Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do electromagnetic fields cause long term damage to health by driving an EV?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, yeah, looks like a troll post to me to, but I commend you for taking it seriously, and providing a serious answer.

I NEVER ride in a Tesla without one of these:

71fw-aS7V0L._AC_SX425_.jpg

Don't forget the grounding strap!

I could provide a detailed response if it was a properly formed question, but the correct response in this case is DON'T FEED THE TROLL

gees you all seem to be completely devoid of any sense of perspective.
It’s a legitimate question...just because it does not align with your opinions does not make it wrong.

you all need to grow up

gees you all seem to be completely devoid of any sense of perspective.
It’s a legitimate question...just because it does not align with your opinions does not make it wrong.

you all need to grow up

Mixed in with the dismissive responses were some very coherent and factually verifiable responses, which you choose not to acknowledge and only go after those who call you a troll. If you were truly interested in discussing this topic, you would respond to the productive posts.

The majority here are so defensive!
50 years ago the same was said about cigarettes and asbestos...now it’s universally accepted how detrimental to health these things are.
50 years ago.... you mean 1970? I'm pretty sure when I was in 3rd grade, they showed us that healthy lung/smoker's lung model. I also remember going to the Little League banquet to get my trophy, and there was so much smoke in the room, my eyes were tearing up. All the dads thought it was cute that I was crying to get my trophy. Little did they know, how painful that smoke was to a child's eyes. When I got to high school, 1976, students needed to get parental permission to smoke, and 200 students out of 1000 had permission. By the time I graduated in 1980, that number had dropped to about 20. So, I guess, something happened in that period from 1970 to 1980.

Reactions: Hank42
Just imagine the long term health effects of driving an EV? No potentially damaging exhaust byproducts, no exposure to gasoline fumes, no emissions of any sort, etc., etc.
That's not strictly true: even with EVs, tire abrasion causes particulates that can be quite significant for those living in high traffic areas. So, when driving your Tesla, don't "punch it" — help reduce tire abrasion and the attendant small particulate air pollution!

Just saying... ;)

Meaning you think supercharging is unsafe?

Ignoring the discussion of is EMF safe or not, there is a significant variance in EMF when it's supercharging and not supercharging.

I would personally not sit in the car during supercharging sessions. Even worse, keeping kids/pets in the back seat where EMF is the highest during supercharging (think exponential increase compared to the front seats).

• Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve