubs? W-2's?
(I don't think the amount of the down payment had anything to do with it...it's probably more a good credit score and good repayment history on your credit report.:))
There was no proof asked such as W2s or paystubs. They just asked for social security and they did a credit check and got approved in a couple of minutes.

Reactions: Islander2
Yup. Everything is 20". Those are definitely the priority. I changed to 20" when on 2/14 my EDD was pushed out significantly. Now I am getting my car about 3 weeks before the first day of that EDD. Just by switching to 20". One could say that even with 19" the EDD could've moved up but I don't see that happening.

I don't mind losing $250. But the problem is that all new inventory cars are about $2-3K costlier than my original order. I don't consider this to be a wise decision. I am pushing them to honor my old price. They purposely do not respond on time to text because they know I want my old price on a higher priced car. I get a response soon after the car is taken out of the inventory by someone else.

Capitalism wins at the end, always 😂😂
Excellent point about the price increase. That is a high priority for myself also. I too am disappointed with the response time. Good luck to us both!

This is interesting, my delivery was 6 days ago, as far as I know, nothing has changed with Tesla Vision since then, but there was no message or confirmation about it then. I definitely don't have ultrasonic sensors, and wasn't expecting them since that change started in October. Did Tesla get a bunch of reports of upset customers who expected this feature? 🤔
No idea! Feels like its as bit of CYA from Tesla, but if you were just a normal car buyer the message would not mean a lot to you and probably just cause a lot of confusion.

Just a thought here folks. For those of us anxiously awaiting news of our VIN/Delivery dates and contributing to this thread. A 1 line reply saying "Got my VIN today" is good for you, but not very helpful to the collective here. I just modified my signature to show my Order status so it's there for any comment I make and others don't have to guess. You only get 3 lines for signature, so you have to be creative, but please consider doing this. Note my signature below. And if you're lurking in this thread months later, this might not make sense as my sigature will likely be changed, but I'm sure you can figure it out!
To add to this, sigs don't display on mobile but do on tablet sized screens or larger. On mobile rotate screen to landscape see them