TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Do both registered owners need to be present on delivery day?

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by ab26, Dec 20, 2016.

1. ab26

ab26 Member

I'll be picking up my car sometime this week. I believe all the paperwork is done electronically through myTesla. When I take delivery of the car, is there any other paperwork that needs to be done (or any more signatures needed)?

I plan to have both my wife and myself as registered owners but only I would be able to pick up the car as my wife is on travel.

2. 182RG

182RG Free The Service Manuals From Tyranny

I don't know about Tesla's paperwork at delivery, but I've dealt with situations like this by having my wife sign a Limited Power of Attorney (POA) document. A Limited POA would give you the right to sign for her for a specifically described transaction in the document. You should be able to easily find a template for one on-line.

Example:

Limited Power of Attorney Form

3. Thomas Allen

Thomas Allen Member

When I picked up my Model S they gave me a FedEx envelope to return the paperwork with my wife's signature.

4. gearchruncher

gearchruncher Member

Likely depends on the state.

5. PedanticOne

PedanticOne MyTesla Refresh Champion

The best person to ask, of course, is your DS. The source of truth! (mostly)

6. iceman747

iceman747 Member

Per my CA DS, both registered owners have to be present.