Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do I still have Acceleration Boost even though I returned/refunded?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought the Acceleration Boost for my Model 3 LR AWD and tried it for a couple days. After installation I had the Acceleration modes "Chill" and "Sport" as expected. Additionally, the About screen showed I had the Acceleration Boost package. After I returned the option the car rebooted and the Acceleration modes "Chill" and "Standard" showed up, also as expected. But "Acceleration Boost" still shows as an installed package.

Am I the super lucky owner of a free Acceleration Boost option that somehow didn't really uninstall, or is it just a UI bug? (Note that after using the option for 2 days I've lost track of what the boost feels like compared to normal acceleration so it's not obvious to me by feel.)

Screen.jpg

Attachments

• YKa05oT - Imgur.png
    YKa05oT - Imgur.png
    2 MB · Views: 53
I did the same thing you did. I tried it out for a couple of days and then returned it. I noticed the same thing where it is listed under vehicle information. But if you check your app, it will say that it was refunded. In addition, as the other poster mentioned, the option to drive under CHILL vs SPORT will return to saying CHILL vs STANDARD. I think it is a software oversight that they need to update. Interestingly though, I ended up buying the boost anyways!!

I had the exact same thing as well. Although I bought it again and now it doesn't show up on my Software tab at all. Chatted with Tesla and they claim they removed the Acceleration Boost listing from the software screen on the entire fleet (I'm assuming he said that just to end the chat)

I did the same thing you did. I tried it out for a couple of days and then returned it. I noticed the same thing where it is listed under vehicle information. But if you check your app, it will say that it was refunded. In addition, as the other poster mentioned, the option to drive under CHILL vs SPORT will return to saying CHILL vs STANDARD. I think it is a software oversight that they need to update. Interestingly though, I ended up buying the boost anyways!!

When you bought the boost again, did you reach a conclusion about what the in-between time was? I.E did you come to realize you paid 2k for no reason, or that the boost in fact had been removed/reapplied?