Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MYLR, Blue/black basic configuration
OD 1/15
Original EDD 2/20 - 3/27
1/30 Updated EDD 2/10 - 2/24
Orange County, CA

Finally got the good news. The car is coming to Buena Park on 24th. Pick-up scheduled for 26th.
Picked up the car yesterday from Buena Park. Noticed some mis-alignments and a little moisture in the tail-lights. Haven't found anything major yet. Delivery experience and quality turned out to be better than expected. Now, it's time to stop worrying and enjoy the car. I want to thank you all for the valuable info and support.

T Xu
OD: 1/16/23
Blue/Black/19in/ no options
EDD 1: Jan-Mar
EDD 2: Feb 24-Mar 31
EDD 3: Feb 16-Mar 16
EDD 4: Feb 12-Feb 26
EDD 5: Feb 23-Mar 9
EDD 6: Feb 28-Mar 6
Got the ViN on Feb 16 ! Build date Feb 16.
PA076xxx
EDD 7: Feb 23-Mar 3
Feb 22 update: Scheduling delivery - Date range is Feb 26-28.
Southern California

Tesla Burbank delivered Model Y to my home on Feb 28 ! Home delivery worked out well, car was relatively clean and in good shape outside a few minor cosmetic issues that can be easily taken care of. I was really pleased with the build quality, no booming or rattling sounds at high speeds, no uneven gaps. Because I was providing a cashiers check, I had a two hour window for delivery rather than 4 hours if the car is paid in advance. However, they were about an hour late. It was delivered at about 50% charge, with 27 miles on the odometer. For home delivery, a technician typically drives the car to your house, and then the driver Ubers back to Burbank. Currently, they require home delivery if you are less than 25 miles from the Burbank service center. He was very personable and helpful, let me check out the car prior to handing him the cashier's check, and spent some time helping me set up my phone key and navigating the touchscreen. The car came with an adhesive front plate in the trunk if I want to install, cargo cover, no mud flaps or PPF, no matrix headlights.

Final update: picked up our Tesla yesterday afternoon. It is absolutely gorgeous. I am really happy and glad that I switched the color to Red and the 20" induction wheels look amazing. I immediately forgot the frustrating and uncertainty around getting a VIN and the EDD saga I went through since the initial order when EDD was Feb-Mar: continuously checking the App to see a VIN - then on one fine Monday (2/13) the EDD changed to Apr-May :mad:, frustrated, started searching the internet for more info, finding and joining this forum, finding a post on 2/15 from one kind soul - slyderz3 🙏- about availability of MYLR in Cleveland, OH, that are eligible to be registered in IN, keep refreshing website with Cleveland zip code every hour to see what else is coming and then finding a R/W/20" on 2/16 night, having my SA change my order design to match it on 2/17 morning, delivery scheduled on 3/2, asked SA if possible to get by 2/28 if the truck comes in....finally got the call from SA yesterday that I could come pick up the car in the afternoon....It was all worth it.

Delivery went extremely smooth - me and wife signed some papers and the SA let us inspect the car as long as we needed. Driver side window wouldn't go up all the way, which was fixed by a calibration of all the windows. Other than that, we did not see anything at all. Everything looked really good. Accepted the delivery in the App and drove back home. I kept going to the garage few times at night to just check it out.

I am positive that once you get your car - whatever color combination/wheel/options you selected - you will forget the painful and frustrating journey I pray that you all get the full tax credit as well. Best wishes and good luck to you all - 💚☮️.

View attachment 912633
Congrats.
What tires came on the 20s? I recall they always used to be Goodyear Eagle F1 Summers. But I'd also read that they might be fitting some cars with Michelins.

Has anyone switched from LR to AWD and can speak to the differences other than range? Thinking about switching to an inventory AWD rather than waiting for who knows how long....

LR W/B 19 tow
OD 1/20
New EDD 3/18-3/31
I would say wait a few more days because even if you place an order right now for an AWD it would still take 2 to 3 weeks (maybe more).
The minimum i have seen someone wait for a AWD is 15 days so that is your call.
meanwhile keep checking www.waitingfortesla.com , I have seen some inventory popping out for MN once or twice a week.

Reactions: Tcorn
I would say wait a few more days because even if you place an order right now for an AWD it would still take 2 to 3 weeks (maybe more).
The minimum i have seen someone wait for a AWD is 15 days so that is your call.
meanwhile keep checking www.waitingfortesla.com , I have seen some inventory popping out for MN once or twice a week.
I saw a couple that had build days listed at 3/6....