Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From the IRS website, the $7500 rebate has been extended to 2032 according to "The Inflation Reduction Act of 2022". But Tesla's website still shows March 31st. I'm not sure what is going to change in Tesla.

What will change this month is the criteria for a car to classify for the rebate.

From the IRS website, the $7500 rebate has been extended to 2032 according to "The Inflation Reduction Act of 2022". But Tesla's website still shows March 31st. I'm not sure what is going to change in Tesla.

They will continue this until 2032. However, it is up to the manufacturer to make their cars eligible for full credit by fulfilling the conditions laid down by IRS and by March 31st we expect to have clearer conditions for the eligibility. That is why March 31st keeps popping up everywhere

Reactions: HitchHiker71
We just picked up yesterday in Fremont, MYLR/MSM/5 seat. No issue OD 01/28.
I was scheduled for delivery on 3/22 after receiving my vin on 3/19. I got a call and text to reschedule to 3/26.

MYLR is coming from Austin (yes it is odd) but the car was likely traveling with SoCal deliveries (assuming as my car was still in LA- just wanted to make sure delay was due to damage). I'm waiting to hear from SC for delivery confirmation for Sunday or sooner. Car is due to arrive today. Tic tok...

Anyone with a 1/15 OD and no vin?
OD 1/18 with no VIN, no coming soon texts, no Tesla vision texts.

MYLR W/B 19" No Options
OD - Push order button 1/17 PM, Order agreement date 1/18
EDD1 - January to March
EDD2 - February 8 - March 31
EDD3 - March 6 - March 31
EDD 4 Updated 3/4 - March 27 - 31
EDD 5 Updated 3/12 - March 28 - 31
EDD 6 Updated 3/22 - April 5 - May 3
No Text for 1-2 week VIN alert
VIN not assigned
Location - Las Vegas, NV

Reactions: LetsGoElectric
Regarding removal of USS to eventually introduce Tesla Vision:

Just got this update notification for my MY and plan to update sometime today + test tomorrow:
Screenshot_20230324-153117.png

Hello all - looks like my car arrived earlier than expected. Can someone please share checklist for model y for inspection during delivery as well as what we can expect from Fremont build, matrix lights, front mud flaps?? And anything else?

Your advice is appreciated!
Do a google search for Model Y checklist. You''ll find multiple sources. Also some good Youtube videos. Good Luck and Congrats!

Reactions: kaplan143
I had a huge gap on the top of the bumper on the passenger's side when the car was delivered.
I brough the car to get PPF'd right after picking up the car. I scheduled the SC to fix my bumper gap today and they did an ok job fixing it. Some members here were wondering if the SC would give me troubles due to the car has been PPF'd. The SC didn't give me any trouble and he even gave me a compliment on how cool my car looks with the Xpel Stealth on it. LOL

Reactions: geekfam
Hello all - looks like my car arrived earlier than expected. Can someone please share checklist for model y for inspection during delivery as well as what we can expect from Fremont build, matrix lights, front mud flaps?? And anything else?

Your advice is appreciated!
Websites:
Pdf:
Good luck!

Websites:
Pdf:
Good luck!
Thanks all!
And what about Fremont build - do they have matrix lights, mud flaps (front I believe) and rear ppf, cargo mat? Anything else I’m missing?

Similar to what people have said, it's predicted the M3 probably loses federal tax credit whereas the MY should be fine and retain the full federal tax credit past March:
The same article later on says, "As for Tesla’s other Model Y and Model 3 vehicles in the US, they are expected to retain access to the full tax credit as they are using battery cells built by Tesla or Panasonic in Nevada, California, or Texas." Losing the credit only applies to Fremont Model 3s. This is a Model Y forum so hopefully we are all good here.

Reactions: geekfam
Thanks all!
And what about Fremont build - do they have matrix lights, mud flaps (front I believe) and rear ppf, cargo mat? Anything else I’m missing?
Fremont comes with matrix lights. Both Fremont and Austin come with a trunk cargo cover (there have been recent reports of a new magnetic cargo cover that people are receiving so you may possibly get that).

Mud flaps and rear PPF depends on your state I believe. I live in NJ and did NOT receive mud flaps or rear PPF. However, I did order OEM Mud flaps from Tesla and installed them myself.

Reactions: kaplan143
Since I'm closing in on my DD next week I've been reviewing many sources for delivery inspection ideas. Now this is the first new car I've purchased in, oh say, 40 years. I am amazed how detailed the consumer feels they need to be based on Tesla's quality build reputation. Would any other mfg get this sort of scrutiny? Despite the build quality reputation, we are all clamoring to get our hands on these beasts! Oh and what about looks? I've convinced myself this car is attractive, no strike that, beautiful, in a 'Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall" kind of way! (No offense to all Model Y owners (and wannabe owners.... but Im guessing you know what I mean). Oh and I know I'm going to love it, without even seeing it.... yet). Best of luck to all of us!

I am amazed how detailed the consumer feels they need to be based on Tesla's quality build reputation. Would any other mfg get this sort of scrutiny?

Your spot on. We have taken delivery of a MY and M3 and this forum had me so worried and anxious with the extreme detail of these checklist. Both cars were great. Problem is I started looking at all cars with the super detailed eye and found our Chevy and my dads Lexus and Honda were both "bad" build quality using the Tesla standard. I have never looked at a new car with such "lets find all the flaws" in 35 years of car buying.