Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

dizziness or nausea from driving Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I get nausea in my S85 after flooring a few times & I'm still under 50 & not the "delicate type", so a P85 or above was a complete waist, its been explained g-forces or blood flow with our eyes or in our brains are the cuase.

@hankinjax - yes, it's motion sickness and I experienced it in the beginning. In an ICE car, when you see something ahead for which you need to slow down, you take your foot completely off the accelerator and the car just coasts. In your Tesla, when you take your foot completely off the go pedal, the regeneration kicks in and slows the car dramatically. This is the issue. You'll need to get good at using the pedal to moderate your speed and instead of completely letting off the pedal, just ease up on it a little and try to mimic the coasting of a gas car.

I just got my model s. Has anybody else gotten dizzy or nauseous after driving?

No, but you might be sensitive to the new materials in the car, so try setting the vent to outside air.

It might also be the level of regenerative braking, so you could set the corresponding value to Low under Controls > Driving. Note that I don't recommend this for the long term since you will recover less energy, and that will negatively impact your range.

Didn't know this was a problem. I know the regeneration is weird at first when driving, but it is absolutely no different from friction brakes on an ICE, physically speaking.

I don't know if the lack of noise exacerbates the forces, but I have rode in cars that accelerate more forcefully than even the P85D. A torque junky, I am, and I have never had these symptoms.

If it because of acceleration, the effects of 1.1G (launch) you are experiencing the normal results. After our initial test drive (a few launches) I was feeling sick. I commented to one of the twenty-somethings back at the showroom about the motion sickness and probably my age. He smiled and said that everyone gets sick it just depends on the number and frequency of launches. Google the effects of 1+ G on a human. After a few times of launching our P90DL I would rather have a few more miles of range vs the 2.8 sec launch. 3.1 is plenty fast.
Turning on the rearview camera while going forward is not fun either.