Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good for you! Exciting stuff.

I do find it interesting that I ordered the day before you also in NJ with the same config except I got the tow hitch and no VIN for me. The inner workings of this system are certainly a mystery to me lol. My EDD still shows 3/2-3/30
If I recall correctly, we're very close in model, color, OD and ED. Maybe reach out to them. The VIN may be there soon. Maybe you're getting a delivery from Fremont <?>

Reactions: Offandon
For folks who took the delivery...do you get 'SAE J1772 Charging Adapter' along with the delivery?
Yes, and I did my first AC charging this morning in my garage. The Tesla inverter seems to be in excess of 90% efficient, whereas the best I could get out of my Hyundai's unit was in the low 70's.

For folks who took the delivery...do you get 'SAE J1772 Charging Adapter' along with the delivery?
We're in AZ for winter, but from Maine. I've never been there, but a Maine Tesla friend said there was a service center in Peabody MA. Curious why you don't take delivery there vs NJ? Or maybe they only do service in Peabody?

Saw an inventory W/B 19" Long Range in Austin this morning 6am CST and put my number down for a callback. Checked again about 15min ago and it was still available and a few moments later when I stepped out to call the Cypress Service Center, gone. And my EDD got pushed back from 03/06 to 03/10-03/31. Pain.
Still seeing several W/B 19" LR in Austin over the past week. I called on 02/25 and they said I could have it matched to my account, but I would have to pick it up in Austin. I decided it wasn't worth a trip out and on 02/28, I changed my order from W/B/19" LR to W/W/19" LR, keeping the same pricing from when I originally ordered (01/26). Still shows an EDD of 03/10 - 03/31, but I've come to terms that I will most likely get my order after March. 🥹

Yes.

Hello, @arbitrage000 , the car came with Goodyear Eagle F1 tires. Just wanted to follow up as I said I would. Hope this helps :).
Thanks for the info. Are they A/S or Summer tires? I had always assumed they were A/S but when I googled them it seems they are summers.

If they are summers, I'm surprised people weren't complaining about it as people are always complaining when they get the Pirelli summers on their MYPs instead of the alternative Michelin Pilot Sport A/S.

Thanks for the info. Are they A/S or Summer tires? I had always assumed they were A/S but when I googled them it seems they are summers.

If they are summers, I'm surprised people weren't complaining about it as people are always complaining when they get the Pirelli summers on their MYPs instead of the alternative Michelin Pilot Sport A/S.
It shows M+S on the side and made in USA.

I just double checked and it shows asymmetric 5, so the above ones are on my LRMY. Does this help?

PXL_20230302_195742419.jpg

Last edited:
i never checked to see if i got one.

will it be with the plate holder and stuff in the trunk?

didn't even bother to look through that stuff yet.
I don't really remember, but I think so. It would make sense for all the extra stuff to be collocated so new owners don't have to search the entire car for their equipment. Two exceptions would be the cargo cover (in rear) and tow hook (in frunk).

Isn't it possible to get a VIN for an existing order if you find the exact same config in another state that hasn't even shipped there yet? I tried that this morning and even though they said it was possible on the 888 number they said my local showroom had to do it. When I texted them they said no they could not do that. Is that correct? Should I keep trying to get another SA at the main 888 number? I ordered on 1-22 with ODD of 4/1-5/8 and I see one heading to a showroom... Grrr.

Reactions: Yomanjm
Isn't it possible to get a VIN for an existing order if you find the exact same config in another state that hasn't even shipped there yet? I tried that this morning and even though they said it was possible on the 888 number they said my local showroom had to do it. When I texted them they said no they could not do that. Is that correct? Should I keep trying to get another SA at the main 888 number? I ordered on 1-22 with ODD of 4/1-5/8 and I see one heading to a showroom... Grrr.
There are restrictions on cross boarder purchase as Tesla sells directly to the customer and different states have contracts that do not allow to purchase from other states. See the screenshot below. I can find a Tesla in Columbus OH that is eligible only for certain states.
Screenshot 2023-03-02 at 3.10.43 PM.png