Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Disenrolling or un-enrolling from the Beta button and Safety Score tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those of you that do not have a perfect 100 safety score and have not gotten the 10.2 Beta software download, has anyone unenrolled from the Safety Scoring and tracking? Is it even possible to do? Can you re-enroll later on?

I thought, incorrectly, that we'd have to drive ultra-cautiously for only 1 week. But, here we are still being tracked after almost 3 weeks and it's getting old.

FYI- I have a score of 95, after getting an 87 on the first day, and modifying my driving since then. I don't enjoy driving this way. I am not arguing the pros and cons of this scoring, just wondering if I can unenroll for a month, then reenroll once they start releasing this to us non-100%ers.

For those of you that do not have a perfect 100 safety score and have not gotten the 10.2 Beta software download, has anyone unenrolled from the Safety Scoring and tracking? Is it even possible to do? Can you re-enroll later on?

I thought, incorrectly, that we'd have to drive ultra-cautiously for only 1 week. But, here we are still being tracked after almost 3 weeks and it's getting old.

FYI- I have a score of 95, after getting an 87 on the first day, and modifying my driving since then. I don't enjoy driving this way. I am not arguing the pros and cons of this scoring, just wondering if I can unenroll for a month, then reenroll once they start releasing this to us non-100%ers.
Yes simply push the infamous button under autopilot again to unenroll. Go back to enjoying your car again.

I couldn’t find it, but there was a post from someone whom said they drive to Canada which caused the score to vanish after some time, and when they came back it came back on but the history was reset.

Oh and there was a mention that someone believes the history is for 30 days. Ie your low day should vanish once enough time has passed. So ya, maybe unenroll and coming back later would work.

Anyone know if that button will stay there if I unenroll, and allow me to re-enroll in a day, week, or month?

I unenrolled and then re-enrolled a day later but existing history was maintained. I have a 91 score and I am about to give up. I am getting tired of making 5 MPH turns and staying 6 car lengths away from other cars to make sure I don't have to hit the brake and get dinged.

I unenrolled and then re-enrolled a day later but existing history was maintained. I have a 91 score and I am about to give up. I am getting tired of making 5 MPH turns and staying 6 car lengths away from other cars to make sure I don't have to hit the brake and get dinged.
Did you drive inbetween unenrolling and re-enrolling? Just wondering if the car is still being scored during that time.

Yes, It most likely only did not monitor the trip I took when I unenrolled. I honestly did not pay too much attention. I was hoping it would just start over but that did not happen.
Thanks. I’d like to unenroll to preserve my score for a day or 2 so I can enjoy driving the car again. I can’t believe I’m letting this safety score thing mess with me.

Since you're going to un-enroll now can you try an experiment?

Can you try un-enrolling, and enrolling selectively.

Basically un-enroll before you go on a drive where you know it will mess up your safety score.
Then enroll again when that drive is over.
Maybe go on a few drives to improve your score while enrolled.

Just keep doing that where you only allow it to collect data on good drives.

You have about a week or two to improve your score to 99.

Reactions: Sporty
Screenshot_20211013-204345.png
Have to keep this up for at least 9 more days 😵‍💫💔

You might as well stop caring. At 95, you’re not getting it until 2035.
It's true, everything with Elon is conjecture. Maybe it will go out to the 99's in "two weeks" or maybe never. Tesla might have all the data it can handle with the addition of the 100 crowd. I am on the fence about whether to throw in the towel (with a 97) or hang in there. I absolutely HATE driving the car this way. It's not any safer. It let's people roll through stop signs, red lights, and speed, but god forbid you use regen braking to stop or take an exit ramp like anything other than a Prius in limp-mode.

Well, if you don't want to unenroll...and I should have done this when I figured this out the first day and others started to confirm, just perform a 2 button reset of the system the last few miles on your way to your destination on each trip if needed. It won't record the drive after you do that. I know, it takes 3-4 minutes for that process to entirely happen almost...but you don't have to unenroll, and now I'm selectively rebooting based on events of what happened during the drive. If I think it might knock me due to it's stupidity with braking because a vision car has no depth perception and slams the brakes on or bad regen......I just two button it. Some parts of my commute I know I have no control over the maniacs and my scored will get dinged. So I will two button it, reboot, and sometimes pull of to the side/parking lot, stop/park get out of the car, let it lock. Get back in and start the rest of my drive...and low and behold!!!! A 100 the last 5-6 miles of the trip.

If the trip was casual and nothing happened, just let it ride and hope it didn't think something stupid happened. Which so far, it been all 100s and no registering of any events at all.

Is this any fun? No, but if I want to drive normal this is how it has been going lately.

Game on TSLA!!!!! But that is for the other thread :)

TSLA is going to be wondering why all of these cars are rebooting all the time several times a day with the two button...they obviously know...maybe that will work against me in the end?!?! I Know they know...but will they care? Doubtful, they said it is all about the flawed scoring system.