Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It certainly does but we still should be getting that rebate if they would have followed the process and reserved the money when we ordered. Do I sound bitter? Lol. Happy with the decrease don’t get me wrong.
I agree 100%! We should be getting a car starting at $47990. Wonder if a consumer affairs complaint in NJ would do anything? I know from experience that BBB won't as Tesla is not a member and does not respond to them.

Reactions: imgcs and erktrek
Model Y New Price:

View attachment 929781

Ouch. A week after delivery. This is what I get for getting impatient and switching to an inventory car instead of waiting for mine to arrive. I just cost myself $3,000! :)

I sure am glad money grows on trees and I've got so much of it that I shred it and use it as packing material. NOT!

My brother-in-law's delivery date was scheduled for yesterday, but because the vehicle was shipped to the wrong location (which actually worked out in his favor because it's much closer), he has to wait a couple of days for new temporary tags to arrive. I guess he'll be happy when he hears the news. 😐

Ouch. A week after delivery. This is what I get for getting impatient and switching to an inventory car instead of waiting for mine to arrive. I just cost myself $3,000! :)

I sure am glad money grows on trees and I've got so much of it that I shred it and use it as packing material. NOT!

My brother-in-law's delivery date was scheduled for yesterday, but because the vehicle was shipped to the wrong location (which actually worked out in his favor because it's much closer), he has to wait a couple of days for new temporary tags to arrive. I guess he'll be happy when he hears the news. 😐
Even more painful he will probably never let you live it down... 😣

Nope. You always get the lower price. If the price goes up, you stay at your current lower price. If the price goes down again, you get the lower price. Once you take delivery of your car, you don't get anything if they increase/decrease the prices again.

Some people last year paid like $66,990 for MYLR and now it's at $49,990 so those people are SOL aside from having a great car.
One of the main reasons I didn't/couldn't buy a MYLR last year.

Reactions: Skunis
Got VIN and Edd update last night

OD 2/2 EDD 5/1-5/10. Pick up in Norfolk VA

Posting this for @Skunis...

puruttya-fuhhh.gif

Interesting - checked my email (and the app) and I'm not seeing a line item discount or any indication of new price. Car is scheduled to be picked up this Saturday and I have NOT made the final payment yet.

Edit: Found the email.
Interestingly enough, the email from Tesla shows the old price but the app shows the new $3k cheaper price. I'm going with what's in the app as that's what I'd have to pay....

After hearing about all this NJ rebate chaos I have changed my opinion about the rebates at point of sale being a good thing. I'm happy to submit on my own and get a rebate check in the mail. Tesla is obviously not motivated to ensure customers secure their rebates:
This has nothing to do with Tesla. It has to do with allocated funds running out. You couldn't have filed for the rebate until the process was completed under your scenario, so you still would be out.

You knew this when you ordered the car, I knew that I could lose the $2K when i ordered the car. I ran into the funds issue in 2021 and missed out on $5K, and i was on pins and needles for the $2K this year until I saw my approval end of last week, almost two months after my delivery. So I won one and lost one.

• Disagree
Reactions: LetsGoElectric
Accelerated delivery button will appear on your manage order website if any available.
I also called Tesla yesterday and confirmed with the sales advisor that an existing $250 deposit fee paid on an order cannot be applied to another vehicle that may be found in inventory. He said Tesla has changed logistics since 2021 when I bought mine, and the inventory cars HAVE to be going to the same delivery center that I'm going to in order to take delivery, otherwise they are unable to redirect or move them to the other delivery center for me. Even if it's 30 mins or an hour away.

He also claimed that it can't be possible for a vehicle to appear in inventory that matches my exact build and same delivery center. He said that car would automatically be matched to my existing order. I'm suspicious of this but 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: rjackey
Got an updated order email but it still had the old price - same if I visit the website. I've texted the SA number to ask them to fix.
Similar for me. The "new" order agreement I received today was no different. However, the financing details - both in the app and online - were updated to reflect the new lower cost. I'm optimistic, but curious to hear what you and others find out.

Reactions: LetsGoElectric