Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
San Diego, CA
MY Base, MSM, 20" Induction Wheels
OD: 2/4
VIN: 2/5
EDD 1: 18 Feb-18 Mar
EDD disappeared a week ago today, no information. Called today and they said my vehicle hasn't even been made yet. Tried to change my wheels a week after ordering and was told I couldn't because the vehicle was being built already. No idea what's going on at this point.

• Funny
Reactions: James2023y
Bay Area, CA
MYLR Blue/White/19 - base
OD: late 1/18 (1/19 in Tesla),
EDD1: 2/7 - 3/7
EDD2: 2/17 - 3/3
EDD3: 3/7 - 3/31
EDD4: 2/26 - 3/12
EDD5: 3/4 - 3/18 (I definitely think this will change)
No VIN
My assumption I might get it 3/15 - 3/20
At this point I don't think I will get it before the tax credit update. I almost got my hands on a Cadillac Lyriq, but the sale fell though.

How do you contact an SA? Im in the same boat. Ordered on 2/10 from inventory with vin assigned the next day. My EDD disappeared from the app yesterday.
I have the same situation. OD 2/12, my EDD disappeared last Wednesday and I've been calling and texting every other day since. The 510 number always responds the texts and even follow up from the calls sometimes. However, I haven't received any better information that what everyone is sharing here.

Attachments

• tesla text.png
    tesla text.png
    116.6 KB · Views: 115
OD 1/17 @ apx 2pm EST
MYLR W/B 19 no extras
Near Philly
EDD was 2/20-3/20 for the last few weeks
EDD updated 2/21 to 3/7-3/31 UGH!!

Trade-in is a 2023 BMW 330e with 1000 miles
Trade in value of $41,500 expires on 2/28

I've told SA that I would gladly take one with the 20" wheels if it means quicker delivery. Per SA 'Our system is designed to source you your desired configuration as soon as possible. Making changes to your configuration will typically only cause your estimated delivery time to increase.'

What to do? Upgrade the wheels or stay put? Seems like in this thread 20" wheels upgrades are getting VINs much faster. Was thinking of upgrading 2 weeks ago but held off per SA guidance on delivery timing. Have a feeling I'm going to get absolutely crushed on the updated trade in value. Tesla's black box could make a $6k+ swing for me if the tax credit gets halved too. Very difficult to navigate making a rational decision.

Anyone else from 1/17 or earlier and still no VIN!?

Reactions: Alex425
OD 1/17 @ apx 2pm EST
MYLR W/B 19 no extras
Near Philly

I've told SA that I would gladly take one with the 20" wheels if it means quicker delivery. Per SA 'Our system is designed to source you your desired configuration as soon as possible. Making changes to your configuration will typically only cause your estimated delivery time to increase.'

What to do? Upgrade the wheels or stay put? Seems like in this thread 20" wheels upgrades are getting VINs much faster. Was thinking of upgrading 2 weeks ago but held off per SA guidance on delivery timing. Have a feeling I'm going to get absolutely crushed on the updated trade in value. Tesla's black box could make a $6k+ swing for me if the tax credit gets halved too. Very difficult to navigate making a rational decision.

Nothing in inventory?

Such silence. I am assuming nothing good came out of investor’s day?
I thought the beginning portion was interesting since they explained their processes, impact, and long-term goals.

A lot of people probably will be upset they didn't unveil anything aside from their new gigafactory in Mexico but I think this was already released before the investor day. Nothing about their future models nor did they address rumors about them.

Edit: Looks like many people are upset on Twitter and Tesla stock also dropped a good % after-hours in the last hour or so.

Reactions: WyoDude and Ayushbh
MYLR white, black, 19, 5 seat
Philly area
OD 1/17
Original EDD 2/20-3/20
updated EDD 3/7-3/31

Saw my build but with 20 in wheels available for accelerated delivery today. Text SA advised I would have to pay $4k extra. $2k for the wheels and $2k price increase. Drove to the local store and of course the car was taken by the time I got there. In store rep also advised that I would've had to pay the $4k more and they had no workaround. Also, my trade in got revalued for $1k less today with only 300 miles more on the car. Oof....

