Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I called the NJ number which got routed to the Regional Call center. Was told by the representative who's been fielding similar calls all day that I should have received an email from [email protected], after my VIN was assigned, to docusign on the rebate forms. I told him that I received no such email. Checked junk/spam folders... Nothing. The representative also suggested that I wouldn't qualify since I'm taking delivery after April 17th. I told him that's not what the NJ press release stated. So basically, I'm going to have to duke it out at the Princeton SC at the time of delivery and see how things go. I'm not too hopeful. Does put a damper on DD, after the long wait.

MYLR White/Black 19" No tow
OD: 1/23
Original EDD: 3/2-3/31 EDD2: 3/18-3/31 EDD3: 3/31-5/5 EDD4: 4/17-5/15; VIN assigned 4/12. DD scheduled for 4/18
How did your Delivery go , did they honored $ 2000 NJ incentive rebate??
My delivery is on 04/21

Reactions: erktrek
Does anyone have experience trading in a vehicle with Tesla? I got my offer, $4100, and its a low ball compared to Carmax's $4400 or KBB "private party" of $6000 but to me its just easier to trade in with Tesla for the $4100. My question is about condition. Do I need to detail the interior in order to prevent them from dropping the trade on arrival (SC is 3 hour drive)? It was a family car for 13 year and as such thee inside has seen better days. Just wondering if I tidy it up, or let it ride.... 2011 Toyota Sienna. Decent body damage, interior is nothing to live for, 180k miles. Runs like a champ though.

Can anyone confirm the proper process for getting a vehicle out of inventory when one is on order, and transferring it to your original order as to not have to pay the $250 order deposit twice? I've read about people doing this by calling the delivery center, but curious if anyone knows for sure what the correct way to do it is? I'm stalking inventory and will strike quickly if I see something pop up that matches my build, and would prefer to not have to lose out on the original $250 deposit already paid.
Accelerated delivery button will appear on your manage order website if any available.

• Informative
Reactions: suprax and erktrek
Well, you should qualify. You ordered before April 17th and took delivery before May 1st. May 1st is the cutoff for dealers to apply for the rebate back and in turn provide that upfront rebate in NJ to you. I would call your SA.

my edd is tomorrow morning 4/18, here in NJ, and the app just showed me now I owe another 2k!!! The press release from NJ implies that orders through 4/17 at 9pm would keep the 2k if paperwork is in by May 1st. No idea what’s going to happen at the dealer tomorrow. Will be chaos.
Here's my update. the TL,DR is - i picked up the car and paid an extra 2k.

Showed up at the Springfield NJ for vehicle pickup this morning. Pushed about the 2k rebate issue with several of the SAs at the counter (each one had a different made up story that didn't help). Talked to the sales manager, who said he'd look into things and eventually just told me to reach out to the tesla rebates group email address (which gave me the same nonsensical answer it gave everyone else). I then spoke with the delivery manager, and was making the point that i had reached out to the service center multiple times over the week prior to try and pick up the car yesterday instead but no one ever answered the phone or got back to me. I expressed how frustrated i was that if they had just let me pick up the car Monday, they would have saved me 2k. she listened but wasn't going to do anything about it. I contemplated delaying the delivery for a few days (which she said she could do) to see if something gets sorted out with this rebate. Eventually i just caved and took delivery rather than prolong the annoyance. Car had a couple of minor marks they buffed out on the spot but otherwise looked good.

Still pissed about the 2k and hate the tesla customer service experience but the car is amazing. hopefully this does get resolved but i wouldn't hold out much hope.

Showed up at the Springfield NJ for vehicle pickup this morning. Pushed about the 2k rebate issue with several of the SAs at the counter (each one had a different made up story that didn't help). Talked to the sales manager, who said he'd look into things and eventually just told me to reach out to the tesla rebates group email address (which gave me the same nonsensical answer it gave everyone else). I then spoke with the delivery manager, and was making the point that i had reached out to the service center multiple times over the week prior to try and pick up the car yesterday instead but no one ever answered the phone or got back to me. I expressed how frustrated i was that if they had just let me pick up the car Monday, they would have saved me 2k. she listened but wasn't going to do anything about it. I contemplated delaying the delivery for a few days (which she said she could do) to see if something gets sorted out with this rebate. Eventually i just caved and took delivery rather than prolong the annoyance. Car had a couple of minor marks they buffed out on the spot but otherwise looked good.

Still pissed about the 2k and hate the tesla customer service experience but the car is amazing. hopefully this does get resolved but i wouldn't hold out much hope.
After hearing about all this NJ rebate chaos I have changed my opinion about the rebates at point of sale being a good thing. I'm happy to submit on my own and get a rebate check in the mail. Tesla is obviously not motivated to ensure customers secure their rebates:

Model Y New Price:

1681875951591.png

This story just gets better and better. Now after paying 2k extra and picking up the car today, Tesla just dropped the price 3k later the same day! I’m gonna go nuts on them.

Wow, I predicted price drops to be very soon but didn't expect large amounts like these. That NJ charge up rebate program would've made these a steal but they unfortunately ran out of funding for 2023. Luckily for the NJ buyers who haven't picked up yet, the new price is better than getting the old price w/ the $2k NJ rebate.

This means that Tesla can lower prices even more for later quarters??? I think MYSR can go down to $44,990 and MYLR down to $47,990 or even less. I guess Tesla's profit margin is just that great.

MYSR = $46,990
MYLR = $49,990
MYP = $53,990

M3 SR RWD is also now $39,990

Reactions: Skunis
Has Tesla done another price drop? I was just looking and it seems the MYP is now $4K less than what we paid a month ago!?
Yep. We obviously won't see that money lol so that's why a lot of people move on from these forums after picking up their vehicle. Tesla will probably lower it some more in the later quarters (especially the MYSR and M3SR RWD) so there's definitely more to come.

Hey guys I’m new to the Tesla world.
MY LR Blue Exterior White interior no tow
OD: 4/14
ED: April-June
No VIN
The price recently dropped and I was wondering if the price will also drop for my configuration.
Tomorrow morning or so it will probably update on your end to reflect the new price/discount.

Yep. We obviously won't see that money lol so that's why a lot of people move on from these forums after picking up their vehicle. Tesla will probably lower it some more in the later quarters (especially the MYSR and M3SR RWD) so there's definitely more to come.

Tomorrow morning or so it will probably update on your end to reflect the new price/discount.
If the price goes back up, will it go back up for my configuration as well?