Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Tesla Energy / Auto Customer Service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is been down for six month since April. They sent out crew were unable to fix multiple times and system still down. Tesla keep dragging and sending FSC who don't really know anything each time. I lost whole summer of production when I paid over 60k for this system. What can I do???????

Assuming you got the system from Tesla, did they find any failed components so far? If it's a failed SolarEdge inverter then it maybe possible for you to contact SE directly to get faster response/replacement.

Thinking about getting Tesla solar and Powerwalls! Was hoping to get feedback on the customer support experience around that after and during installation. Especially since energy seems like the less resourced side of the business.
  • What has been your experience so far?
  • Has support changed over time (for the better or for the worse)?
  • Is it mostly chat support?
  • What kinds of things do you contact support for?
  • What else do I need to know?
Really want to rely less on the grid but would want support available to me if I was going to pay a lot of money to do that.
Don't do it.

Don't do it.
My system has been down since January 23,2022. Probably more than 50 calls with an average wait time of 30 minutes. Misinformation, lack of information, lies, refusal of support and no prioritization for customer situation severity. Lack of parts and no sevice strategy in general. An example of this is Tesla policy not to stock service part including single point of failure components.

My experience says to run as fast as possible. I would not do it again.

• Informative
Reactions: vickh and cali8484
As a customer of both Tesla Energy vs Auto Customer Service are two different animals, related though with subtle cultural differences

For example Energy has emails vs Chat/phone only in Auto.

I like emails for non urgent CSR issues so I have a trail for escalations (which are necessary for any exceptions with TSLA)

I just got a text saying someone will be out to see my panels on Oct 27. Now almost 4 wks since contacting them. My power production graph has been funky as well. Not a smooth bell curve anymore. I did mention this when I contacted CS. Not heard back about this. Getting to be frustrating that there is no sensible communication line.

Attachments

• 7802FDA2-BDFA-497D-8F2A-DCC2123AE06F.jpeg
    7802FDA2-BDFA-497D-8F2A-DCC2123AE06F.jpeg
    53.9 KB · Views: 71
  • 87CDC69F-D26B-4236-8B30-6061600D58D5.png
    87CDC69F-D26B-4236-8B30-6061600D58D5.png
    136.2 KB · Views: 45
@Black306 Sounds like my experience. I'm supposed to have my second site survey in 10 min because they didn't get all the info they needed the first time and they just sent me a cancellation notification 30 min ago. WTF. Now I'm stuck waiting to see if they can get someone else out today or if they're going to have to reschedule for 10 million days into the future. Took the day off. Confirmed yesterday that all is cool. They keep jerking my survey dates around. This is like the 4th time that they've flaked out on an appt - but at least they had the decency to do it at least a week ahead of time on the others. Been trying for 2 months now to get past the site survey phase.

Trying to roll with the punches, but this experience is getting beyond ridiculous.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Vines
Tesla changed the service call to today, Oct 31 (from 27). Technician came, said, he was updating my system with a device, which is placed in the main panel, apparently communicates with Tesla to monitor my system. Then, he wanted me to give him my WiFi PW, which I will NOT, have never done it in the past. He wanted to get my guest network PW, which I presently do not have active. I thought, let me make it active and then change the PW after he is done, for which, he said that the system will not communicate if I do that. What *sugar* show is this? Is this even remotely normal?
I am still stuck with my original issue, displaced panels after installation, absolutely no progress on that front. I fully expected crappy customer service, which I am getting. Now going to call customer service to find out about the panel issue.

Hmmm I know Tesla uses WiFi or even a hard-wire for Powerwall systems, I don’t think anyone on TMC has ever voiced an issue about this. Maybe things are different now with Elon being a bit more influenced by novel agents. I’d say ******* money but then I’d probably be banned lolol.

But yeah, Enphase systems communicate with the installer though their own cellular modules. Tesla being the low-cost-leader uses your home network.

Tesla changed the service call to today, Oct 31 (from 27). Technician came, said, he was updating my system with a device, which is placed in the main panel, apparently communicates with Tesla to monitor my system. Then, he wanted me to give him my WiFi PW, which I will NOT, have never done it in the past. He wanted to get my guest network PW, which I presently do not have active. I thought, let me make it active and then change the PW after he is done, for which, he said that the system will not communicate if I do that. What *sugar* show is this? Is this even remotely normal?
I am still stuck with my original issue, displaced panels after installation, absolutely no progress on that front. I fully expected crappy customer service, which I am getting. Now going to call customer service to find out about the panel issue.
When I had Powerwalls and TEG. installed I gave the tech a temp password that I had set on the guest network. After they left I logged into the the TEG and changed it to the main network and password and reverted the guest network password.

Hmmm I know Tesla uses WiFi or even a hard-wire for Powerwall systems, I don’t think anyone on TMC has ever voiced an issue about this. Maybe things are different now with Elon being a bit more influenced by novel agents. I’d say ******* money but then I’d probably be banned lolol.

But yeah, Enphase systems communicate with the installer though their own cellular modules. Tesla being the low-cost-leader uses your home network.
The TEG had a 3G/4G LTE modem in it that takes over it the Wi-Fi or hard wired Ethernet connection isn't working. So basically the same.