No text for a VIN coming. I'm slowly losing hope that I'll see the car in March.

• Disagree
Reactions: James2023y
Philly area
OD 1/17
Original EDD 2/20-3/20
updated EDD 3/7-3/31

Saw my build but with 20 in wheels available for accelerated delivery today. Text SA advised I would have to pay $4k extra. $2k for the wheels and $2k price increase. Drove to the local store and of course the car was taken by the time I got there. In store rep also advised that I would've had to pay the $4k more and they had no workaround. Also, my trade in got revalued for $1k less today with only 300 miles more on the car. Oof....

No text for a VIN coming. I'm slowly losing hope that I'll see the car in March.
My 2 cents to book the car in inventory next time you see it. You are already down 5K considering extra cost and loss of trade in value. You can always try to find someone to swap wheels with and ask some cash on their end.

My 2 cents to book the car in inventory next time you see it. You are already down 5K considering extra cost and loss of trade in value. You can always try to find someone to swap wheels with and ask some cash on their end.
Only down $5k if I agree to their price hike. I’m down $1k on the trade and really don’t mind spending the extra $2k for the wheels. I will not give in on an extra $2k when people in other locations seem to be getting priced matched for existing inventory swaps.

I thought the beginning portion was interesting since they explained their processes, impact, and long-term goals.

A lot of people probably will be upset they didn't unveil anything aside from their new gigafactory in Mexico but I think this was already released before the investor day. Nothing about their future models nor did they address rumors about them.

Edit: Looks like many people are upset on Twitter and Tesla stock also dropped a good % after-hours in the last hour or so.
I watched the entire broadcast... uff.. dunno how I got through the whole thing without a shot of caffeine!!! Disappointed as a consumer/customer.. not too much information about the new prototypes or timelines, USS, nothing about credits (well they wouldn't really care about that).. a lot of engineering and assembly lines, innvoations etc. which were fascinating for those who have interest in such topics.

PS: They need to get better presenters and make the ambience much more lively. Learn a thing or two from Apple events.
Good that they were presenting close to the trading cut off for the day. They can garner the feedback and plan for mitigation the following day(s) if the stocks take a beating.

Last edited:
I heard some mumbo jumbo about supply chain but didn’t quite understand the tiers that they were saying. It almost sounded like BAD inception movie. Were they hinting MYLR and P battery materials are sourced from here??? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited:
Philly area
OD 1/17
Original EDD 2/20-3/20
updated EDD 3/7-3/31

I did the same exact thing yesterday, Tim. Saw an MYLR MSM/black/5 with the 20" (which I really don't want), but considered it to ensure getting in on the tax incentive. Tried to work thru text to my SA, but slow responding so I drove my bike to Tucson Tesla, but by the time I got there (10 miles) it had sold online. They didn't offer crap for my trade so I sold it on CL for $10K more than Tesla offered on the low end of their "range". But have since heard a lot of people on here that got less at trade when buying the car than the initial offer. We have nothing but my BMW motorcycle to get around one but if I don't have a VIN by mid march, I'm gonna have to just go buy a car, eat the $250 deposit and the $800 spent on wall charger w/install and put all my MYLR accessories on craigslist at a loss as we leave the area for the summer a few weeks later. The pisser is talking with people like a woman near Phoenix on FB who ordered an MYLR Blue/black/20 on 1/30, got her VIN 2/20 and took delivery 2/25. Go figure. I think the 19" wheels have been on shortage and slowing things down. I can't bring myself to spend $2000 more for rims I don't want that degrade the ride.

OD 1/17 @ apx 2pm EST
MYLR W/B 19 no extras
Near Philly

My car is no where near what you have. I was offered 14.4K from Tesla and 18.4K from carmax. Went in person today. I’m selling it to them Sunday I’ll roll the dice as I have a vin and edd haven’t scheduled yet.