Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

DIY Big Brake Kit with Brembo 6 piston Calipers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My daughter wanted to help me with the rear brakes, so we installed the MPP slotted rotors and gave the car a good ONR wash together.

Attachments

• PXL_20220730_220233405.jpg
    PXL_20220730_220233405.jpg
    973.9 KB · Views: 215
My daughter wanted to help me with the rear brakes, so we installed the MPP slotted rotors and gave the car a good ONR wash together.
Looks awesome and congrats. Part of me wishes I didn’t get the 365 bbk. Still on the fence bc I’ve seen the 394mm UPP brakes in person and let’s just say it is real nutty. I wish try drop the rear matching brake rotors bc my OCD would kill me.

Need to make an adapter for the calipers and we can go get a another group buy with girodisc for 394mm rotors 🔥🔥🔥
I’m sure if someone can machine a similar adapter to other current BBK on the market that would be a hot seller.

It really sucks that only rotora has found out a way to do rear BBK with integrated EPB. It might be patented tbh bc no one else has their rear 4/6 piston caliper with it. The EPB is separate 🫤

Upp hats / rotors are definitely not as pretty as Girodisc. I do love the bluish / purple titanium hue. Need @jesse_le or @emotiveeng to get Girodisc to make a 380mm (or bigger) steel or CCB. That would be 🔥🔥🔥.

If you’re running stock rotors RN this is a no brainer upgrade.
No adapter would be possible to move the chosen CTS-V caliper 10mm. The metal would be too thin and result in failure. We ran into this problem with inexpensive but powerful Porsche calipers in the Volvo tuning community back in the day.

Need a completely different caliper with shorter mounting tabs. I believe the newest Corvette and CTS-V calipers might be possible for that. Either that, or source 6 pot Brembo calipers with the over-the-top mounting holes like the MPP StopTech calipers.

Status
Not open for further replies.