Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: "Powerwall +"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm ordering 16.32 KW panels and 4 PW but no way to specify PW+. The advisor said my system is too big for PW+. They have only tested PW+ for the 8.16 KW system. Apparently that's not very true. Someone on this thread said they have 12.24 KW with 2 PW+. Can anyone comment on this issue?
That info is incorrect, they told me teh same thing at first. I have a 12.24kw system with 2 Powerwall+.

• Informative
Reactions: SmartElectric
Yes, others are also being downgraded myself included. There is another thread with reports:

I have a 12.24 kW system with 2 Powerwall+ units

They haven't been paired or configured correctly since install last month but I received a text saying 1 of them needs service and Tesla phone support said it was a low coolant alarm. Not super impressed with Tesla's customer support or their products. I believe my install/system isnt typical but it really makes you mad to spend so much money and have then **** up at every step of the way. Currently waiting for a call back from them to schedule a service call for the low coolant and waiting for a call back from Tier 2 support about reporting/pairing issues with my Powerwall+ units. I call every other day since they have not once called me as they stated they would.
I had a site visit today by Tesla. The rep told me that my current plan (which I can't see on the web yet) specifies 2 PW2 and 2 PW+. He suggested to request for 4 PW+ when the official plan is released to me before signing the contract. I'd imagine that 2 PW2 and 2 PW+ will have bigger 'pairing' problem.

I had a site visit today by Tesla. The rep told me that my current plan (which I can't see on the web yet) specifies 2 PW2 and 2 PW+. He suggested to request for 4 PW+ when the official plan is released to me before signing the contract. I'd imagine that 2 PW2 and 2 PW+ will have bigger 'pairing' problem.
I got my Full Plan Set from Tesla today. It specifies 2 PW+ and 2 PW2.1 (3012170-05-B). After some google searches, it seems like it's the normal 4 PW configuration. The Tesla 4 PW picture shows 4 big boxes and 2 small boxes. I'm guessing the one-big/one-small box is called PW+, and the single big box is called PW2.1.

I got my Full Plan Set from Tesla today. It specifies 2 PW+ and 2 PW2.1 (3012170-05-B). After some google searches, it seems like it's the normal 4 PW configuration. The Tesla 4 PW picture shows 4 big boxes and 2 small boxes. I'm guessing the one-big/one-small box is called PW+, and the single big box is called PW2.1.
Actually, if you look at the labels you'll see the PW & Inverter combo referred to as a PW 2.5 and a PW+, depending on which label you read.

Is that something that we mere mortals can access?
Unfortunately no, it's for Certified Installers only.

They didn't mention PG&E approval, so I assume they do not approve this yet.

They did provide compliance packages so that installers could reach out to the utilities themselves, and see if we can help get approval.

The general design is really great, but the devil will be in the details. For instance, when the generation meter adapter (GMA) came out PGE basically made it so restrictive that it will be rarely used.

I suspect this Backup Switch will be the same case, unfortunately. This is another product that takes away a revenue stream from PGE, service upgrades and swaps will be required less often if the backup switch is approved.

• Informative
Reactions: jhn_
I have a 12.24 kW system with 2 Powerwall+ units

They haven't been paired or configured correctly since install last month but I received a text saying 1 of them needs service and Tesla phone support said it was a low coolant alarm. Not super impressed with Tesla's customer support or their products. I believe my install/system isnt typical but it really makes you mad to spend so much money and have then **** up at every step of the way. Currently waiting for a call back from them to schedule a service call for the low coolant and waiting for a call back from Tier 2 support about reporting/pairing issues with my Powerwall+ units. I call every other day since they have not once called me as they stated they would.
Have you gotten this resolved?
I just had my install (same system as you) and they could not commission properly. Being told new firmware will be released 7/26 to resolve my issue.

Have you gotten this resolved?
I just had my install (same system as you) and they could not commission properly. Being told new firmware will be released 7/26 to resolve my issue.
My system appears to be working, still waiting on PTO, after getting updated to 21.20.3. I was briefly on 21.20.4-RC1-WR1 and that seemed to fixed the pairing issue and then they downgraded my firmware to 21.20.3 that I'm on today.

Reactions: SilverSp33d3r
My system appears to be working, still waiting on PTO, after getting updated to 21.20.3. I was briefly on 21.20.4-RC1-WR1 and that seemed to fixed the pairing issue and then they downgraded my firmware to 21.20.3 that I'm on today.
Thanks. I wonder how long it will take them to do that for me. Do you have a backup gateway2 also?

right now my app shows powerwall 3x

Attachments

• AE30DD13-6CA9-40CF-A234-263FE8CD12A3.jpeg
    AE30DD13-6CA9-40CF-A234-263FE8CD12A3.jpeg
    75.1 KB · Views: 90
I put in a 12.24 Kw and 2 Powerwall+ system in june and still waiting for PTO. I realized that only one Powerwall was lit, so i put in a call to tesla and they came out. After 4 hrs of troubleshooting they said the inverter on the Powerwall that was not lit needs to be replaced. They mentioned it will be a few weeks to get in the inverter.

I put in a 12.24 Kw and 2 Powerwall+ system in june and still waiting for PTO. I realized that only one Powerwall was lit, so i put in a call to tesla and they came out. After 4 hrs of troubleshooting they said the inverter on the Powerwall that was not lit needs to be replaced. They mentioned it will be a few weeks to get in the inverter.
Interesting,
I have same system and both inverters are not working currently. Tesla claims it will be a firmware update to fix the issue. Trouble is the Powerwalls are discharging about 5% each day and are now down to 10%. I hope they get it sorted out as they are doing the final inspection Monday.