Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

DIY Big Brake Kit with Brembo 6 piston Calipers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought ERA 2k red caliper paint to cover the Corvette logo. It appears to be a close match to the factory Brembo red, but in the event it's not perfect, only the caliper face will have the off color.

I applied about 6 coats of paint, and once this is cured I'll wet sand and polish the face for a mirror finish.

Attachments

• PXL_20220522_211731710.jpg
    PXL_20220522_211731710.jpg
    357.3 KB · Views: 453
Cured and polished up.

White Tesla decals to match the factory rear calipers? White Brembo decals? Leave them blank?
If it were me, I'd probably go with Tesla decals.

Edit: How do I get in on the girodisc group buy if possible? And will I eventually be able to buy replacement rotors from girodisc or is this a one off?

Last edited:
If it were me, I'd probably go with Tesla decals.

Edit: How do I get in on the girodisc group buy if possible? And will I eventually be able to buy replacement rotors from girodisc or is this a one off?
Send a message to @jesse_le to see if you can still get in on the rotor upgrade.

Regarding replacement rings, Girodisc is making this so that we just need to buy their 370mm rotor rings.

@Lindenwood - this similar to what RB offers, but with Girodisc reputation and cheaper as well. I haven’t checked recently, but their offering was 1800 vs 1200.

We have fulfilled the first round, but happy to facilitate another one.

Currently there are 2 that are interested and would need another 3 to get it going again.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lindenwood
@Lindenwood - this similar to what RB offers, but with Girodisc reputation and cheaper as well. I haven’t checked recently, but their offering was 1800 vs 1200.

We have fulfilled the first round, but happy to facilitate another one.

Currently there are 2 that are interested and would need another 3 to get it going again.
We, as well as your "Group" buyers are keenly to know if you are a forum vender? who are Girodisc and how you are related to them, and why you kept using RB as a reference to your sales activities here?

We, as well as your "Group" buyers are keenly to know if you are a forum vender? who are Girodisc and how you are related to them, and why you kept using RB as a reference to your sales activities here?
It’s interesting you jump on this thread yet haven’t responded to this one. Post #549.

Btw on the FB groups and here the members that did RB brakes were not happy with them…since we are all being transparent. 🤷‍♂️

B8CC9BBB-25C3-4BCF-A350-7128D9F5DC2D.jpeg

We? Who is this ‘We’ you attempt to reference?

I (sorry, WE) feel it a bit odd you (RB) don’t know who Girodisc is. I assume you don’t know who brembo or stoptech is either?

Dude, your posts in brake threads are hilarious. Y’all should get a dedicated social media person and fire whomever is addressing potential customers in open forums with that much contempt in their posts. It’s a MAJOR turnoff to potential customers, I (again, SORRY… WE) would never run your products (again).

• A creative kit developed by RB vs. copy cat kit
  • Sold and shipped by a forum sponsor vs. someone with a screen name
  • Proven installations and result
  • Show support to your forum sponsor

A creative kit? Dude, many other chassis use this exact caliper in their “cheap” BBK. You should have been running after the drift kiddies or the Subaru crowd, for the last 8yrs+.

People with screen names can become forum sponsors, I’d imagine you had to create your screen name and then sign up to be a forum sponsor.

Proven installs? Many bad reviews of said products that were installed.

Support. Laugh. Jeeebus. This is much. I prefer products that speak for themselves vs a ‘screen name’ not addressing actual issues with their product and trying to swing that ‘sponsor’ title around like it’s the new Hawtness.

Good day sir. Can’t wait to see how you attack… errrmm… retort.

Status
Not open for further replies.