Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OD: 1/17/23
EDD (as of 1/25): 2/23-3/30
EDD (as of 2/5): 2/19-3/19
VIN rec'd 2/21: PF69XXXX (Fremont built on 2/13)
Delivery Date: 2/25 (originally offered 2/27-28, but contacted SA because those dates did not work)
Blue/Black/19"/no tow
Took delivery today in KC. They wouldn’t let me in the car before accepting. Fit and finish was good, better than my 2020 MYLR. Noticed 3 very small paint imperfections. SA noted and sent me 2 Tesla approved body shops, but 1 in KC and one in OKC and I live in Wichita. If I can’t get them to cover in Wichita, I’ll probably just let it go. They are very small. Came with cargo cover and matrix headlights. No mudflats/rear PPF. Ride was smooth, not sure if it was better than current MY because of comfort suspension or because new one is on 19” vs 2020 on the 20”. Did notice a draft coming from the driver door area. Not around the window, but the upper part of the door. Everything fits well and all trim seems to be good and in place. Didn’t get any road noise from it, so not sure what it was. It also wasn’t happening 100% of the time. Not sure if anyone else has had this happen, but I’m also not sure if much will come from it if I open a service request.

Took delivery today in KC. They wouldn’t let me in the car before accepting. Fit and finish was good, better than my 2020 MYLR. Noticed 3 very small paint imperfections. SA noted and sent me 2 Tesla approved body shops, but 1 in KC and one in OKC and I live in Wichita. If I can’t get them to cover in Wichita, I’ll probably just let it go. They are very small. Came with cargo cover and matrix headlights. No mudflats/rear PPF. Ride was smooth, not sure if it was better than current MY because of comfort suspension or because new one is on 19” vs 2020 on the 20”. Did notice a draft coming from the driver door area. Not around the window, but the upper part of the door. Everything fits well and all trim seems to be good and in place. Didn’t get any road noise from it, so not sure what it was. It also wasn’t happening 100% of the time. Not sure if anyone else has had this happen, but I’m also not sure if much will come from it if I open a service request.
Seems like Tesla preventing you from going inside car before accepting delivery is becoming a bit more common (happened to me too).

Your Tesla location doesn't have a service center/shop where it can fix the issues? Also, I don't think I've had any draft coming from the door while driving slower speeds locally and faster speeds on the highway (have also driven with AC/Heat system on and off).

Reactions: Lady
Delivery Date: 2/25 (originally offered 2/27-28, but contacted SA because those dates did not work)
Blue/Black/19"/no tow

Blue/Black/19"/no tow
Congrats on the delivery.

I have ordered the same exact configuration on 01/14 and till date haven't been assigned VIN.

Its very frustrating that my order is delayed, while the same exact order placed few days after me got delivered, that too in a location hundreds of miles away from the fremont factory. Moreover my delivery location is Fremont itself.

Reactions: Ven2000 and Lady
Q regarding tower fcu final documents ..

The loan approval email says, upload documents but one of the documents is “Original Notarized Specific Power of Attorney signed by all proposed title holders”. Can we just upload a copy or this has to be mailed?

My OD is 1/13 but VIN hasn’t been assigned yet and I have less than 2 weeks left on my loan expiry date. I am just hoping I will get VIN before that.

Reactions: Lady
For the people getting upset that someone who ordered a few days after them has a VIN before them....I understand that can be frustrating....BUT remember that as recent as last October it wasn't "days" after them or even "weeks" after them....no....it was "months" after them....so it could always be worse.

There were people with June orders getting VINs before Feb orders. Guess what changed between those two times....in the US three price hikes...in Canada, four price hikes.

Just putting the current climate into a little perspective, worrying about a few days (maximum 1 week) order vs VIN mismatches is nothing.

Speaking of mats - Ordering the set from Tesla is $225 and has theit logo. Ordering from WeatherTech they are going for $200. Beside saving $25 (which I could apply to the next oil change on my Tesla 😉), what would be the reason not to order the Tesla weather mats?

I ordered kikimo flor Mats from Amazon.
Pretty happy with them. Good quality and fit,

Reactions: Yomanjm
Hi all, I think I read previously that the Tesla App can be deceiving and that we should check on the computer to ensure all pre-delivery tasks are completed to avoid delay. I completed everything: insurance, nothing to trade in, including payment (yes - a risky move). Delivery appointment is shown on the app. However, I still see the message 'Complete your tasks to avoid delays in delivery' in the app right under the delivery appointment date and time. I checked Tesla account on the computer but I cannot see if anything is still outstanding. Any thoughts? Thanks!