Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Getting in the back of the Model Y line…

Ordered 4/4/2023
Model Y Performance
Deep Blue/White interior
5 seat

Looking over the thread I am not optimistic about the estimated delivery date shown on the app. 😔
Pretty sure there's no line. There's people who ordered mid January here who haven't gotten their cars yet, and people who ordered mid/late March who have gotten their cars already. As far as I can tell, placing an order just puts you in the Tesla lotto system. You could get a VIN tomorrow or it could be months. It's nuts.

Although performance models seem to come a lot quicker.

What was the original EDD? I assume Apr-Jun 2023 and when you upgraded, it still shows the same? Does your order show MYP over MYLR though?

I did the exact same thing about a week ago too (and we're both from Vancouver) and went from Apr-Jun 2023 to Apr 2023 so not sure which of ours is the most accurate reflection of where things lie.
Originally was Apr-Jun and it updated to May 27 to July 8th and it's sitting there still. Keep us posted on how yours progresses! I think we even have the same configuration... :D

Originally was Apr-Jun and it updated to May 27 to July 8th and it's sitting there still. Keep us posted on how yours progresses! I think we even have the same configuration... :D

That's so weird. I just read another Vancouverite place an order for a MYP and his EDD right off the bat is Apr 2023. I'd definitely talk to your SA again and find out whether your upgrade has been properly reflected in their system. Seems kind of odd.

According to Waiting For Tesla:

0 - 100 miles

$0​

100.000001 - 500 miles

$500​

500.000001 - 1000 miles

$1,000​

1000.000001 - 2500 miles

$2,000​

2500.000001 - 1000000 miles

$2,500​

Thanks. I thought I saw that but have read that it may not be accurate. I guess I will wait a little bit to see if I get a VIN today. Looked at mileage and just over 1000 miles so may be $1000 to transport. I would consider if only $500.

That's so weird. I just read another Vancouverite place an order for a MYP and his EDD right off the bat is Apr 2023. I'd definitely talk to your SA again and find out whether your upgrade has been properly reflected in their system. Seems kind of odd.
For sure. Have texted numerous times and have just been told "we know that waiting is challenging." Maybe I'll bug them again today as still no update and its day 8. Hmm...

Asked to schedule delivery at 9am. 4/13 (second day option). Fingers cross for a good build!
Hey Doc!! Well... looks like you car is a Dime a Dozen now at PDX. LOL!! 🙃

1681144108087.png

cheers!

beewang

Attachments

• 1681144088111.png
    1681144088111.png
    250.2 KB · Views: 62
I made my last trip to the gas station for a weekly fill-up today before picking the Tesla up in a few days. This is beginning to get real. I've been buying gasoline at least once every week for decades. I'll still have to fill-up my Miata and gas can for my lawn mower every few months, though.

Since my brother-in-law will also be taking delivery soon, I installed his wall connector yesterday in exchange for a ride to Dallas so I can take delivery this week. I got everything done except for the 60-amp breaker - nobody has any in stock around here so I'll have to order one tomorrow. Lots of folks must be installing EV chargers because there are no 60-amps breakers of any brand in stock around here - there are all other sizes, but no 60s!
LOL!! I've been all electric for the last 5 years. Been laughing at the schmoks lining up at costco for cheap gas for just as long. Welcome to Zero Emmision Roge!!

cheers,

beewang